Toolsday Giveaway: Win Some DIY Network Swag

Surprisingly, a lot of people knew the identity of last week’s mystery Toolsday tool. It was an old pair of Swiss military snow shoes – perfect for climbing the Alps.

We randomly picked one winner out of all last week’s comments and that lucky person is Tom M, who thought it was a pair of sleds meant for ferrets (I’d like to see that!). Congrats Tom, even though you answered incorrectly, you still win. You have exactly one week to reply to our email before we pick another winner.

Next week, we’re going to give away a DIY Network lunch box full of fun and handy DIY swag.

According to Punxsutawney Phil, spring is not far off (wahoo!). We’ve got some DIY projects to give your home a new look for the new season.  Many of these projects you can do on a budget – headboards, window treatments, slipcovers and funky coffee tables – give one a try while you’re still stuck inside.

To win the DIY Network swag, post a comment (click “comment” above) and tell us what these long, skinny things are used for (pictured below).  You don’t have to answer correctly to win; we will randomly pick one winner.

On Tuesday, February 12, we will select the winner then start up a new giveaway for another prize, which will be given away the Tuesday after that.

You have until February 12, 2013, 2:00pm (ET) to enter to win the swag bag.  
Official Rules.

1,686 Responses

  1. Ora Lichti says:

    Curtain rod extenders

  2. Bree says:

    Looks like they could be Gutter guards

  3. Sally L. says:

    Looks kinda like part of a curtain rod.

  4. Alan C says:

    Two shaped metal objects.

  5. Wilco194 says:

    Mortar jointers?

  6. Bill says:

    curtain holders

  7. looker19 says:

    It looks like half of a curtain rod set with a center extension piece.

  8. Deborah Bentrup says:

    It's a curtain rod

  9. Raymond Huffaker says:

    Curtain rod sleeve

  10. Jon_D says:

    When you are sewing curtains or other items with long straight runs, you clip the pieces together with the fabric between them to hold the fabric steady while sewing. Or you can use them as a guide to fold fabric over to make the hem around the edges of your curtains.

  11. martin bodnar says:

    curtain-rod extenders

  12. Ben Horton says:

    Some type of drawer slide.

  13. Vincent Gruenbacher says:

    drawer slides

  14. rhonda says:

    wallpaper holders

  15. Metro says:

    curtain holder like a tie back

  16. RambLynn says:

    Purty curtain rods.

  17. eleanor says:

    weight slides for the bottom of horizontal blinds

  18. PojoEric says:

    Whatever they are, the NRA says if they're outlawed, only outlaws will have them!

  19. Tim Brown says:

    Chop sticks

  20. Winston Ling says:

    I agree it looks like curtain rods.

  21. saunlil67 says:

    I think they are used for protection on shelves in refrigerators.

  22. Roy F. says:

    drawer slides

  23. James Lofland says:

    I agree with the posted comments. They look like curtain rod extensions.

  24. Babette says:

    Curtain rods.

  25. Laura L. says:

    the sides for a drawer :)


About Jackie McGilvray 


When I'm not pulling together great projects and inspiring ideas as editor of, I'm watching my two adorable boys play whatever sport is in season. Or I might be ...

More About Jackie McGilvray