Apr 15

Chris Grundy + Jason Cameron Host a G+ Hangout Tomorrow

chris grundy and jason cameron

Join us tomorrow, April 16, 2014 at 3 p.m. ET while we chat live at Blog Cabin 2014 with Chris Grundy and Jason Cameron. We’ll get the scoop on the construction process of the home and catch up with these two since our last G+ hangout. If you have a question you’d like us to ask Jason or Chris, post it in the comments below and it might get answered!

If you’ve never watched a G+ hangout, here’s the 411.

What is a G+ hangout?

It’s a live video chat hosted publicly by DIY Network on the DIY Network G+ account. Here’s a more thorough explanation from Google.

How can I watch?

You can watch on the event page here. If you have a G+ account, you can RSVP and let your friends know you’re going.

Do I need a G+ account?

You do not have to have an account to watch the hangout.

What if I miss the hangout?

You can watch the hangout later on our YouTube channel or come back to the blog tomorrow and we’ll post a link!

CHECK OUT DIY NETWORK’S G+ PAGE

• Posted at 3:49 pm on April 4, 2014

1. Just came back from the G+ page. Posted some not so hard question about some items we all have been blogging about. Remember everyone that starts tomorrow at 3pm Eastern Time.

Jay Michajluk on April 15, 2014 at 4:57 pm
    • Hi Jay, that was me with the other questions! I hope some or all of our questions are answered! :)

jchristie24 on April 15, 2014 at 6:34 pm
    • Apparently from what Grundy said it has all been checked and treated so it won't get termites. I'm glad you asked that because that was one tidbit of information that I missed somewhere in the move and build. Thanks for getting that question in.

SHA on April 17, 2014 at 12:29 pm
  2. Thanks for taking the time to share this experience with us.

Were any changes made to the floor plans since they were last posted on-line?

Specifically, does the Powder Room still open into the Living Room? Was an exterior door added near the Kitchen to make it easier to stock? Any chance of a Deck being added to the second level (Loved the 2nd Floor Deck on BC 2013)? Have you seen that the neighbors have a POOL (Hint, nudge, and crosses fingers)?

MAOW on April 15, 2014 at 4:57 pm
    • We asked for a boat and got it, so maybe by asking for a POOL we will get one LOL..

vicki_in_Utah on April 15, 2014 at 8:54 pm
    • Dito to everything MAOW said and add a "Screened Florida Room" that would be sweet everyone has one and so should BC2014.
      1). Regarding construction I do have a question. It appears the original sub-floors and some of the heart pine were still a part of the BC2014; but most of all the original 2x studs were removed. I remember something about extensive termite/insect damage. What was done to ensure there were none remaining in the remaining woods in the structure?
      2). We had puchased a newly constructed (CBS on slab) home built in 2008 in East Polk County. The studding was "blue" about 3-4' high. The inspector at the time told us all wood was treated in this manner to protect the home against termite/insects, mold, etc. What is the process now for a timber built structures to protect against the same thing?
      Thanks and love everything y'all are doing for us at the BC2014…can't wait for more information and pictures!!

LRN on April 16, 2014 at 7:52 am
    • LRN,

I hope they address your questions regarding termite/insect damage. This would be good information to know. Good questions.

MAOW on April 16, 2014 at 8:13 am
    • Thanks I hope they do too. I love the BC just like you do and I'd love to know how it is protected.

LRN on April 16, 2014 at 9:45 am
    • LRN, Thought is was so important that I went and reposted #1 directly to the G+ Page.

Jay Michajluk on April 16, 2014 at 9:53 am
    • Thanks!

LRN on April 16, 2014 at 11:07 am
    • Glad I reposted it, because your question was the first question addressed in depth by Chris G.
      Question directly from LRN.

Jay Michajluk on April 16, 2014 at 3:17 pm
    • Thanks I'll have to check it on You Tube….I tried at 3:02 pm but I think its because I have Explorer Version 9 on my computer (have older programs that can't upgrade).

LRN on April 16, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    • Based on the "Hang Out", the winner of the BC and their friends will have to make sure they are quiet and "Odor Friendly" while using the Powder Room because it still opens into the Living/Dining Room.

Also, no POOL. The lake is for Water Sports. Actually, not a bad option considering a BOAT is being included but a POOL would have helped avoid the GATORS.

The questions regarding an exterior door for the KITCHEN and a 2nd Floor Deck were not answered at this time.

MAOW on April 16, 2014 at 3:22 pm
  3. are there going to be any solar panels to help with the power bills

bill w on April 15, 2014 at 6:11 pm
    • questions about the approach from the street. blacktop,dirt,gravel, ect straight ,cicular , carport,parking pad

bill w on April 16, 2014 at 10:15 am
  4. Will we have a pool? It's hot and humid in Florida for 8 months. Please, please.:D

Boo on April 15, 2014 at 6:34 pm
  5. Is there an entrance to the sun porch from the "office" or extra room off the family room? Also, Grundy, how does it feel to be nominated for a webby and congratulations? Lastly, is there going to be a driveway put in that is not grassy? Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Jennifer Smith on April 15, 2014 at 6:38 pm
    • According to 'KDay', a local blogger, there is already a driveway installed. :)

AnniesOwn on April 15, 2014 at 6:46 pm
    • Yes, there is a door. Look at the animated view of the entire house, and you will be able to walk right through the home.

Builder on April 16, 2014 at 8:21 am
    • I know it is in the animated version, but not in the plans. So, I am wondering if it is actually there.

Jennifer Smith on April 16, 2014 at 12:56 pm
  6. A quick recap of what came with the property and what has already been added would be nice.

What electrical was in place? Was it upgraded?

The property was listed with two wells but it appeared that a well was drilled. What type of septic tank was added?

Was propane added?

Was a driveway added?

Exactly how big is that Metal Storage Shed?

MAOW on April 15, 2014 at 7:29 pm
    • Yes, Electrical was in place. However, lots of new lines were trenched in some time ago.

A new well was drilled off the back right of the home.

I am sure there will be a propane tank, because there is no Natural Gas in this vicinity.

Not sure about the driveway, because that is out of view. It will be a longer one, because the home is
      in the back of the long lot.

There is a photo of the Quonset building in some of the original photos. Not sure of the dimensions, but lots of room for storage, and even a garage. It looks almost as large as a conventional garage.

Builder on April 16, 2014 at 8:19 am
    • There was a propane tank being installed about 6 weeks back. The truck with the tank was clearly visible near the new well for a while. However I thin it was installed elsewhere as I never actually saw the tank on the ground.

AnniesOwn on April 16, 2014 at 9:15 am
  7. I see another boat "parked" in the water close by, slightly hidden. Did we see photographers on that boat? Can we see some more photos of the house and property from a different angle without encroaching on neighbors privacy?

KMH on April 15, 2014 at 8:15 pm
    • This morning there was an extra boat in the water tied to the Neighbors dock. Someone, who appeared to be in a robe, was already down by the Neighbors dock.

MAOW on April 16, 2014 at 8:20 am
    • That boat has a tower just like the new Mastercraft NSX don't be surprised if they don't take pictures of that boat today .

KenD on April 16, 2014 at 11:43 am
  8. Are our pink buddys going to stay with the BC? I hope so.

vicki_in_Utah on April 15, 2014 at 8:55 pm
    • Maybe two Flamingo's could stay at the BC and the remainder could be given to "Cabin Comfort Voters".

MAOW on April 15, 2014 at 9:10 pm
    • they'd make good target practice *L*

Gene on April 15, 2014 at 10:46 pm
  9. Have they said how much this house will be worth? Looks like it could be a million at least.

Nene'nBob on April 16, 2014 at 1:24 am
  10. I just saw Jason at the BC, with lots of camera people. This is going to be a fun day.

vicki_in_Utah on April 16, 2014 at 9:00 am