Chalkboard Crafts Even You Haven’t Tried

If you’re anything like me, you probably continue to think that the chalkboard trend will take its dying breath any day now. But wait! Anonymous Pinterest user has just posted the most incredible use of chalkboard paint you have ever seen … and the whole thing starts again. I’ve decided to stop fighting this ever-growing trend and, instead, embrace it in all its DIY-versatile goodness.

Chalkboard Planters

The coolest chalkboard craft I’ve come across recently? These awesome planters! It’s such an easy way to update a plain terra cotta pot, and I just love the way they look with their names on display (and in French no less!). But if this style seems a little too School Days for you, jazz them up with a cool tribal or geometric pattern. The options are endless!

Chalkboard Fridge

My second favorite use of chalkboard paint is this beautiful refrigerator! My fridge has got to be over a decade old, but it works. So, while I could never throw something out that doesn’t actually have any problems (other than the fact that it’s a bit of an eyesore), I would love to give it the chalkboard treatment. I might even just leave it black, because I’m crazy for that cool matte look.

What do you think? Are you over chalkboard paint and its many uses? Or are you itching to give one of these clever ideas a try? Let us know in the comments below!

9 Responses

1. janetd says:

The chalkboard placemat link didn't work. Try this : http://www.diynetwork.com/decorating/how-to-make-

2. jany says:

I used green chalkboard paint on the old dirty, dented ,steel garage door that opens to the laundry room. I now write Honey Do notes with chalk so my husband(or I ) can erase the jobs as we complete yard and garage tasks.

3. kathy bozeman says:

wish to use chalkboard paint for old counter tops, where do you get the paint and how do you use it for counter tops

4. Pamela says:

Over are you kidding. There are so many new ideas and each one is better than the 1st. I just did the inside of a cabinet door and then hung two metal strips with hooks and hung my measuring spoons and measuring cups. Above each one I wrote the size of the cup or spoon. Then above I wrote the equivelent chart. I also saw that on pineterest. Now we have tackled the refrig just like you want too. Also make sure to check out the chalk pens…so much less dust…so many things to paint. Also im doing inside of pantry door as we see that we are out of something we can write it down. Keep one of the chalk pens handy on one of those round belt hooks that you keep your badge on that extends out as you pull. That way it is handy and will not swing in the doors way like a string does….Do I need to say more its a movement that is just heating up…..

5. Cyndi Evans says:

I want to know where to buy that hanging lamp! I bought some chalkboard paint the other day and some blackboard markers to play with!

6. Lea says:

Great ideas….love the frig, kitchen counter, so many others!

7. Cynthia says:

Loving the pavers just wondering how long paint will last- rains in Oregon

8. merrypad says:

Cute – I really like the idea of the chalkboard pavers! Slightly inset, that would make for a fun hopscotch setup in a grassy yard.

9. [...] over at MADE+remade shared some amazing chalkboard art projects including this super fun chalkboard [...]

About Keri Sanders

11Posts

I’m an aspiring Renaissance woman with a passion for crafting. On any given weekend, you can find me scouring the web for fun new design ideas, continuing my quest to ...

More About Keri Sanders