May 27

Introducing Guest Blogger Laurie March

Laurie March

You’ve seen her exclusive digital video tours, now get the inside scoop on Blog Cabin 2014 with House Counselor and DIYNetwork host Laurie March. Starting tomorrow through September, Laurie will be guest blogging. She’ll be covering all things Blog Cabin 2014, from upcycled features to clever design details. Ask questions, take in all of her knowledge and give her a warm welcome as she becomes our fearless design expert for the next few months.

• Posted at 12:40 pm on May 5, 2014

1. Welcome back, Laurie!

TwoCorgis on May 29, 2014 at 2:10 pm
  2. Hello Laurie,
    I am so glad you are back to this beautiful B/C 2014. Looking forward to seeing your designs. Thank you for the digital video tours you have provided us so far. Maria NJ.

Maria on May 29, 2014 at 2:42 pm
  3. I am so glad you are back again this year Laurie! Please tell us when we can see the front of the house! <3

jchristie24 on May 29, 2014 at 2:53 pm
  4. This is our first time on blogging — we are so excited to see the finished product!! Love HGTV!!!

CarterRescue on May 29, 2014 at 3:23 pm
  5. Hi Laurie, Welcome back to Florida. Can't wait to hear what's new!:D

Sheri McNamara on May 29, 2014 at 4:05 pm
  6. Laurie!!! We are so excited to see you here! Can't wait for your updates!

Kate M. on May 29, 2014 at 4:41 pm
  7. Laurie,
    Thanks for the video. It has brought back many memories from this build. Nice to see views from the inside out.

Jay Michajluk on May 29, 2014 at 7:16 pm
  8. Hi Laurie, nice to see your smiling face on here and I hope your trip to the BC went well.

I have a small question. We voted on how to repurpose the old furnace. Birdbath won but I've not seen it nor has anyone mentioned it in the G+ Hangouts. If it's not a huge secret can you tell us whether it has been incorporated into the yardscape and where? We had the old hand pump last year that we were told would feature in the yard but never reappeared anywhere so I'm hoping the same fate hasn't befallen the old furnace. Many thanks in advance and keep smiling. :D :)

AnniesOwn on May 30, 2014 at 9:41 am
  9. Hi Laurie, One other item I haven't seen or heard of since the house move is that wagon wheel that was chained on the front porch near the black cats that disappeared prior to the move. I had one years ago that was made into a coffee table. I have also seen them used as outside ornaments. I can't wait to see what ideas you are bringing to our home on this long visit. It is wonderful to have you with us on this final leg of this journey.:D<3

Sheri McNamara on May 30, 2014 at 12:32 pm
  10. Hi Laurie, so glad you're back to put the finishing touches on "Our beautiful little Bungalow." I was glued to those videos, so captivated and I now can visualize where most everything will go..The videos were so fast,. needless to say I had to watch them over and over to get my feel of our little bungalow ^_^B)
    I hope the corner cabinet will be used and also the dining room table/chairs, nice style and that great Iron bed. We had one just like that when I was growing up…sigh… Great memories ..
    I'm looking forward to seeing our cute "little antique water pump" this time from " the Outer Banks". It brings a smile to my face every time I think of that beautiful place..maybe the pump could go out on the dock for washing feet before heading for the BC or by the veggie gardens or in a flower garden if the pump doesn't work. It will still be a great conversation piece for the New owners even if they don't know about it, maybe you can tell them about the great Family history behind it ^_^
    I have to tell you, I was so jealous of you getting to spend the nights at my Cottage when the storms moved up the east coast (smile), but I was very concerned for your safety and So thankful for that Generator and all was well. ^_^<3B)
    I haven't seen anyone mention a mail box..I loved the Cottage's MB in NC and hope a plain metal one isn't used this time in case DIY is advertising them The Bungalow needs a special one. We Bloggers got to vote on that one last time and it was so nautical and nice for the Cottage.LOL. Nothing "fancy" or outlandish, just something with style to compliment Our Little Bungalow on the Lake, also something the Neighbors would approve of ^_^:p:)B)<3:) Have a good evening.^_^B)

Jennie/Florida on May 31, 2014 at 9:54 pm
    • How about a smaller version of an old fashioned orange crate with some great label artwork?

Ralebird on June 1, 2014 at 12:39 am