Mar 4

I Spy Pink Flamingos at Blog Cabin 2014

Pink flamingos

Our friendly and fearless online host, Laurie March, is at Blog Cabin this week working on a few projects with the team. In her spare time, she’s conjured up a fun cabin cam exclusive activity for you, which involves sneaky pink flamingos.

Every day this week she’ll be placing these playful yard ornaments in different spots around the construction site. Check the cabin cam and let us know when and where you spot a flamingo!

Click over to the House Counselor for a brief history lesson on the plastic pink bird and a behind-the-scenes update from Laurie.

• Posted at 5:40 pm on March 3, 2014

1. i was thrilled to see the arrival of 6 new flamingos down by the water in the lawn. I am sure the one up by the house will enjoy the addition. This was at 8 AM today.

judith stahlman on April 11, 2014 at 8:12 am
  2. I see the flamingo is checking out the pile of dirt. Do they sometimes nest in dirt, this far from the water?

filanddell on April 11, 2014 at 2:15 pm
  3. The Flamingos appear to be in the same places mentioned by Judith and Filanddell. Still one at the sand pile and six to the left lakeside lawn.

mrmoogy on April 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm
  4. I tuned in today at 12:30 PM to see the one flamingo still up by the sand pile as I turned the camera to the spot where several of us saw the six flamingos…there was a lady with long dark hair going toward them. I refreshed and two of the six were gone so I moved the camera up toward the treed in front of the house and there were the two under the tree that is second from the camera straight on. Then I moved toward the garden to see a gentleman by the garden and the woman watching from behind the house. It is fun to watch the birds in action.

judith stahlman on April 12, 2014 at 12:54 pm
  5. 5:07 PM and four flamingos are left on the lakeside yard and two under the twin oaks with one still at the sand pile. Someone's still working, inside I guess. What a nice day it's been more plants getting cranked up here on the E coast of FL. About 10 onions, 5 tomatoes, the dark blue rose is trying, the avocados are budding and the naval has several ripe. Put in 4 star fruit, two friends want one each. All would do so well at the cabin!

mrmoogy on April 12, 2014 at 5:20 pm
  6. 10:30 AM and the flamingos are at play. Four are to the left lakeside, two are under the far oak enjoying the shade and one is still in the sand pile. The Blog Cabin sure looks great, wish it was ours!

mrmoogy on April 13, 2014 at 10:39 am
  7. I too am finding this blog cabin so exciting…I am having fun with the flamingos but the house and location is so beautiful and inviting. I feel so in-tune and at home here…I hope I win Cause I can just see me sitting on a deck bird-watching and enjoying the sun in Florida after nearly 64 years in dreary PA. B)

judith stahlman on April 13, 2014 at 12:24 pm
  8. I tuned in to the blog cabin today about 1:30 pm to find the flamingo at the dirt pile had wondered over to the first tree in front of the camera and the other ones in the same position as before. The one that moved must have needed shade. Hope he doesn't get hurt by the parking cars as his friend did.

judith stahlman on April 16, 2014 at 1:36 pm
  9. 5 more Pink Flamingos in the Catch Up video with Jason Cameron and Chris Grundy. Woohoo.:o

Laurel Helgeson on April 16, 2014 at 11:31 pm
  10. I was spying on the flamingoes and he one that moved under the tree in my above blog was seen today about 11:30 am moved on the lawn about twice the distance of the cinder block. he must have decided he wanted more sun. all the other ones are still in their places mentioned above.

judith stahlman on April 17, 2014 at 11:50 am