At this point, you probably already know I’m kinda into donuts. Though I don’t partake as often as you might think, I’m basically always dreaming of donuts. And today is a nationwide celebration of my most revered breakfast treat – how GREAT does that make today?
In honor of National Donut Day, I’ve collected my favorite donut recipes for you to whip up, donut craft projects for you to make, donut products for you to buy, and donut shops for you to dash to for a donut fix. However you enjoy donuts, I’ve got you covered.
DONUTS: the recipes
2. Baked Maple Bacon Doughnuts by Shutterbean - What the what? How have these not been in my life until now?
3. Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Doughnuts by The Candid Appetite – Uhhhhhh…. Sorry. I was too busy drooling over these to type words.
4. Donut Marshmallows by Studio DIY – Not a fan of baked goods? Not a problem, you can still partake in these donuts.
5. Doughscuits - Gluten-free, but still craving a decadent donut? Not a problem. I hacked the hack and made it happen.
DONUTS: the crafts
1. Donut-Themed Children’s Paint Party by Pars Caeli – Parenting win + donuts = triple mega life points.
2. DIY Donut Floppy Hat by Studio DIY - Just in time for summer’s sunshine, the sweetest way to protect your skin in donut style.
3. DIY Donut Pincushion by Punk Projects – I might actually sew if I had a pincushion this cute.
4. DIY Doughnut Garland by The House That Lars Built – Doughnut parties require donut decor.
5. DIY Donut Pinata by Studio DIY - Yes, Kelly of Studio DIY is basically the revered queen of donut crafts.
DONUTS: for you to buy
1. Donuts on a plate ring – Need donuts within sight at all times? Done.
2. Donut Plush Toy – Because who doesn’t need a 10-inch stuffed donut?
3. Donut iPhone Case – Your most prized electronic device deserves a donut, too.
4. Donut Coin Purse – No big deal. Just a KATE SPADE DONUT COIN PURSE.
5. Donut Platform Wedges – Who needs sunshine when you can be walking on donuts?
DONUTS: the best donut shops around
1. Voodoo Donuts - I’ve been told these donuts are worth the trip cross country – and that was coming from a pastry chef.
2. Doughnut Plant – New Hampshire to New York isn’t too far to go for donuts…right?
3. Jelly Cafe - In Denver? Go to Jelly Cafe. Now. Right now. GO!
4. Union Square Donuts – Rumors that a “Buttered Popcorn” donut will soon debut swirled this spring…
5. Kane’s Donuts - This family-run shop is world famous. The honey dipped will have you saying “Krispy who?”
Hungry yet? Go check a donut shop near you – it’s a pretty safe bet they’re giving away a free donut today. Looking for hot donuts near you right now? Check out Donut Day USA – enter your zip code and you’ll be on your way to hot donut heaven. Sugar coma, here I come.