Not Just for Kids: 6 Hip Bath Organization Ideas You’ll Want to Steal

When a bunch of new bathroom how-to projects and articles launched on DIYNetwork.com recently, we couldn’t get over all the cute and clever ideas for kids, tweens and teens. It figures, though, because it was our own Laurie March who created the 6 themed kids’ bathroom makeovers — and everyone knows that Laurie is a kid at heart. (Right, Laurie?) It was the organization ideas that really wowed us. It can be like fighting an uphill battle to keep most kids organized, but these ideas could get even the most untidy teen in the organization game. Check out our 6 favorite ideas, and adults, don’t be afraid to steal them for your own — we sure plan on doing the same.

Hang Earrings From a Cheese Grater

a cheese grater used to organize earrings

Store Accessories in Cute Ice Cube Trays

ice cube trays used for jewelry and hair accessory organization

Stash Hair Ties in an Egg Carton

egg carton used to organize hair ties

Step Up Your Step Stool’s Style

store a step stool in your kids bath

Use Skateboards for Shelves

skateboard shelves in a kids bathroom

Go Vintage for a First Shaving Kit

vintage toolbox used for bathroom shaving storage

And after you check out even more fun bathroom how-to ideas, tell us: What are your favorites?

WAIT! There’s even more. See the many clever storage tips below.

12 Responses

1. Cat says:

The skateboards would be perfect for perches for LARGE kitty cats. The ones in stores are always to either too small for my big cat to stretch out on or they cost a fortune. Thanks for the GREAT idea!

2. Lexi_&_Livi_Jewelry says:

I'm a jewelry artist and I'm always looking for new ways to display my creations for photography and display. I love the idea of using the grater!

3. Fiona says:

If done neatly, these recyclable decors come as quite the eye-catcher. But with the help of a little paint and coating, these materials would appear bright as new. It would be great to know more clever materials for recycling. – just soak in style

4. SLWilson says:

Wow, I never would have though of those… I love how you think outside the box!

• Laurie_March says:

Thanks SLWilson! :)

• trish says:

I agree, so many great ideas! I like the "tackle/tool" box for the guys. We're getting ready to redo a bath for hub. The mustache pic would be a nice addition to the room. I'm seeing more guys getting back to the old fashion shaving routine. Been investigating what could be done for cool storage. This post has helped. Thanks, Laurie!

5. those painted skateboards look great for shelving! snowboards for book shelves in the bedroom would be cool, too!

6. Sarah K. says:

Using a cheese grater for earrings is such a great idea!

7. Keri_HGTV says:

Love the girl's goth-style bathroom. The preserved insects and framed x-rays are great!

• Laurie_March says:

Thanks Keri! Maybe you can tell – I wasn't a very 'pink' kinda kid when I was growing up…

About Made + Remade Crew

46Posts

Author has not filled out bio yet.