I don’t know about you, but Labor Day around our house typically consists of some barbecue and a few beers. If we’re lucky, there will be a lake involved. But this year, I’m thinking we might step up our game a bit. After all, summer is worth a special toast, right? This super simple idea for vodka-spiked lemonade with a garnish of fresh thyme caught my eye — and has my taste buds taking notice. I have thyme in my garden, so I’m ready to go. Here are some other ideas for using thyme from your garden.
• Sweet Thyme Cookie Recipe from HGTVGardens.com
• About Thyme: History, Uses and Growing Tips from HGTVGardens.com
If thyme’s not your thing, or you’re looking for more than just lemonade, check out some of these other ideas for cocktails (both mock versions and the real thing) and Labor Day fare. I’m thinking grilled watermelon salsa is definitely on our Labor Day menu, too.
Cheers to summer!
• 13 Summer Cocktails and Frozen Drinks from HGTV.com
• 10 Perfect Drinks for Cocktail Hour from DIYNetwork.com
• How to Infuse Liquor With Garden Ingredients from HGTVGardens.com
• Labor Day Watermelon Recipes from HGTVGardens.com
• 10 Summer Party Themes from HGTV.com