Apr 15

Don’t Miss Behind-the-Build at Blog Cabin 2014

blog cabin 2014

Happy Tuesday!

I wanted to drop a post about some exciting Behind-the-Build eye-candy that went live recently on HGTVRemodels.com. Over on our sister site you’ll find an exclusive video preview and over 150 images of construction. I’ve listed a few of my favorites below, but I want to hear from you. What do you want to see more or less of during the construction of Blog Cabin 2014?

MUST-SEE FEATURES

• Posted at 11:27 am on April 4, 2014

1. Virginia,

Additional recent photo's of the Front (Road Side) and Interior of the home would be greatly appreciated. Also, an brief written update of what construction occurred each week would be nice.

MAOW on April 15, 2014 at 11:35 am
    • I agree!

Jennifer Smith on April 15, 2014 at 2:40 pm
    • Did you see the pictures that was posted in the diary of this home yet? It shows some pictures of the front (or roadside) & ones of the inside of the home… if not go take a look…if you have then I would join you and would like to see more of the front too with all the siding on and chimney all finished. http://www.hgtvremodels.com/blog-cabin/blog-cabin

home_girl on April 16, 2014 at 12:12 am
    • Home Girl,

I have already seen the "Diary Pictures" which were posted.

That 2nd photo (Which appears to be taken via CRANE or PLANE) was awesome. If you look closely you can see the CAMERA CAM working away.

I am, and it sounds like you are as well, hoping for more RECENT front pictures to see the final SIDING and CHIMNEY (And maybe the DRIVEWAY or a GARAGE).

MAOW on April 16, 2014 at 8:09 am
  2. Oh, More, Please! Ditto what MAOW said :D

stlmom1 on April 15, 2014 at 12:11 pm
  3. I agree with MAOW!

mrslakehamilton on April 15, 2014 at 12:26 pm
  4. Pictures of our driveway , into our new yard .
    How far away is the shed from the door ? Would we need to build a garage if we win ?
    Front door pictures , Please !!!
    One more question, Who really picks all the weeds in the garden ? I Love gardening I'll do it !
    I Love this home !

Hey Lady on April 15, 2014 at 1:26 pm
  5. How about a walk thru of the property from the road heading to BC meandering down the driveway: even if it has construction vehicles and debris! Then the front of house and west side. At this point we must enter the house to see more construction and the process.

KMH on April 15, 2014 at 1:29 pm
  6. Wicked awesome for us construction DIY'er geeks! Thanks!! :-)

LRN on April 15, 2014 at 1:31 pm
  7. FYI.

Laurie March (aka The House Counselor) just posted a new article on the HGTV Remodels Web Site regarding Magnolia's. A quick except.

"Did you know that there are over 80 different species of magnolia trees? That beetles rather than bees pollinate their flowers? That fossilized magnolias have been found dating back 20 million years? Did you know that since a few of our readers suggested researching them, I’ve become kind of obsessed with these trees?" LOL.

Bonus points (and a SMILEY FACE :) ) for Lori for researching BLOGGERS SUGGESTIONS!!

The full article (with many PRETTY Photo's) is on the HGTV Remodels Web Site.

MAOW on April 15, 2014 at 2:06 pm
    • It's a great article!

Jennifer Smith on April 15, 2014 at 2:40 pm
  8. I would love to see more pictures of the front of the house and pictures of the inside and how it is going would be great. Also, it would be great to hear from some of the workers and see how they feel about working on such a special project. I know there are so many that are working on it, but it would be great if we could see them and get to know them as they work so hard on this house that is for one of us. I personally want to thank each and everyone of them. I would love it if they were each interviewed and just said how they felt. House is beautiful and I am still dreaming. I have had a lot of change in my life this past year and I have to say that doing this blog and watching and voting has really helped me. I feel like I have new friends that even though I have never met, they became friends or better yet my Blogger family. Have a good week and be safe. God Bless.

CheleRS3 on April 15, 2014 at 2:34 pm
  9. I would love to see more front shots and what the driveway is like. I also would like to know when the dock will be starting. Thanks!

Jennifer Smith on April 15, 2014 at 2:40 pm
  10. Nothing like a good "Down Pour" to see if the roof was installed correctly.

I remember seeing a worker cleaning the BC windows this morning and thinking, "This guy is begging for it to RAIN". B)

MAOW on April 15, 2014 at 3:07 pm
    • Looking at all the rain today I'm thinking, If the house has a good well it may be a non issue, but it may be a good project to collect rain water for watering the lawn and other plants. The storage tank could be above or below ground and a small pump to supply all your watering needs.

Gene on April 15, 2014 at 4:00 pm
    • Even with a good well a water collection system is a wonderful "green" way to collect water to water the lawn etc. Great idea!

LRN on April 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
    • You can pump water right out of the lake for your lawn. If you use well water, you might have rust spots on your house…………..

mrslakehamilton on April 15, 2014 at 8:42 pm
    • taking water out of the lake to water is a good idea if it is actually allowed.

Gene on April 15, 2014 at 10:55 pm
    • Lake Hamilton itself would be my idea of a great above ground water storage container. Add a small pump some pipes and sprinklers and there should be no issues with watering the yard – ever!. :) ^_^

AnniesOwn on April 15, 2014 at 10:23 pm
    • Was wondering about that myself, Gene. You should post that question for this afternoon's Q&A. It's a good one.

stlmom1 on April 16, 2014 at 11:23 am
    • Locals who live on the lake already said you can take water from the lake. ;)

AnniesOwn on April 16, 2014 at 1:06 pm