DIY Ways to Clean Up Carpet Messes

We love to entertain, but we also love our white rugs. Throw a 50 pound (absolutely adorable) dog into the mix, and you’d better believe this DIY-er has a few tricks up her sleeve! Check out this video with two of my favorites: how to get candle wax out of carpet and how to clean up dirty spots like muddy footprints.

You can find more DIY cleaning videos here on our new Made + Remade video page.

10 Responses

1. Kelley Barnett says:

Great video. I will follow your advice. Thank you for sharing it. Best regards!

2. Torri says:

Whoops, sorry, we meant Carpet Cleaners of Nashville

3. Torri says:

It's always nice to read up on new and different ways to remove stains from carpets. Recently, I have found that water in itself can take a lot of stains away more effectively than some cleaners. Anyways, great info. Appreciate the share. Visit us at Carpet Cleaners of Nashville

4. new year says:

realy nice article thanks for sharing tyhat usefull content very nice from you year 2016 happy new year 2016 ux

5. loganzachary123 says:

Taken me atleast 5 minutes to read this. Quick I know cause I love reading
    sheepskin rug

6. RecipeDev says:

RecipeDev Is all about To learn Recipes to prepare Delicious Food around the world. is the best website to get Free and easy recipes for Indian, Italian, Mexican, Chines, American Cuisines. We have various categories of recipes and course. We provide recipes by skill level so you can easily find a recipe for your skill level and not to mess with harder OR not to get bored with easiest recipes.

7. Ahmed Khan says:

First time in Bollywood history, Salman Khan will work with Karan johar in his upcoming film Shhuddhi. Previously Salman khan appeared in Karan Johar's Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, but then they never worked together because of the Karan Johar & Shahrukh khan friendship. photos

8. Indeed a right way.

9. Sharon Potter says:

Last week I had a little catastrophe with my aroma red candle. I just dropped it on the floor, on my carpet, and now I have red stain, red wax stain. I will try these tricks! Thanks for sharing!

10. Lazaroau says:

Did you use any liquids for clean this carpet?

About Hannah B. Slaughter

I’m a graphic designer for HGTV and DIY who loves taking something old, making it new and then adding sparkle. Weekend activities include thrifting with my handsome husband, writing for ...

More About Hannah B. Slaughter