Jul 11

An Exclusive Sneak Peek of Blog Cabin 2014

We’re only a few days away from the Blog Cabin 2014 room tour launch on July 15th! In the meantime, check out our sneak peek video of the captivating design details found throughout.

Let us know what you think in the comments below!

• Posted at 3:45 pm on July 7, 2014

1. WOW! Looks beautiful. I love the herbs growing in the counter and it looks like another home run with the dining table. Do the birds come as standard equipment?

MJCBS49 on July 11, 2014 at 3:58 pm
    • The birds!!! Love them! I hope they do wander around on the property. :) The herbs growing in the counter instead of in pots that can tip over, that is just inspired! and so beautiful.

Lindingo on July 11, 2014 at 4:45 pm
    • The birds pretty much do come with the place! Sandhill cranes (the big birds) are pretty common here in Winter Haven. They're beautiful… and very loud! It's likely that whoever ends up living here will have them wandering around the property. :D

Robin + Rose Design on July 11, 2014 at 11:16 pm
    • Thank you! I grew up with roosters, so I'm sure I would enjoy the sandhill cranes.

So you are local! I'm sure we will have many questions for you. I'm guessing the Blog Cabin must be especially exciting for you. :)

Lindingo on July 12, 2014 at 12:22 am
    • Yes, the sand hill cranes are community property, to be enjoyed by all. This must be a smaller version of the sand hill cranes in our area. Our sand hill cranes are much taller. They have to be the nosiest bird of all. Their horn sounding shriek is enough to wake even the soundest sleeper.

Builder on July 12, 2014 at 10:12 am
    • Wasn't sure about the herbs IN the counter….how hard to keep dirt from escaping?…..but I agree, better than pots!

jazzygirl9 on July 13, 2014 at 9:54 am
    • Someone who isn't a cook could put in African Violets or something like that. My cats would like to have one filled with catnip and cat greens. Plus they would love the view from the counter. I could use the big island for all cooking needs, so that would work. :)

Lindingo on July 13, 2014 at 12:42 pm
    • Maybe they will show how it was made when we get to see the different Blog Cabin TV shows. I was wondering how they made it and if it is lined with something so that the water doesn't saturate and eventually leak.

Eugenia27 on July 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm
  2. THANK YOU!!!!!! :)

Love the fruit labels on the drawers, the lighting, the amazing dock, WITH A VIEWING DECK! The pale blue chairs, the wood of the table. Just loving it!!! Can hardly wait for the full reveal. So truly appreciate the kindness of the sneak peak!

Lindingo on July 11, 2014 at 4:35 pm
    • The Winter Haven Blog Cabin is going to be someone's slice of paradise before too long!

DBCoop on July 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm
    • Yes, really, it is going to be pure heaven for someone. And we ALL get to enjoy it first! I love this part. So happy to see how lovely it is.

Lindingo on July 11, 2014 at 5:05 pm
  3. Anchors aweigh! I think I'm in love — with the jetted spa tub, the reconstituted glass bottles lighting fixture, those ski-arm chairs, awesome boat dock and a profusion of brightly colored tropical flowers.

Is it July 15 yet? Is it? Is it? Is it?

DBCoop on July 11, 2014 at 4:40 pm
    • Yes, love the anchor with light bulbs! Just love the way the ski graphics were so perfectly used on the chair. Treasures, both.

Lindingo on July 11, 2014 at 4:47 pm
    • ;)

Vesna on July 12, 2014 at 10:32 am
    • Whoa Coop…….easy does it……you might want to pace yourself! LOL

jazzygirl9 on July 13, 2014 at 10:03 am
  4. Thanks for the preview of Blog Cabin 2014. Beautiful tub and Copper pans… Lots of nice touches there. I'll be looking forward to the reveal.

dreamn_again on July 11, 2014 at 4:59 pm
  5. Sweet! :D

Sally on July 11, 2014 at 5:42 pm
  6. Thanks for the sneak peak. There are so many fantastic items! I am loving that movable (I would have to guess is the kitchen island) with the fruit box bins that also has the glass knobs on the drawers. How cool it that? And who ever came up with the idea of having the herb garden cut into the counter … that person is a genius (or a chef … or both).

Eugenia27 on July 11, 2014 at 5:48 pm
    • Eugenia, I don't see a sneak peak. Can you let me know if this post shows up on the blog? Everything is gray too.

minitoni on July 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
    • bummer! I tried to copy it but I can't. If nothing else, here is a link to the other videos. http://www.hgtvremodels.com/diy-network-blog-cabi

Eugenia27 on July 14, 2014 at 6:02 pm
    • Thanks Eugenia!Sent from my iPad

minitoni on July 15, 2014 at 2:32 pm
    • PS, I can't tell you how happy I am to see you over here.

Eugenia27 on July 14, 2014 at 6:02 pm
    • Thanks Eugenia :-) Sent from my iPad

minitoni on July 15, 2014 at 2:32 pm
  7. I forgot to mention the dining table and the water ski chairs. I'm looking forward to the virtual tour and also all the different blog cabin shows where we can see these creations being made.

Eugenia27 on July 11, 2014 at 5:50 pm
  8. Thanks Virginia, We have all been hanging out at the HGTV Smart Home blog, the wait is driving us crazy, this does help though. I can not wait to see the entire home, room by room, foot by foot, well you get the idea. We have two pairs of sandhill cranes in our neighborhood, about 45 min. N. of the Blog Cabin, each had two chicks. The family that goes through our yard daily still have both chicks with them, the other family lost one of their chicks. It normal for the cranes to have two chicks and lucky if one much less two survive. The chicks are about the same size (from the pic.) of the ones in the back yard of our new home on Lake Hamilton (okay, just hoping very much). The chicks are the ones without the red or orangish color on their faces. :D I love this home, one of my most favorites yet. It's hard to make that comment as every home y'all build is my favorite. I am a HUGE fan of old Florida homes so this one having been re-modeled and meeting Florida's hurricane standards makes this one even more wonderful!!! Thanks again Virginia!!!!

nanwes on July 11, 2014 at 5:59 pm
    • Nanwes, would you prefer this home?

Lessie on July 11, 2014 at 6:21 pm
    • After reading this I went back to see which bird was the baby. I just thought (at first) it was 2 males and one female. Nice that a female bird gets to get a little bit of color.

Eugenia27 on July 11, 2014 at 7:15 pm
  9. Like what I see so far!

Lessie on July 11, 2014 at 6:07 pm
  10. Wow! The waterfront fun of this location totally comes out in this sneak peak. Can't wait to see the full reveal!

heartofitall1 on July 11, 2014 at 6:10 pm