Mar 4

I Spy Pink Flamingos at Blog Cabin 2014

Pink flamingos

Our friendly and fearless online host, Laurie March, is at Blog Cabin this week working on a few projects with the team. In her spare time, she’s conjured up a fun cabin cam exclusive activity for you, which involves sneaky pink flamingos.

Every day this week she’ll be placing these playful yard ornaments in different spots around the construction site. Check the cabin cam and let us know when and where you spot a flamingo!

Click over to the House Counselor for a brief history lesson on the plastic pink bird and a behind-the-scenes update from Laurie.

• Posted at 5:40 pm on March 3, 2014

1. I see one strolling by the lake and there another was by the shade of a pine tree watching Dylan and company build planters for the plants in nearby pots waiting for their turn to be planted in their new gardens! :-)

LRN on March 4, 2014 at 5:54 pm
    • By the lake, the fork lift and the three pines

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 11:57 am
    • saw what looked like one in the mulch pile and one by the next door gray house to the south west

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 12:12 pm
    • Found one between the chairs in the shade of the three pines behind a concrete block and a potted plant.

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 12:37 pm
    • So; it walked over to the plywood sheeting, huh?

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 12:42 pm
    • Ah hah, Now one has run to the planters, don't let Wilber stomp any plants.

PS I like the planking on the open eves, nice touch, gets back to the day.

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 1:43 pm
    • Found another by the Florida/sunroom. Hope Jasmine isn't in the way of the roof crew! Just remembered, we have three Flamingos hanging in our hallway.

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 6:32 pm
    • Hope I didn't miss any after lunch. Daughter's teacher came over for a while.

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 7:15 pm
    • One in the area between the camera and the sunroom.

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 7:55 pm
    • Now there's one under the Magnolia. We'll call it Sneaky Pete for hiding in the dark.

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 7:58 pm
  2. Laurie,

Can we see GRUNDY take a Flamingo on a TRACTOR ride?

MAOW on March 4, 2014 at 6:06 pm
    • that would be sooooooo cute….

twoTERRIERs on March 4, 2014 at 7:58 pm
  3. I also saw the one down by the Lake and the one under the pine tree near the red housing box. I wondered if they were building planter boxes…how nice. Everyone is back there. The tall pipe that was outside the sunroom is now gone slso????????
    I'm looking for a birdhouse !????

Straybird on March 4, 2014 at 6:06 pm
    • I think you're right I think they built some planter boxes!

Slps60 on March 4, 2014 at 7:35 pm
    • It is funny you would say that about building birdhouses. I have spent this past week building 6 for our yard sale in May. Each year I use up all my scrap wood from projects to make them from.

Jay Michajluk on March 4, 2014 at 7:49 pm
  4. Can't wait to look for those fine feathered friends. :)

Aliecat on March 4, 2014 at 6:14 pm
  5. I see one by the old burn area as well.

Lana on March 4, 2014 at 6:18 pm
  6. Have you hugged a pink flamingo today?

DBCoop on March 4, 2014 at 6:46 pm
    • I have hugged two ;) the Blog Cabin Flamingos are very friendly…

<3 <3

Laurie_March on March 5, 2014 at 9:30 am
    • Ours are hibernating in their attic nest awaiting warmer weather. ;)

Clive on March 5, 2014 at 10:18 am
    • But Clive, I'm just North of the Winter Haven location and my sandhill cranes aren't nesting waiting for warmer weather, well, wait, I think they might be nesting. I have a bird feeder high enough to not be actually feeding them, however they get what the other birds and squirrels throw out. I have only seen one of the pair lately and discovered on an afternoon walk that one is laying in a nesting style with the other watching over. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if we have any chicks this year. :-)

nanwes on March 8, 2014 at 7:22 pm
  7. I wish I could remember which fabric shop I found the flamingo fabric I've been using on I Spy quilts I've sewn. I hope someone finds the fabric. I can see it used on towel borders/pillow borders. There's got to be a little bit of fun here.

Trish on March 4, 2014 at 6:47 pm
    • Trish, just read your blog. I am a quilter too and nave already searched for quilt/fabric stores in the Winter Haven area Sounds like quite a few. A few years ago I went to a quilt show in Parkland, Fl

Joyce Henning on March 22, 2014 at 4:03 pm
  8. There's one by the crane now also. He looks like he wants to go for a ride!

Slps60 on March 4, 2014 at 7:21 pm
    • Yes I saw him also. It was almost dark when I spotted him.

Jay Michajluk on March 4, 2014 at 7:53 pm
  9. I love the picture of the living space in the new people's choice, with burst of lavendar……..beautiful…..

twoTERRIERs on March 4, 2014 at 7:25 pm
  10. Flamingo on the fork lift.

Lana on March 4, 2014 at 7:29 pm
    • I guess that is a forklift and not a crane, what was I thinking! :)

Slps60 on March 5, 2014 at 10:35 am