The Easy Way to Fold a Fitted Sheet

Learn how to fold a fitted bed sheet that looks as nice as a flat sheet.

Ahh, the dreaded fitted sheet. From making the bed to doing laundry, it’s one of those pesky products we all have that pleads for attention. It’s high maintenance, if you will, and it’s also probably the one thing in your house that’s inevitably wrinkled/knotted/balled up/stuffed into the back of your linen closet … because I know you, you’re like me. And who’s got time for wrestling a sheet?

But here’s the thing: There’s a super-duper easy way to fold a fitted sheet and I promise that you’ll be able to do it on your first try (and then you’ll share this awesome video with your friends, and begin to contemplate your ability to solve the other mysteries in life). The best thing about this method is that it leaves your sheet looking as cleanly folded as a flat sheet, and when you unfold it, no wrinkles! I really can’t stress enough how learning how to fold a fitted sheet the easy way will make your day, so please watch this video for your own good.

You can find moreĀ creative folding videosĀ on our new Made + Remade video page.

12 Responses

1. Barb says:

this totally works and I use flannel sheets all year (light flannel in summer & heavy in winter) I use my bed instead of a table (my bed is almost waist high & larger is better than a table). I then put the folded sheets and cases in the one matching pillow case, very easy.

2. judy says:

I do the "putting the corners together like mittens" the way Robin describes.
    I also put the top sheet and cases on top so the sets stay together

3. carolee says:

No video on ANY link!!

4. Elizabeth says:

I'd watch the video if I could find it. Folding link on the videos page takes me to dishwashing vids. Not helpful.

• kellysmtrimble says:

You should be able to watch the video in the post above. If you link over to the video landing page, just click down under the "How to Fold Anything" channel to the sheet video.

5. texaslady says:

someone needs to lean how to record better videos. you cant see anything she is doing on the videos all I see is the background. that is not much good for a how to video. im an armature and can record better than that.

6. Robin says:

Just put your hands inside the corners, like mittens and match two together. Then bring up the other two. From there you can probably work out the rest. Martha Stewart has a YouTube video someplace that's helpful. Remember just line up the seams to get started…

7. Cricket says:

That is a nice way to fold the older styled fitted sheets, but how do you fold the
    newer fitted sheets that have gathered elastic along all four sides? It is very frustrating to fold.

8. Franco says:

try that with a king sheet…

9. missy says:

I just wash my sheets and put right back on my bed…which is perfect because I never have to fold a fitted sheet! replace my sheet set when needed.

10. Katherine says:

She doesn't tell you how to get the sheet into position to be folded the first time. That's the hard part. I see no elastic. Not to mention, the fabric of the sheet she is folding is silky and heavy and therefore easier to get to fold and lie flat. Try doing this with a flannel sheet! Sorry. This video isn't very helpful to me.

11. Freyja's Mom says:

Soooo is that your funny point? No actual video to watch… No nice way to fold the stupid sheet? Huh… Not cool

About Emily Fazio

199Posts

I caught the home improvement bug at an early age, and now I'm a full-time DIYer living in Rochester, NY. The projects I cover on my blog Merrypad range ...

More About Emily Fazio