Feb 26

Blog Cabin Cam Update

blog cabin cam

Hi Blog Cabin fans -

Sorry for the inconvenience with our cabin cam recently. We’ve been having technical difficulty with the internet connection on location, which has been addressed and fixed.

Please continue checking in on the progress, and share with us the exciting things you’re seeing!

SEE THE LIVE CAMERA>>

• Posted at 6:31 pm on February 2, 2014

1. The cabin cam is showing us a gorgeous day on Lake Hamilton! Look at that blue sky! I'm heading down to put my feet in the water. Who's with me?

TwoCorgis on February 28, 2014 at 1:21 pm
    • Just don't doze off with your feet in the water…..

RLDorf on February 28, 2014 at 5:44 pm
  2. WOW the new addition is framed in, the crews having a nice lunch. Oh they look so warm its about 7 here.;)
    Were there any sinkhole problems in the past? Last year some lady had her pool ruined by one. I'm thinking they perk the land.;) We have mines everywhere which get flooded so subsidence is an issue.

MaryPA on February 28, 2014 at 2:02 pm
    • Yes MaryPA we are in for it again. We are right in the path of Titan. Could get 6+ iches of snow here along the Mason Dixon Line in South central PA. Then the temps are to drop like a rock. I could use some of those "cold" 50's around the Blog Cabin.

Jay Michajluk on February 28, 2014 at 7:52 pm
  3. Thanks for the info and repairs, Virginia. It's so nice to watch warm weather and green things when snow is still here and coming again.

NancyBee on February 28, 2014 at 2:55 pm
  4. They seem to have the schedule closing and on target. Cannot wait for the second floor to rise up from the old witches nest.

KMH on February 28, 2014 at 4:35 pm
  5. Hey fellow bloggers, thanks for the update on the BC progress! I can't activate the cabin cam so I read all the blogs for the day to day information. Hopefully, I will make progress soon! So know your daily input means so much to feed the imagination and dreams. [ :

donna white on February 28, 2014 at 5:45 pm
    • Why can't you activate the camera. Maybe your fellow bloggers can help you get access. I was having trouble accessing until I changed my browser to Google Chrome. I also think Mozilla Firefox works. Explorer was a problem.

LAUDGIRL on February 28, 2014 at 7:28 pm
    • I use IE latest version using System 7 and 8 with no problems. If I have a problem I try FireFox. Between the two life is good. Remember if there is other bloggers viewing the cam it will take time to come up or move. I feel sure if you keep trying you will get on.

Jay Michajlluk on February 28, 2014 at 8:24 pm
    • I have the latest version of Explorer. I have a TV tuner on my computer and when I changed my cable company I could no longer get TV reception. They came out several times but were never able to get it working again. Several months later I realized I had a problem with video. I’m guessing a setting was changed when they were troubleshooting. Of course, the cable company is saying it is the computer, the computer manufacturer is saying it is the cable company or Microsoft. Too many hours on the phone and I don’t want to change cable co. right now, so I gave up. After several months I realized that I was no longer able to view video either. Message said I needed to download Adobe Flash. Even though the download seemed to work, I still get the same message.

Another problem I have had was when I tried to make changes and upload images to two different sites I use for business. Both companies’ Customer Support groups asked if I was using Explorer and if so to change to another browser. Problem solved both times, and I am now also able to view video through both Google and Mozilla. I’m just mentioning all of this in case anyone else is experiencing similar problems, especially if they aren't able to view our beloved blog cabin cam!

LAUDGIRL on March 1, 2014 at 11:07 am
    • Sometimes IE thinks the cabin cam is a pop-up and if you have pop-up blocked you may not get logged onto the cam. Updating Adobe Flash Player also does help. Sometimes I have to use Firefox. IE works for me most of the time, but it does have its moments.

Jay Michajluk on March 1, 2014 at 11:57 am
  6. Oh how beautiful the home is looking and getting so big. trying to keep up with what part of the home is what and is fun. Believe it or not had snack eating and enjoying it while seeing large pix of home. BOY was that enjoyable I loved it!!!I can not wait to see more done. I believe 2013 is leaning towards 2nd place. This home is quite beautiful at theis stage. Iwish I knew things as you do to finger things out. only way for me is to read about you guys-so keep on please not only info but very interesting. everyone be safe-whoderfull weekend and well see you Monday, thanks guys.:DxD:)

bogartandbacall on February 28, 2014 at 7:46 pm
  7. Good morning. Waiting fir the next snowstorm in MD. So tired of shoveling and cold temps. Can't wait to live in sunny FL. Spent most of morning reading cabin blogs so many questions and comments. I love it. To see the cabin grow everyday is amazing. I can almost hear the saws and smell the fresh cut wood. Thanks to all how are working on the cabin. You will make someone dream come true I just hope it is me!

Kat1551 on March 1, 2014 at 7:58 am
  8. I woke up this morning and immediately came to DIY and Blog Cabin to vote. It is official, I am obsessed. xD I was sad to see that nobody is working today, I was hoping to see more progress. But, I suppose everyone needs a day off. :p I hope you all have a good weekend and all of us expecting snow, may God be nice to us and drop it anywhere but our towns.

Jennifer Smith on March 1, 2014 at 9:06 am
    • Jennifer,

FYI. I just checked the Blog Camera and work was proceeding. The crew must have stopped for a coffee break when you checked in.

I wonder if they will finally remove the tarp over the Widow's Walk today.

MAOW on March 1, 2014 at 9:18 am
    • I was more than likely looking too early. They seem to start earlier during the week. I hope they start the upstairs today too. So glad to see stuff happening!

Jennifer Smith on March 1, 2014 at 10:51 am
  9. Boy they are busy bees this morning. I hope this year the BC gets rain gutters, as it seems to rain a lot in Florida.

vicki_in_Utah on March 1, 2014 at 11:12 am
    • Yes nearly every day, unusual for winter – this summer was really bad but "the rain cleans the air"

MARY F MILLER on March 3, 2014 at 11:46 am
  10. I just saw our man Doug Tolson with a man and a woman. First, they started out by the small pile of dirt just this side of the large water puddle out by the lake. Then, they were up by the house measuring from where the windows have been cut out for the sunroom out into the yard a bit. I wonder if we are getting a pool with a screened enclosure! Is this too much to dream on? Did anyone else see them? It is a gorgeous day here in FL and the workers are kicking butt today. Wouldn't it be great if they start working on the upstairs today? <3

Hope everyone up north are doing well and keeping warm and safe. Mother Nature needs her meds I think…..:p

jchristie24 on March 1, 2014 at 11:13 am
    • I saw them as well, they looked like they were measuring for something extending from the house but then I saw the female inside of the house, puzzling!

Slps60 on March 1, 2014 at 11:41 am