Mar 11

Blog Cabin Buzz: Cabin Cam Update + Google Hangout

Apologies for the inconvenience, but occasionally the cabin cam will go offline. The connectivity on site can be unpredictable at times and we are still trying our best to fix it. I’ll keep you posted on the progress!

In the meantime, check out a brief update from Laurie and Dylan on YouTube >>

dylan and laurie

• Posted at 10:38 am on March 3, 2014

1. Can't wait for the siding and would love to see the front of the house. Oh well it will be a great surprise. Great Job Blog Cabin.

casprowl on March 21, 2014 at 8:44 am
  2. I'm still so amazed of all the windows, it is just Beautiful, still waiting on the siding. Really getting anxious to see it all done. LOVE IT. Somebody is going to be a very HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY person. I so hope it could be me, but whoever it is will be a very satisfied customer the BLOG CABIN IS PERFECT. I'm in LOVE.

casprowl on March 21, 2014 at 8:44 am
  3. Flamingoes are still in same place ie one in raised garden and one down by the lake burn pile talking to a man with a camera (red shirt)

Straybird on March 21, 2014 at 10:58 am
    • Update at 3 PM EST a man in a tan shirt carried the flamingos away. Okay where are they now?

Straybird on March 21, 2014 at 3:48 pm
    • Okay one is still down at the lake but the other?

Straybird on March 21, 2014 at 3:54 pm
  4. Frankly, living in the area almost requires the fire pit to be in ground as opposed to the pretty above ground one shown. Especially with the heavy chairs we are all suggesting. Think of hurricane season and having to haul all of that into the storage area – which, where is the outdoor storage area anyway????

Living in Lake Alfred, next to Winter Haven, tells me you North Eastern Builders aren't thinking with a Florida mindset. This stuff is really heavy and as pretty as you make it, you have to remember that hauling that stuff into storage in September, late October and out again in late March or April has to be taken into account.

Again – where is the storage space for the outdoor stuff? I don't see it people. It has to be there. It's a MUST.

Patt on March 21, 2014 at 11:32 am
    • There's the shed/barn where the tractor is kept which has plenty of room for some chairs and grill. Northern people are certainly familiar with putting outdoor equipment away for the winter but certainly something like a firepit could be used throughout the winter in Florida. If we're grilling on our decks with temperatures in the teens, I'm sure some Floridians never put their barbeque equipment away.

We also do that weird thing sometimes when the temperature is in the seventies of opening our windows and turning off the AC!

Ralebird on March 21, 2014 at 1:43 pm
    • The builders are all local to the Blog Cabin, most from Winter Haven, and the designer/general contractor comes from Down East. Hardly the NE except if you live in the Keys. :) Oh and DIY network is based in Knoxville. Not a Yankee in sight. ;)

AnniesOwn on March 21, 2014 at 4:23 pm
    • Here in PA we put everything away in our small barn (12 x 18) Only things left out on the back patio is the smoker and the above ground fire pit. The fire feels good on a cold night when you are on the patio stare gazing.

Jay Michajluk on March 21, 2014 at 10:09 pm
    • this one is above ground and isn't going anywhere http://images.landscapingnetwork.com/pictures/ima

Gene on March 24, 2014 at 2:08 am
  5. Jennie, your magnolia bud inspired me since there are no workers on Sunday! Thinking if there is one bud there must be more I went looking and so far have found five! Some are hiding except for a tiny peek but definitely there. Anyone find more?

grammagail on March 23, 2014 at 9:23 am
    • Good Morning Gail, Yes after I commented on the first bud I went back and found more..:) Can't wait for all the blooms to show their faces…They are so beautiful and the fragrance is heavenly^_^
      Hope you and your family are staying warm and your grandsons are doing well…Did you get to go on anymore Camping trips before all the blizzards started?? You need to come to Florida and spend a week
      or two to thaw out…Take Care ^_^B)

Jennie/Florida on March 24, 2014 at 8:54 am
  6. Cabin Cam mis-functioning again this morning. It does get frustrating, doesn't it? They (DIY folks) have had more trouble with the cabin cam this year… They must be extremely frustrated, too! I'd take it back to K-Mart (LOL).

Aunt Sal on March 25, 2014 at 11:44 am
  7. Wow what a beautiful day in Winter Haven. I am so jealous. I can't wait to we get some warm weather. Found Pinky 1 and Pinky 2. Glad to see they are back together. I will be so glad when they get the siding on. I can't wait to see how it looks. Everyone is doing such a great job. The gardens are looking amazing. Laurie & Dylan your green thumbs are doing great jobs. I hope everyone is having a fun safe day. God Bless.

CheleRS3 on March 25, 2014 at 5:39 pm
  8. Well, forget the metal roof….the shingles are already stacked on the roof…hope they are light colored!

mrslakehamilton on March 26, 2014 at 10:31 am
    • They are "Estate Gray", which is a medium to dark shingle.

Ralebird on March 26, 2014 at 1:30 pm
  9. I wonder if there are 'gators in this lake?

BaDonkADonk on March 28, 2014 at 8:02 pm
    • Some bloggers who live in this area of FL have, indeed, mentioned that there are gators in these lakes; though they do say they're not much of a problem coming ashore in the neighborhoods — except for small dogs who might irritate them. Yikes! Glad I have a 60# English Springer who is not a barker. We'll enjoy living in the BC when we win it!

Aunt Sal on March 29, 2014 at 1:05 pm
    • Please be careful of all animals near the lakes in Florida. My neighbor lost his German Shepherd in the wink of an eye.

mrslakehamilton on March 29, 2014 at 2:39 pm
  10. For the person who asked if there were gators in the lake……you'd better BELIEVE there are! 24/7 !!!

mrslakehamilton on March 28, 2014 at 8:22 pm
    • The name is Belinda. So does that mean that the lake is not used for swimming, skiing, etc.? I'm from Ohio, don't really have any experience with the 'gator critters.

BaDonkADonk on March 28, 2014 at 8:31 pm
    • Just Google Lake Hamilton water sports. You'll find there are Kayak, paddle board and waterski schools on the lake. On the cabin cam you may see water skiers from time to time. :)

Sally on March 28, 2014 at 8:46 pm