Mar 11

Blog Cabin Buzz: Cabin Cam Update + Google Hangout

Apologies for the inconvenience, but occasionally the cabin cam will go offline. The connectivity on site can be unpredictable at times and we are still trying our best to fix it. I’ll keep you posted on the progress!

In the meantime, check out a brief update from Laurie and Dylan on YouTube >>

dylan and laurie

• Posted at 10:38 am on March 3, 2014

1. Belinda, there are all kinds of water sports going on….boating, skiing, fishing, seaplanes, you name it! But yes, there are gators….if they don't get out of your way, you call fish and wildlife and them come 'git' 'em!

mrslakehamilton on March 28, 2014 at 9:05 pm
    • Good to hear from you. Is there much noise in the neighborhood from all the reconstruction? How do the neighbors like the new addition

Straybird on March 29, 2014 at 11:21 am
  2. Not really sure that a metal bird bath will last (think rust), or be good for birds which also clean their beaks (think paint). Please assure me. Thanks.

Charley on March 29, 2014 at 7:05 am
  3. I don't think there is too much construction noise. All of these homes are on five acre lots and set way back from the street. There is one neighbor, however, who was upset about the project before it even arrived. If anyone was going to complain about noise, it would be him.

mrslakehamilton on March 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm
  4. It looks like a palate of bricks has been delivered. I'm assuming they are for the patio.

Aunt Sal on March 29, 2014 at 1:11 pm
  5. I thought the bricks were the first palate for the patio. It appears, this morning however, that it is for the facade of the foundation. The patio will probably be the same color of brick.

AuntSal13 on March 31, 2014 at 9:52 am
  6. it's going to be a wonderful day -I saw two great grays/blues (?) with junior and seven whites having breakfast down by the lake. Took my breath away our pink beauties are still by the campfire and under the oak. I am really impressed with the brick work on the foundation around the sun room – it will look so stunning with the green siding. Things will really take off now.

mfm on April 1, 2014 at 8:10 am
  7. hi mfm, I saw all those beautiful birds this morning, too, and they are so wonderful to watch. Looks like junior is losing his fluff and growing up fast. I see the pink flamingo is still by the fire but a truck is in the way of the other flamingo. Of course he still may be recovering from their party, laying on his side with hat laying next to him. LOL. It is a beautiful day here in Florida and I hope those of you up north are now thawing out, I imagine most people are over all that freezing cold. Great day to all, and I hope they switch to the next and final section of people's choices soon. I am ready for new choices.<3:D I cannot wait to win this wonderful house and make it my home.<3

Sheri McNamara on April 1, 2014 at 12:33 pm
  8. This cabin is becoming more beautiful by the minute. Siding looks wonderful, with that brick it is becoming absolutely stunning and I see the chimney peeking over the roof! I admit I was annoyed when they said options are over one place but, said it is today on another, but just looking at my beautiful home-to-be, I can't help but smile and enjoy..I am truly ready to win, win, win this gorgeous Blog Cabin!!!<3:D<3 This is my idea of our home to retire in and enjoy friends and family when they come and visit. Happy afternoon to all.<3:)

Sheri McNamara on April 1, 2014 at 1:56 pm
  9. Only an unscrupulous business would try to sneak an advertisement into a blog like this – just imagine how such a business would treat their customers. Ya'all should be ashamed.

Ralebird on April 1, 2014 at 5:38 pm
    • I had the same feeling when I read that, Ralebird. Sneaky………………!

mrslakehamilton on April 1, 2014 at 11:23 pm
    • We get it every year. There have been at least a dozen on this blog already. Usually, they just make their name a link to the company website and don't flag it so it's so easily recognized as an attempt for free advertising. Report it as SPAM and it's usually deleted. ;)

Clive on April 2, 2014 at 2:43 pm
  10. Wow the house looks just amazing! It doesn't even look like the same house at all, which is a really good thing. lol Much Love!! <3<3<3<3

Rebecca on April 3, 2014 at 8:33 am