Feb 21

Behind-the-Scenes with Chris Grundy and Jason Cameron

blog cabin interview

Deanne Revel catches up with Jason Cameron and Chris Grundy, host of Blog Cabin 2014, to find out what went down on the first day of demo. From construction challenges to triumphs, these guys tell all.

We hope you enjoy this entertaining sneak peek as much as we do!

WATCH THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE >>

• Posted at 12:02 pm on February 2, 2014

1. Can someone please tell me where they moved the floor plans to, I can't seem to locate them on the website.

During my search I was looking through some of the other pictures, how pretty the house looks from the view of the front looking towards the lake. Just imagine walking up to the front door. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Slps60 on February 28, 2014 at 10:46 am
    • Slps60,

Click on the tab labeled BLOG and scroll down to find the FLOOR PLANS.

MAOW on February 28, 2014 at 11:03 am
    • MAOW,

Thanks, I knew I saw it somewhere else and I couldn't remember where.

Slps60 on February 28, 2014 at 4:52 pm
  2. Watching this step by step is so wonderful! The blog cam from Grundy and Cameron is so full of energy even though you know those guys are tired!!!! This is all so exciting! I pray I am the lucky winner, I could use that warmer weather so much!!! ( the pipes froze and busted for the fourth time this year!!) :'(

Sha on February 28, 2014 at 7:21 pm
  3. Thanks a lot guys. What awesome energetic, motivated, muscular men we have swinging sledgehammers, demolition ing the stairs , walls and who know what next! Chris and Jason you both have really gave the viewers something to talk about not to mention how we're so excited to see what the following days will bring. How much fun you too are having and the stories you're sharing along the way. You guys have definitely made me want to see more! Thanks guys, you can count on us bloggers keeping an eye on things along with writing on how great you both working together.

Getnutzangel2 on March 1, 2014 at 8:51 am
  4. Does anyone know what they are doing with the crane? Are they lowering something into the house and if so does anyone know what it is?

Slps60 on March 1, 2014 at 10:26 am
    • Slps60

My guess is that it is the plywood for the roof covering the new addition. At the rate they are moving we will soon know for sure.

MAOW on March 1, 2014 at 10:40 am
    • I agree I also thought it might be plywood but I was also thinking that maybe it was a skylight or something, I don't know if it's too hot to use those in Florida or not. You are right, in any case I think we will see soon.

Slps60 on March 1, 2014 at 10:59 am
    • MAOW , It looks as though you were correct it is the roofing for the new addition.

Slps60 on March 1, 2014 at 2:26 pm
    • Slps60,

The roof covering the new addition was is completed in about the time it took for me to do my 90 minute Saturday YOGA routine. This crew is moving along quite nicely.

Now I am anxious to see what the drew does with the Widow's Walk.

MAOW on March 1, 2014 at 2:27 pm
  5. These guys are great, considering all the work going on at least they can keep a sense of humor.

lorie_N_NM on March 1, 2014 at 11:44 pm
  6. IT'S AWSOME TO WATCH THESE GUYS WORK TOGETHER.. LOVIN' THAT GRUNDY HUMOR –CERTAIN TO GET EVERYONE THROUGH THE HARD PARTS RIGHT THROUGH TO THE FINISHED PRIZE .CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE RECAPS.

MARY F MILLER on March 3, 2014 at 11:29 am
  7. Chris, You can get past all that sledge hammer work. Get a shot filled double blow hammer, I used one in metal forming, paint the head to match a sledge and add a handle. Paint the handle and have fun. Good prank, I've used it.

mrmoogy on March 5, 2014 at 8:11 pm