Jul 30

Clever Storage Ideas and Tips from Blog Cabin 2014

Before you start planning your weekend to-do list, take a minute to get inspiration from Blog Cabin 2014. The design team did an outstanding job incorporating interesting and practical pieces throughout the house and capitalized on closet space with clever storage solutions.

This lakeside home is outfitted with tons of style and storage, perfect for weekend visitors or live-in family members. Check out our favorite organization ideas.

Browse Pictures of Blog Cabin 2014 Storage + Organization >>

Are you inspired to incorporate some of these ideas into your home? I know I am!

• Posted at 10:56 am on July 7, 2014

1. I think there are more storage ideas than we've all discovered, always looking to find new things, and I do.:)Thanks Virginia!

nanwes on July 30, 2014 at 11:06 am
  2. So many great STORAGE/ORGANIZATION ideas that I can't just pick one. My fav's are:

1) MASTER SUITE Rolling Bookcase
    2) HALLWAY Message Center made of the old ICE BOX
    3) FAMILY ROOM Media Center hidden under the stairs.
    4) KITCHEN Island
    5) MASTER SUITE Window Seats

MAOW on July 30, 2014 at 11:06 am
  3. I still love the kitchen island and pantry the best!!!! They are so handy. I have a much smaller island with wheels in my kitchen, it does h help though. I've also put the pull storage shelves in 3 of my cabinets, always helpful. Having moved from a 2000 sq. ft. home to appx. 1400 we have learned how to make storage where no one would expect it. :) I have a neighbor who bought a home just smaller than ours and she'll come over and spend time trying to determine how she can do the same in her home.

nanwes on July 30, 2014 at 11:15 am
    • I, also love the island on wheels and the pantry with French doors! Very useful with many alternatives….and really good looking! Way to go Dylan, Laurie, Grundy, and everyone involved in the design and build! What a great team! You all have an open invitation to my house! Hope to see you soon! HA!^_^

amberPA on July 31, 2014 at 10:23 am
  4. I also love the kitchen island, However I am unable to decide which storage area I like best. Every room has wonderful and unexpected storage areas. Love, love this home.<3

Kathleen on July 30, 2014 at 11:38 am
  5. So nice to have all the storage pictures in one place. Some I don't think about but really help out. I just love the pantry and the french doors. Other doors would have been too heavy a look. Man I want to win this house. Love, Love everything about it.

Joycein NJ on July 30, 2014 at 11:47 am
  6. I just think the storage is wonderful. I love the island in kitchen, the storage under windows in master bedroom. Just lots and lots of Great storage . The Cabin ,the Property everything is so Great. I sure would really love to live there. Thanks so much for making a BEAUTYFUL place like this . God Bless everyone

Joyce I. Graham on July 30, 2014 at 12:01 pm
  7. Virginia,

I just re-read the rules and am confused. My husband and I have seperate email addresses we use. However, I don't know if AOL looks at us as seperate people. Can we both enter under our own email address? It's a bit confusing. Thanks!

nanwes on July 30, 2014 at 12:33 pm
    • Virginia, you should both be able to enter. You could win or your husband could win.

SweetLiz on July 30, 2014 at 12:36 pm
    • Scripps encourages all eligible family members to enter. The rules clarify that the prize goes to the owner of the email, because they realize it might be just one person who daily enters each person one at a time on his/her own email. You are doing it correctly. :)

Lindingo on July 30, 2014 at 6:04 pm
  8. Love all the storage areas…there is never enough storage! I really like that the kids have a reading nook in the walk in closet. I don't have kids, but I have lots of nieces and nephews with little ones. I can see this little room becoming a club house or fort! I also love the firewood storage and the sink in the boat house.

SweetLiz on July 30, 2014 at 12:38 pm
  9. I think the rolling bookcase/door is my favorite.

Eugenia27 on July 30, 2014 at 1:10 pm