Toolsday Giveaway: Win Some DIY Network Swag

Surprisingly, a lot of people knew the identity of last week’s mystery Toolsday tool. It was an old pair of Swiss military snow shoes – perfect for climbing the Alps.

We randomly picked one winner out of all last week’s comments and that lucky person is Tom M, who thought it was a pair of sleds meant for ferrets (I’d like to see that!). Congrats Tom, even though you answered incorrectly, you still win. You have exactly one week to reply to our email before we pick another winner.

Next week, we’re going to give away a DIY Network lunch box full of fun and handy DIY swag.

According to Punxsutawney Phil, spring is not far off (wahoo!). We’ve got some DIY projects to give your home a new look for the new season.  Many of these projects you can do on a budget – headboards, window treatments, slipcovers and funky coffee tables – give one a try while you’re still stuck inside.

To win the DIY Network swag, post a comment (click “comment” above) and tell us what these long, skinny things are used for (pictured below).  You don’t have to answer correctly to win; we will randomly pick one winner.

On Tuesday, February 12, we will select the winner then start up a new giveaway for another prize, which will be given away the Tuesday after that.

You have until February 12, 2013, 2:00pm (ET) to enter to win the swag bag.  
Official Rules.

1,686 Responses

  1. Rudy says:

    Adjustable curtain rods

  2. dave says:

    knife sharpener

  3. skhi says:

    Curtain Rod Bending Tool

  4. Keenan says:

    A support rod.

  5. Craig Slocum says:

    curtain rails

  6. laura c says:

    They do look like curtain rods

  7. Kenneth Barnes says:

    Curtin rods

  8. Barbara says:

    They look like under/over door guards!!!!! just a guess….

  9. Al R says:

    curtain rods

  10. Ed hanley says:

    Metal slide rail for ball bearings

  11. Linda says:


  12. kitty says:

    drawer slides

  13. Gloria says:

    Curtain Rods

  14. Steve says:

    Crumb sweepers used on linen table clothes by waiters in high end restaurants.

  15. Lauralee Hensley says:

    Look like what goes on the floor under a door. Under door floor tread. I have no idea what they are called.

  16. momsandner says:

    curtain rod extensions

  17. Ron Lockart says:

    Slider brackets for cabinet drawers so the drawers slide in smoothly

  18. druid9855 says:

    "It's curtains for you, Muggsy. Myaaah! Curtains, see? Myaaah! Lace curtains. On extension rods, see?"

    -with apologies to Edward G. Robinson and Bugs Bunny.

  19. Elaine says:

    Looks like curtain rod extensions to me.

  20. Mike says:

    Curtain Rods

  21. MichaelJ says:

    I can only think of curtain rod sliders

  22. Wanda says:

    draw sliders

  23. Ken says:


  24. FredG says:

    pieces of metal drawer slides

  25. dslewis99 says:

    Look kink of like curtain rods, but I'm sure they're something else.


About Jackie McGilvray 


When I'm not pulling together great projects and inspiring ideas as editor of, I'm watching my two adorable boys play whatever sport is in season. Or I might be ...

More About Jackie McGilvray