Mar 11

Blog Cabin Buzz: Cabin Cam Update + Google Hangout

Apologies for the inconvenience, but occasionally the cabin cam will go offline. The connectivity on site can be unpredictable at times and we are still trying our best to fix it. I’ll keep you posted on the progress!

In the meantime, check out a brief update from Laurie and Dylan on YouTube >>

dylan and laurie

• Posted at 10:38 am on March 3, 2014

1. Looking good, great combo,siding and red bricks.

filanddell on April 5, 2014 at 4:31 pm
  2. Good evening all! It has been a beautiful day. As I watched and then re-watched the cabin cam, I really do like the "siding" they have on the back know. Sorry not too sure what it's called.;) I certainly don't know for sure what's on the front but it does appear to be the original style and color that was planned. I think the addition in the back at the kitchen and sun room gives the already gorgeous home a wonderful cabin appearance. It isn't real formal looking but it shouldn't be, it is a cabin. I totally love it! Dylan and Others involved in the change, I THANK YOU! I already love this home and GOD willing it soon will be my home for my husband I to live out our retirement years. If not someone else very lucky will win it. It is so exciting. Not only am I figuring out computers, but I am learning about the building of houses!! And all this in Winter Haven, less than two hours away!! Love and blessings to all.<3<3xD

Sheri McNamara on April 5, 2014 at 6:11 pm
  3. What an amazing job that crew is doing! The cabin looks wonderful. I know many people do not agree with me, but I really like the way they handled the siding at the kitchen and sun room. I just wish we had a view of the front of the house so there would be a complete view. I do understand that some things are saved for the great finish!! Oh my it is tough waiting, but I love it. I have a question, I thought the idea of the yellow tape was to keep vehicles out. I know some need to go in the back, but once again there is the flamingo still down. Why doesn't someone just prop it up against the tree?Remember everyone tomorrow we should have a voting day once again. Cabin comforts, I do believe.<3;) Laurie, you gonna be here soon?????You need to check up on my future home! Ha yes I just had to say it again. Good day to you all.

Sheri McNamara on April 7, 2014 at 11:21 am
  4. Good morning everyone! I am glad to see we can now vote on the cozy cabin stuff. Once again I believe there are no wrong choices.There is one that I would like to put my two cents in. Of the two choices on the robes, egyptian cotton is always the way to go. Just ask Genevieve.(sp). Yeah I saw the word bamboo on there too and have no idea how that works with a robe. Anyone with thoughts on this please let me know. Next subject is wow that cabin looks wonderful. That crew is moving right along. Of course we have some major rain coming in, so I guess we will see. Have a good morning and please be safe on those wet roads.<3:D

Sheri McNamara on April 8, 2014 at 10:52 am
    • Sheri,

About 5 years ago I sold Bamboo Kitchen Towels to a major retailer in the US. At the time, it was expected that they would become mainstream and the material would expand to other textiles, such as Robes. However, most of the general public still does not understand the product and it leads to questions such as yours.

Below is some general information from the Web about Bamboo Towels which would also apply to other Bamboo textiles as well.

Bamboo towels are made from bamboo fiber. The bamboo plant is naturally antibacterial, so it is grown without pesticides. It can be spun into yarn without harsh chemical treatments. Softer and more absorbent than cotton, cashmere or silk, bamboo towels are completely biodegradable.

MAOW on April 9, 2014 at 10:01 am
    • Maow, thanks for the information! I have heard of bamboo towels, but had no idea that other products are also made of them. Sounds like a public relations company should be telling consumers of their value! (I will be looking for bamboo products from now on!)

mrslakehamilton on April 9, 2014 at 5:33 pm
    • Mrslakehamilton,

I am glad you found this information useful. You can find more information about Bamboo Textiles and the Manufacturing Process by searching for "Bamboo Textile Production Process" in Yahoo.

I thought the WIKIPEDIA article covered the pro's and con's of Bamboo Textiles in an easy to understand manner.

MAOW on April 9, 2014 at 9:45 pm
    • Thank you……….now I'm thinking sheets…………..:)

mrslakehamilton on April 9, 2014 at 9:53 pm
    • Thanks for the info MAOW. I figured that with it incorporated with the Egyptian cotton it would be good stuff.Thanks again, MAOW. Have a great day.:D

Sheri McNamara on April 10, 2014 at 10:14 am
  5. The only thing this Blog Cabin is missing is a Fishing Boat and Fishing gear! B)
    If your going to be Lakeside, you got to be able to get on the Lake!!!!!! xD

Frank Sandlin on April 9, 2014 at 2:42 pm
    • AND a dock and boathouse! ;)

mrslakehamilton on April 9, 2014 at 5:07 pm
    • They're coming. Together with the ski boat and $50K cash.:)

DannyF on April 10, 2014 at 3:05 pm
  6. Boat and cash is part of the prize

Joyce in NJ on April 9, 2014 at 6:43 pm
    • How much cash?

mrslakehamilton on April 9, 2014 at 9:33 pm
    • 50 grand.

MAOW on April 9, 2014 at 9:37 pm
    • Pontoon boat with a little motor Is perfect for us old people….jet skis for the youngun's!!!!!!!!!!

mrslakehamilton on April 9, 2014 at 9:49 pm
  7. Speaking of roof heat that upstairs master will need really good ac. I think the porch in really lame the old house had better front elevations with the brick stairs hope their is more to it then the cad-design.

jackieb on April 9, 2014 at 10:58 pm
  8. Thanks HGTV Remodels for all the news, pictures and info. My family year round compound is coming along beautifully!<3

Filanddell on April 10, 2014 at 1:22 pm
  9. Things look like they are at a standstill. I thought the roadside part of the house maybe is being landscaped. Which I would not be able to see the progress, The lake side doesn't seem to be getting much attention lately. Why are the blinds closed in the sun-room windows?

judith stahlman on April 26, 2014 at 12:22 pm
  10. Wow, that looks like some kind of wonderful patio they are building!

filanddell on April 30, 2014 at 11:22 am