Mar 4

I Spy Pink Flamingos at Blog Cabin 2014

Pink flamingos

Our friendly and fearless online host, Laurie March, is at Blog Cabin this week working on a few projects with the team. In her spare time, she’s conjured up a fun cabin cam exclusive activity for you, which involves sneaky pink flamingos.

Every day this week she’ll be placing these playful yard ornaments in different spots around the construction site. Check the cabin cam and let us know when and where you spot a flamingo!

Click over to the House Counselor for a brief history lesson on the plastic pink bird and a behind-the-scenes update from Laurie.

• Posted at 5:40 pm on March 3, 2014

1. Wow the house is now wrapped like a big present. I saw one flamingo in front of the crane I think the rest are in the cabin getting out of the weather. The progress is amazing. The cabin is growing by leaps and bounds. I can't wait to see more. Thank you Laurie for adding a splash of pink to the construction site and to everyone involed for keeping us guessing about what is next.

Kat1551 on March 5, 2014 at 8:38 am
  2. Well Snoopy the Flamingo is checking out the hedge next to the neighbors probably looking for his friends and watching what they are doing up on the roof

Straybird on March 5, 2014 at 9:51 am
    • I saw Snoopy too, and wondered if the neighbors thought we were a little daft! Hope they enjoy our Flamingo Fun as much as we will!

stlmom1 on March 5, 2014 at 10:30 am
  3. it is amazing to see the cabin coming along. I was noticing a few things. The black pipe is gone from the back and I think the camera has been moved. It isn't set to the same spot it was previously and when you move it, it just isn't the same. Mysterious! Maybe, the flamingos are playing with the camera too.

Jennifer Smith on March 5, 2014 at 9:54 am
  4. I see a Flamingo over by the dirt pile near the neighbor's house. What is being built in the front yard, I can see a new roof going up over the top of the sunroom, are you building a storage place for my RV?

Russell Grider on March 5, 2014 at 9:55 am
    • I just saw the one by the dirt pile too and there is one by the parking are near an open trailer. I love flamingos,, so this is right up my alley. I have one that I can add when I win the cabin.

Jennifer Smith on March 5, 2014 at 10:01 am
    • I carry a pair in my RV that I put out wherever I camp/park.

Russell Grider on March 5, 2014 at 7:02 pm
  5. The flamingo near the dirt pile had a smaller white bird advancing. Wonder if he thinks he has a friend moving into the neighborhood. Many years ago we put one outside my mother's lanai in Port Charlotte on Christmas morning. Yup, she thought it was real at first and told us to go quietly to the window to see it. The kids loved it!

grammagail on March 5, 2014 at 10:09 am
  6. Whaaaat? In the jiffy jon? Well even a flamingo has to go go .

Ashtabulannie on March 5, 2014 at 10:16 am
  7. Just saw a pink flamingo in a video in Alaska, OK…that is one flamingo WAY OFF course!

Trish on March 5, 2014 at 10:26 am
  8. Hello Everyone, I love watching the progress of the BC everyday , It is going to be a Beautiful home for one Lucky Winner!! Good Luck Everyone. Keep the Faith !!. Maria

Maria on March 5, 2014 at 10:30 am
  9. Looks like the window truck is possibly there and some openings in the wrap have began.

Denise_D_ on March 5, 2014 at 10:41 am
  10. Laurie, I love your Flamingo idea, and it sure was fun watching you and Dylan build those pretty planter boxes via the live cam last night. I hope you are enjoying the lovely Florida weather, and thank you for all the special things you do for the bloggers.<3<3<3

SID on March 5, 2014 at 10:57 am