Tuesday Toolsday: Win a BenchtopPRO Cleaner

To enter last week’s Toolsday giveaway, you had to identify a pair of long skinny half circles.  Not too many people guessed what they were. Most guesses were curtain rods or drawer slides, a few of you also guessed tracks for moving a refrigerator. But they were all wrong. The mystery tool was a pair of upholstery channel tins.  They are forms used to make old-fashion channel-back chairs (the backs are fluted). The tins hold the shape of the half circle while the upholster stuffs the chair.

We randomly picked one winner out of all the comments and that lucky person is Chris.  Congrats Chris, you have one week to reply to our email before another winner is chosen.  

Next Tuesday, we will be giving away a BenchtopPRO parts cleaner. This is a great tool for all homeowners, DIYers and mechanics.  The BenchtopPRO is a parts-washing system that can clean years of gunk and grime off most anything from lawnmower blades to bicycle parts, and it works great on flea market treasures that you’re planning on repurposing. To get everything so clean, the BenchtopPRO combines the process of bioremediation with a revolutionary non-flammable degreasing solution engineered to work at room temperature.

Did you know you could paint upholstered chairs, curtains, floors and even carpeting?   While you can! We’ve got instructions on how to paint low-pile carpets. Also, find out how to revive furniture with paint, or a staircase, ceiling and more

To win the BenchtopPRO, post a comment (click “comment” above) and tell us what these two pieces belong to. You don’t have to answer correctly to win; we will randomly pick one winner.

On Tuesday, February 19, we will select the winner then start up a new giveaway for another tool, which will be given away the Tuesday after that.

You have until February 19, 2013 at 2:00pm (ET) to enter to win the BenchTop Pro.  
Official Rules.

1,672 Responses

  1. ROBERT LOOSE SR says:


  2. Nicole says:

    Push buttons for an electric organ from the 1970's.

  3. Jerry Duggan says:

    Push buttons for ?

  4. Laura Adkins says:

    led light housing

  5. corn dog says:

    i have no idea

  6. donna smith says:

    For use in wood working holding furniture in place, like plastic ones that heighten your bed.

  7. Matt P says:

    Red one looks like a fuse of some sort. Tan probably the same but can't see inside it.

  8. John Fry says:

    Telephone buttons. Thank-you.

  9. rhebarenee says:

    They look like knobs to turn something electrical on or off.


    bulb cover

  11. Phyllis Skoglund says:

    fuse covers

  12. GCatoe says:

    Push buttons

  13. StarfireZephyr says:

    Haven't a clue!

  14. Becky says:

    Lens covers for electrical device.

  15. JohnB says:

    Some type of a light and cover.

  16. librarypat says:

    Covers for condensers in old radios.

  17. Melody says:

    hold buttons for old multi line phone

  18. shylo57 says:

    Don't have a clue but they do look like jello molds

  19. ANTHONY says:


  20. William says:

    hold and line buttons on an old phone

  21. tomok says:

    money holder – there's a dollar bill inside the red one!

  22. looker19 says:

    They look like push button covers.

  23. donald says:

    no culue

  24. NCSU_Wes says:

    electrical relay covers

  25. jeff says:

    furniture things to make taller


About Jackie McGilvray 


When I'm not pulling together great projects and inspiring ideas as editor of DIYNetwork.com, I'm watching my two adorable boys play whatever sport is in season. Or I might be ...

More About Jackie McGilvray