Toolsday Giveaway: Win Some DIY Network Swag

Surprisingly, a lot of people knew the identity of last week’s mystery Toolsday tool. It was an old pair of Swiss military snow shoes – perfect for climbing the Alps.

We randomly picked one winner out of all last week’s comments and that lucky person is Tom M, who thought it was a pair of sleds meant for ferrets (I’d like to see that!). Congrats Tom, even though you answered incorrectly, you still win. You have exactly one week to reply to our email before we pick another winner.

Next week, we’re going to give away a DIY Network lunch box full of fun and handy DIY swag.

According to Punxsutawney Phil, spring is not far off (wahoo!). We’ve got some DIY projects to give your home a new look for the new season.  Many of these projects you can do on a budget – headboards, window treatments, slipcovers and funky coffee tables – give one a try while you’re still stuck inside.

To win the DIY Network swag, post a comment (click “comment” above) and tell us what these long, skinny things are used for (pictured below).  You don’t have to answer correctly to win; we will randomly pick one winner.

On Tuesday, February 12, we will select the winner then start up a new giveaway for another prize, which will be given away the Tuesday after that.

You have until February 12, 2013, 2:00pm (ET) to enter to win the swag bag.  
Official Rules.

1,686 Responses

  1. Karen says:

    Curtain Rod maybe?

  2. Dradz says:

    newer window weights

  3. nancy says:

    don't know

  4. Murry says:

    Covers for computer cabling.

  5. Hilda Williams says:

    It looks like a tanning bed for barbies.But, I really think that they are brackets to attach the drawer to.

  6. Karen says:

    no clue…protecters of some kind

  7. Lenore says:

    Center under drawer glides

  8. Jana berg says:

    Curtain rod

  9. Don Shoup says:

    cabinet drawer brackets

  10. myaandmom says:

    to cover exposed wires up on the wire

  11. Mark says:

    Drawer Tracks

  12. Michael F says:

    2 pieces of metal

  13. heta G says:

    curtain rod

  14. spthomas1 says:

    Either a curtain rod or the lathe bit (without the handle)

  15. K.K. says:

    Cannoli rollers? :-D

  16. Stan says:

    I believe it is a Drawer slides runners or track

  17. Al R says:

    tracks for slide

  18. Lena635 says:

    these are metal glides that fit on the bottom of chest and dresser drawers and fit into a wooden groove attached to the base of the chest or dresser so that the drawers can stay locked into a level position when pulling the drawer open and shut.

  19. Mitchell says:

    Some type of guides or sliders.

  20. Eileen Damon says:

    part of a curtain rod

  21. derf says:

    a yarn rack

  22. Norm says:

    cabinet brackets

  23. Randy says:

    No idea.

  24. Deborah James says:

    Look like curtain rods.

  25. Roberta Wilcox says:

    I believe they are the Extender's to be used with curtain rods that are too short…they extend the curtain rods to fit the window.


About Jackie McGilvray 


When I'm not pulling together great projects and inspiring ideas as editor of, I'm watching my two adorable boys play whatever sport is in season. Or I might be ...

More About Jackie McGilvray