With Memorial Day weekend fast on the approach, I’m up to my elbows in yard sale prep. That’s right — we’re breaking down and hosting our first ever yard sale. I’ll be back next week with some tips and tricks of how to host your own headache-free yard sale, but in the meantime, here are a dozen fantastic, fast and easy DIY projects you can totally tackle this Memorial Day Weekend, straight from the Made + Remade crew. Get outside, get busy building and making, and have a great weekend!
1. DIY Elevated Wooden Planter. How better to grow your garden without the pain of a backache?
2. DIY Modern White Planters. My herb garden is still going strong and I adore the clean white DIY planters I whipped up.
3. DIY Shibori Tie Dyeing — Get the whole family geared up in rubber gloves, and go to town.
4. DIY Etched Wood Coasters — The perfect touch for your summer holiday tablescape, these are so fast and easy to make.
5. DIY Paper Peony Bouquet — These lovely tissue paper blooms will make your table look festive and special without breaking the bank OR wilting!
6. DIY Kid Retreats — What kid doesn’t yearn for a secret fort? Build one of these this weekend (a big project, but it can be done) and become your child’s hero.
7. DIY Custom Luggage Tags — Traveling for the holiday? Spot your luggage fast in a sea of black suitcases at the baggage claim with a colorful luggage tag.
8. DIY Faux Flower Garlands — Using tissue paper and twine, you can craft up a luxe garland to cheer up your Memorial Day party in no time.
9. DIY Burlap Wainscoting — Straight out of DIY Network’s Blog Cabin 2013, this project is the perfect balance of modern meets rustic.
10. DIY Chalkboard Pavers — Create your own special “Welcome Home” message with these customizable paver stones using chalkboard spray paint.
11. DIY Painted Vases — We all have glass vases that come with a floral arrangement. It’s time to make those plain janes chic with spray paint, craft paint, liquid gilding and glitter washi tape.
12. Modern DIY Window Boxes — I adore these modern window boxes. Emily’s tutorial is a little more technical, but for an intermediate DIY-er, her instructions should be crystal clear and easy to knock out in a weekend.
There you have it. I could have listed about 20 more projects from our talented team, but I have to go get started on drawing up the best and most attractive yard sale signs you’ve ever seen. Wish me luck — this yard sale novice is a little nervous! Happy Memorial Day Weekend, y’all!