Tuesday Toolsday: Win a Folding Jamb Saw

Last Toolsday (a.k.a. Tuesday) we asked you to identify a spiked piece of metal with a loop on one end and a cyclinder in the middle. Some people thought it was an ice pick or some type of awl, but most folks correctly guessed that it is a miner’s candlestick.  The big loop is the handle; the cyclinder holds the candle and the sharp end would be hammered into the wall of mine.  

We randomly picked one winner out of all last week’s comments and that lucky person is Melba who thought it was a carpenter’s tool. Congratulations Melba, you’ve got one week to reply to our email before we pick another winner.    

Next Tuesday, we will be giving away a Swanson’s Savage Folding Jamb/Utility Saw.  This handy-dandy saw can be used for a ton of DIY jobs; cutting drywall, door jambs and trim, woodworking projects, furniture repair, crafts and more. The saw cuts in a straight or angled position, making it easy to get in tight spots and cutting small objects with accuracy. The Savage Saw comes with three blades, but will work with any reciprocating saw blade.

To win the Swanson’s Savage Folding Saw, take a look at the wood shaper pictured below, it is made to shape a particular type of board, click “comment” above, and tell us what kind of board. You don’t have to answer correctly to win; we will randomly pick one winner.

Did you know you could paint upholstered chairs, curtains, floors and even carpeting?   Also, find new ways to revive old furniture with paint, or how to paint a staircase, ceilings and more

On Tuesday, August 7, we will select the winner then start up a new giveaway for another tool, which will be given away the Tuesday after that.

You have until August 7, 2012, 2:00pm (ET) to enter to win the Swanson’s Savage Folding Saw.  
Official Rules.

993 Responses

  1. RANDY PITT says:

    Rasper planer

  2. haslem says:

    it's for wall board

  3. Patrick says:

    Could it be for shaping laminate boards?

  4. Alex McDonald says:

    Used for shaping surfboards.

  5. gerry says:

    board sander

  6. Doug says:

    I was also thinking Drywall

  7. Kelly says:

    Wood working file

  8. Charles says:


  9. Dale says:

    Custom board planer

  10. thepittsmn says:

    Used to shape surf boards

  11. Conrad says:

    a wood shaver.

  12. Arron M says:

    Wood Planer??

  13. Deborah says:

    maybe a sander

  14. Linds says:


  15. ed sindelar says:

    a wood planer

  16. karen says:

    dry wall

  17. Jason Steinmetz says:

    drywall planner

  18. 1joyce says:

    surf boards

  19. Kathryn C says:

    um, specifically used for rounded door ways?

  20. Jerry B says:


  21. Mary Brawner says:


  22. martha says:

    wood working tool

  23. gerry says:

    it is a rasp for removing bond doe.

  24. Kristen H. says:

    I think the wood shaper pictured is made to shape a surfboard or drywall.

  25. Ida Beek says:

    This tool reminds me of the planer Mark Harmon from NCIS used on his boat boards.


About Jackie McGilvray 


When I'm not pulling together great projects and inspiring ideas as editor of DIYNetwork.com, I'm watching my two adorable boys play whatever sport is in season. Or I might be ...

More About Jackie McGilvray