Blog Cabin Project of the Week: Reclaimed Wood Dining Table With Beachy Theme

reclaimed wood beach dining tableThis year’s Blog Cabin on the North Carolina coast is well under way and the team is whipping out clever how-to projects using reclaimed materials on a weekly basis. That’s why I’m going to post our favorite projects here every week on Made + Remade until the Blog Cabin sweepstakes ends on September 13. Actually, it’s really about posting your favorite projects, the ones that DIY watchers and readers are loving the most, like this bring-home-the-beach dining table, which is one of the most popular posts on our Facebook page — ever.

Since I just returned from a vacation to the beach, this project is really near and dear to my wistful heart right now. Reading about how Blog Cabin project manager Dylan Eastman found the sea glass and shells sent me back there instantly. The beach. Don’t you just want to bring it back home with you every time? Well, now you can. Learn how to make this simple table from reclaimed wood and fill it with your favorite vacation memorabilia, whether from the beach, mountains, city or country — whatever your heart desires.

Note: As one of our Facebook readers suggested, it’s a good idea to use sterilized sand for this project to avoid unknowingly bringing in any beach creepy crawlers or mildew.

This table is part of the design of the Blog Cabin kitchen and fits perfectly with the natural, rough-hewn vibe. You can tour the whole space in this gallery.

See more spaces from Blog Cabin in our virtual tour, photo and video galleries, plus find more how-to projects from this year’s Blog Cabin, and stay tuned for more of our — and your — favorites here on Made + Remade.

8 Responses

1. AsharSeo says:

School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering and Applied Science. -40th Birthday Party Ideas

2. Jarmakwood says:

Love this design! To find historic reclaimed wood for this project and many more be sure to visit http://www.jarmakwood.com! Keep REcreating!!!

3. AsharSeo says:

I liked the beach theme for the wooden table. It's looking very beautiful. I will but this type of table for my home. – http://sextonbender.com/

4. @mena99260 says:

Jual rumah di jogja saat inisedang ramai, karena banyak orang yang menjadikan jogja sebagai destinasi untuk kuliah ataupun bekerja. Ini dengan sendirinya mendorong ke arah bisnis jual beli properti seperti rumah, tanah, star wars commander hacks

5. @mena99260 says:

The Master of Biotechnology Program prepares students, both full- and part-time, for leadership in the critically important and dynamic industries of biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. Strongly interdisciplinary, this innovative professional master's program draws its faculty and courses from the School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering and Applied Science. I found it

6. e-forex says:

It is always a pleasure to read a text written by someone, who knows how to write in an interesting way and has something to say � from me you get a huge "thanks". you need informations about great job!

7. furnituregeeks says:

This is a nice post. I liked the beach theme for the wooden table. It's looking very beautiful. I will but this type of table for my home.

About Kelly Smith Trimble

68Posts

I grow vegetables wherever I can find enough sunlight and forage roadsides and hiking trails for plants that can be used to make natural dyes. You can find both vintage ...

More About Kelly Smith Trimble