May 19

What’s Yardcore Doing at Blog Cabin 2014?

joel and jake moss

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a great weekend. We’re coming up on our last hangout with DIYNetwork talent shooting at Blog Cabin 2014. Yardcore hosts Joel and Jake Moss will be hosting a live Q&A alongside Chris Grundy tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET.

This is the last time we’ll to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with the construction at Blog Cabin 2014, so don’t miss it. If you have a question about the outdoor spaces, post it in the comments below and it may get answered during the chat.

WATCH THE G+ HANGOUT

1. Sounds great! Thanks for the update.

travelfun on May 19, 2014 at 3:47 pm
  2. My question is exactly what Victoria posted "What is Yard core doing at the Blog Cabin"?

I'm hoping it's something at the front of the house, the drive or the entrance from the road. Looking forward to the Hangout.

Sally on May 19, 2014 at 5:44 pm
  3. I see plants near the dock. I hope they won't grow too tall. Don't want to block the wonderful views. Also work being done on the upper deck. Is the railing going to be such as was in the original widows walk.
    Can we please see the front of the house???????

JoyceinNJ on May 19, 2014 at 5:50 pm
  4. Hi Jake and Joel. I was wondering if there may be a walk way from the patio down to the dock? It would be nice to have stepping stones or something of that nature. Thanks!

jensmithwiz on May 19, 2014 at 6:16 pm
  5. I really don't have question. I want to say , I know what ever your part is it will make the Cabin look even better. Thanks to all you hard workers it looks Wonderful. IT will be a big surprise if I win

Joyce I. Graham on May 19, 2014 at 6:24 pm
  6. Just wondering…..who is out sitting on the back patio this eve.? They were just enjoying the view! He-hee! Have a great evening all.;)

amberPa on May 19, 2014 at 6:24 pm
    • It looks like 2 girls. They must be working on the inside of the house and just taking a break. I see one of them going inside now. I hope you 2 girls have the place looking spectacular!

Thank you all that have made this possible for us all to dream about.
      B)

amberPa on May 19, 2014 at 6:31 pm
  7. I know the back of the Blog Cabin will have that glorious lakeview but I'm wondering if Yardcore hosts Joel and Jake Moss have some eye-catching plans to frame that long drive from the road to the house?

DBCoop on May 19, 2014 at 6:31 pm
  8. I love the pergola! Is it made with reclaimed wood from the old house? Also, can we see what you guys did with the frontyard?

Janice on May 19, 2014 at 7:15 pm
    • I could never understand having a pergola. Have some plants growing up them or hanging, a framed place to sit. Do you throw a tarp over it or something as needed to block out rain, sun as needed?

cucumberhoh on May 20, 2014 at 9:27 am
  9. What regulatory requirements had to be taken into consideration when designing the DOCK and how did these requirements impact the DOCK design?

MAOW on May 19, 2014 at 8:30 pm
  10. I know that the usual MO of YardCore is to go through the home and get clues from the homeowner about their style. How did you get your creative ideas for the Blog Cabin and have you been able to reuse any of the materials from the original house?

stlmom1 on May 19, 2014 at 11:11 pm
    • Maybe DIY had Jake and Joel had to go through the BLOG to get clues about style for the Blog Cabin since the final homeowner has yet to be selected.

MAOW on May 20, 2014 at 10:16 am