Feb 21

Behind-the-Scenes with Chris Grundy and Jason Cameron

blog cabin interview

Deanne Revel catches up with Jason Cameron and Chris Grundy, host of Blog Cabin 2014, to find out what went down on the first day of demo. From construction challenges to triumphs, these guys tell all.

We hope you enjoy this entertaining sneak peek as much as we do!

WATCH THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE >>

• Posted at 12:02 pm on February 2, 2014

1. For all bloggies worried about the camera stuck on Panoramic: I received the following reply from Cara May at TrueLook tech support: "There is some work planned for tomorrow that should fix all of the problems. Thanks for telling me!" Thank you Cara!

SID on February 25, 2014 at 2:24 pm
    • Thank you sid for the info.

vicki_in_Utah on February 25, 2014 at 9:05 pm
  2. Great video. They work hard but they look like they have a lot of fun. Keep up the hard work and enjoy the warm weather down there. It's been a long cold winter here in PA.

Noreen on February 25, 2014 at 3:13 pm
    • It's never work when you're having FUN.

Trish on February 25, 2014 at 9:09 pm
  3. Grundy Grundy Grundy! He is so awesome and I think Jason will be great in his new role at the BC this year. I couldn't imagine swinging a 16 pound sledge hammer all day! Lol! I have been patient with this camera and hope that it will be up and running soon. Yesterday was awesome and I am loving all the work being done to MY new home! Yes Sheri, this will be my new home and you will be very welcome to visit any time!

Today in Florida it is partly sunny, about 78 degrees here in Daytona. Nice weather to work outside! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! <3

jchristie24 on February 25, 2014 at 3:18 pm
    • I contacted Cara about the camera and she emailed me back saying there was an issue with the camera and they will get on it tomorrow. Her email is cmay@scrippsnetworks.com
      "I am out of the office 02/24-02/25.
      If you need help with digital tentpoles or events please reach out to Mark – mhager@scrippsnetworks.com"
      "If you need help with HGTV.com please reach out to Cara – cmay@scrippsnetworks.com"

webwoman on February 25, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    • Correction by webwoman:
      The quote (I am out of the office) was made by Jeannine, sending me to Cara.
      jjones@scrippsnetworks.com

webwoman on February 25, 2014 at 3:33 pm
  4. Thanks guy's,guess the camera on the fritz again. We you able to locate the black cats or were the stolen?
    brrrrr its so cold.

MaryPA on February 25, 2014 at 3:48 pm
  5. Thanks guys! You two are so funny! You both seem to be working so hard, but still having fun! Great job! Can't wait to see what happens next! Have a great Tomorrow!B) Snowing here and about 10 degrees. Enjoy the sunshine!B)

amberPA on February 25, 2014 at 11:16 pm
  6. Sigh! Still no camera. :'(

AnniesOwn on February 26, 2014 at 8:52 am
  7. How much fun they must have had swinging that sledgehammer and destroying what is no longer usable especially knowing what the outcome is going to be, tiring and rewarding all at the same time. I watch those DIY shows when people are doing that and thinking how much fun that would be. I would love to run into one of those hosts at Home Depot and take them home with me. I am envious of all the knowledge they have!

Slps60 on February 26, 2014 at 10:09 am
  8. Rock & Roll. Look at all those new 4×2's going up and already 'Hardi-wrap' on the kitchen extension. :)

Clive on February 26, 2014 at 11:52 am
    • Making progress a lot faster now that the old is connected to the new. Excitement will be high now for us blog cabin fans. Hope the next vote coming up give us more incite of what is to come. Window framing looks like great views for the new owner.

Denise_D_ on February 26, 2014 at 12:02 pm
    • It's hard to tell exactly because of the camera angles, but it's surprising to see that at least some of the new walls appear to be framed in 2×4's rather than 2×6's which would allow for more insulation. It's also surprising that at least part of the original framing looks like they are 2×6's from the days when a 2×6 actually measured 2" by 6"rather than today's 1 3/4" x 5 1/2".

Ralebird on February 26, 2014 at 2:17 pm
    • It's going to be very small, folks.

webwoman on February 26, 2014 at 2:19 pm
    • How do you define "small"? Just wondering. It's going to be a little bigger in sq. ft. than the house we can see daily in the cam. However, it's certainly a lot smaller than the DH. :)

Clive on February 26, 2014 at 2:36 pm
    • Hi webwoman, what do you consider very small? I think that's one of the things that makes it so Special. It was an old small Bungalow to start and hope it will keep it's charm as a Bungalow and sits on a beautiful lake. I'm glad it's not a modern mansion like the Dream homes or Green homes..Just a Cottage or Bungalow in a great cozy setting under those lovely trees..Last BC Cottage in Atlantic NC was my absolute favorite of all Blog Cabins, but I think this one will come close to it:)^_^B) If the winner doesn't have a big family, it will work but if there is a big family I guess they will have to sleep in shifts LOL…It's going to be beautiful…I drove by the property the other day and it was so serene..Lots of land and so peaceful…I didn't hear Our Grundy Guy LOL He does have Fun!! Have a good evening and hope you're not in Snow Country ^_^B)

Jennie/Florida on February 26, 2014 at 4:17 pm
  9. So good to have the TrueLook live camera back! :D Wow, those guys are really rocking. We knew from previous photos of the house (as it was moved) that most of the original chimney went along, but now so great to get a peek of the original LR fireplace surround still also in place. :D B) Now to get back to watching!

SID on February 26, 2014 at 12:10 pm
  10. WhooHooo! Cabin cam is back! Thank you DIY and Cara! There is definitely an addictive quality to watching this build and when the cam disappears withdrawal sets in, especially when the temps for us have once again gone fridgid and glimpses of Florida provide hope.

grammagail on February 26, 2014 at 12:12 pm