May 19

What’s Yardcore Doing at Blog Cabin 2014?

joel and jake moss

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a great weekend. We’re coming up on our last hangout with DIYNetwork talent shooting at Blog Cabin 2014. Yardcore hosts Joel and Jake Moss will be hosting a live Q&A alongside Chris Grundy tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET.

This is the last time we’ll to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with the construction at Blog Cabin 2014, so don’t miss it. If you have a question about the outdoor spaces, post it in the comments below and it may get answered during the chat.

WATCH THE G+ HANGOUT

1. I am so excited about everything that has been done. Everyone has done such an amazing job. Kind of sad too because before long this is all going to be over. I have enjoyed being a part of this so much. I know that someone is going to be very blessed with this beautiful gem. Thank you again to all the designers and workers for making such a beautiful home for some lucky winner. You are all awesome. I know you can't please everyone and some people aren't happy with some of the decisions, but I think you guys did the very best you could considering you were dealing with millions of people and their opinions. Stay safe while you wrap things up. Can't wait to start seeing the shows. I am so stoked. God Bless!

CheleRS3 on May 20, 2014 at 10:10 pm
  2. Greetings Joel and Jake Moss! So meany questions… But I will narrow it down to the most important ones!
    Well we all know that you always do a great job with any thing you do. But with the size of the yard I must ask, will there be Power outlets in the extended yard and by the Dock?
    During Christmas and other holidays and for party's, if you have a big yard you always have to drag out extension cords for string lights, yard or tree lights, ect.
    If there were outlets all ready out there it would be a great convenience for meany things from lights to a water fountain and would even bring up property value! B)
    And a fresh water spicket for warering plants and washing of by the dock would be quite helpfule too!!!

Frank Sandlin on May 20, 2014 at 11:30 pm
  3. Getting more and more excited every day! LOVE the Living Wall!!!!! :)

CreativeGraf on May 21, 2014 at 7:22 am
  4. Staging going on on the dock. Looks good with all the plank but we know they won.t stay. No one to take care of them between now and the winner being announced. Where is the railing for the dock. I'm sure there is a requirement for a railing.

JoyceinNJ on May 21, 2014 at 9:27 am
  5. A picture of the DOCK BAR (In Plantation Style) before it was placed on the DOCK.

MAOW on May 21, 2014 at 9:40 am
    • Awesome!

jensmithwiz on May 21, 2014 at 12:05 pm
  6. What are all those guys doing down at the dock. I see a
    camera and reflectors. Maybe a new G+ Hangout

Lfinicle on May 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
    • FISHING. Oh, you didn't ask what I would be doing down at the DOCK did you. My bad. It appears they are taking photo's or video of the finished dock for use during the BLOG CABIN YARD CORE episode.

According to DIY, yesterday was unfortunately the final G+ Hangout at the 2014 BC. They will be missed. B)

MAOW on May 21, 2014 at 10:09 am
  7. Good to hear on the Hangout that they're using LED lights on the dock and in the 'living wall' pergola area. That will help keep the bugs down at night. LED's don't attract bugs like fluorescent and incandescent lights do. :)

Sally on May 21, 2014 at 11:08 am
  8. Between working in my garden, fishing and just day dreaming on the dock, grilling while enjoying an iced tea at my outdoors bar and just chilling in the pergola, I would never leave this compound. Also love the morning sunshine in the kitchen and on the patio.

filanddell on May 21, 2014 at 11:43 am
  9. I think the dock looks awesome. I don't think it matters what age you are. I am sure that you can get someone to go with you to help you if you want to go upstairs to the top or even walk down and just sit at the dock. I am still wondering about the fence. I noticed that there is a fence on both sides of the BC that belong to the neighbors. Is there a law that says a fence has to be put up for safety reasons for small kids incase they wonder off? I have never lived by water and just know the rules about pools. Was wondering if the rules or laws were the same for lake front property?

CheleRS3 on May 21, 2014 at 12:09 pm
  10. Hello all my fellow bloggers! I hope you are having a wonderful day. It has been nice to share the cabin cam with my son. He thinks it is an awesome place. He still thinks we will never leave the north. He is wrong. After this last winter, I am soooooooooo ready to be out of here.
    Anyway, the hangout was awesome yesterday. Grundy is a riot. My daughter and I enjoy him. I was so excited that another of my questions was asked. My questions were ask all but one time. I was hoping for a walk way, but we can put one in when we win.
    So I have a question, when do they shut down the camera and the blog? I watched the camera a bit last year, but didn't blog because I was nervous about those things. My daughter got me doing it this year. So your answers will be appreciated.
    Have to run, art class tonight, and lots of stuff to get done. Have a wonderful day and stay very safe.

jensmithwiz on May 21, 2014 at 12:11 pm
    • The blog never shuts down. You can blog all summer and fall if you wish. :)

The camera usually shuts down a few weeks befer the reveal. Previous years we've been given a heads-up when this was going to happen. :)

AnniesOwn on May 21, 2014 at 12:23 pm