Toolsday Giveaway: Win Some DIY Network Swag

Surprisingly, a lot of people knew the identity of last week’s mystery Toolsday tool. It was an old pair of Swiss military snow shoes – perfect for climbing the Alps.

We randomly picked one winner out of all last week’s comments and that lucky person is Tom M, who thought it was a pair of sleds meant for ferrets (I’d like to see that!). Congrats Tom, even though you answered incorrectly, you still win. You have exactly one week to reply to our email before we pick another winner.

Next week, we’re going to give away a DIY Network lunch box full of fun and handy DIY swag.

According to Punxsutawney Phil, spring is not far off (wahoo!). We’ve got some DIY projects to give your home a new look for the new season.  Many of these projects you can do on a budget – headboards, window treatments, slipcovers and funky coffee tables – give one a try while you’re still stuck inside.

To win the DIY Network swag, post a comment (click “comment” above) and tell us what these long, skinny things are used for (pictured below).  You don’t have to answer correctly to win; we will randomly pick one winner.

On Tuesday, February 12, we will select the winner then start up a new giveaway for another prize, which will be given away the Tuesday after that.

You have until February 12, 2013, 2:00pm (ET) to enter to win the swag bag.  
Official Rules.

1,686 Responses

  1. juliec says:

    i think it goes on bottom and top of door to keep cold/heat out

  2. Scott says:

    Curtain rod thingamabob

  3. DianeElaine Watson says:

    My first thought was some sort of fancy windshield wipers – maybe to remove ice?

  4. wendyn says:

    These are drawer brackets that allow a drawer with rollers to slide open and closed easily.

  5. kathy Wanat says:

    Looks like Curtain Rod extentders.

  6. Doug says:

    Drawer sliders? broken ice tongs lol

  7. cheryl says:

    I'm going to have to say some kind of mold but have no idea what for.

  8. ronald armstrong says:

    curtain rods you slide them together

  9. kristina mckeon says:

    panel protector

  10. Kim says:

    Trays for something to slide into!

  11. shannon k. says:

    They are slides for the wheels on a drawer…..

  12. Cindy says:

    curtin rods

  13. joseph says:

    Wind chimes?

  14. Kaye says:

    curtain rod

  15. salperin says:

    I'd say curtain rod, but the back end of one looks like it's squared off, so I give up!

  16. Teddy says:

    curtain rods

  17. Eddy says:

    curtain rod guards

  18. Carol says:

    Yes, I think they slip on the edges of something as a guard

  19. Rick says:

    Chopsticks for soup!

  20. sue says:

    brackets for drawer glides?

  21. louis lipscomb says:

    drawer guides

  22. Moodyvega says:

    A Finger medical splint..

  23. Joe H. says:

    I have no clue what these things are used for?? Never seen them before so they must be thing-a-ma-gigs?

  24. Bryan S says:

    Used to fill containers with small items like seeds or pills.

  25. E.D. says:

    Looks like some kind of sleeve to slide across something else to lock it in place


About Jackie McGilvray 


When I'm not pulling together great projects and inspiring ideas as editor of, I'm watching my two adorable boys play whatever sport is in season. Or I might be ...

More About Jackie McGilvray