Feb 19

People’s Choice Round Four: Vote for All Things Living

blog cabin interiors

Round four of our People’s Choice vote has begun! We’ve gathered a bevy of interior products and materials for you to choose, from clever mudroom storage to comfy sunroom seating.

You have eight decisions to make this round. Share your picks in the comments below, and pin your favorites to Pinterest.

VOTE NOW

• Posted at 3:23 pm on February 2, 2014

1. Keep blogging, I read over then and changed some of
    My votes. I agree that the refinished wicker will wear better, unfortunately most of my votes do not win. I do not why I even bother, it seems to be a landslide in the options. I would like to see less gaps between the %%%%'s.

Love cabin on February 20, 2014 at 8:11 pm
  2. Love the idea of having closet and storage space in entryway, not crazy about wallpaper, i just had to take down 3 layers of walpaper from three rooms in my house and changing it out is a pain and i don't like to pain over wallpaper (too much of a perfectionist). i agree with many bloggers that is is good to try and incorporate as much of the "old" and reincorporate as much as we can in order to maintain the charm of an old family home. Make good choices when picking things for this home and don't forget the charm! have a great night.

lorie_N_NM on February 20, 2014 at 8:59 pm
  3. I love the choices we have to vote for on this round. I really like the starburst in the floor. I know this is going to be another spectacular Blog Cabin by looking at the floor plan. I really like the layout of the downstairs and upstairs. Cannot wait to see some of the new construction on the home.

fishinggirl on February 20, 2014 at 11:28 pm
    • Uhhh, the "starburst on the floor" is not one of the choices you have to vote on.

Ralebird on February 21, 2014 at 5:46 am
  4. It Bothers me that the name of the show is "Blog Cabin". The show started out good with a cabin but how many have we seen since?

Gene on February 21, 2014 at 12:39 am
    • the first 3 were Cabins, built from the ground up. But then the 4th one on was re-model houses. Us bloggers have suggested a name change many times, but with no luck.

vicki_in_Utah on February 21, 2014 at 9:48 am
    • I also Been waiting for them either remake a cabin or build one. Plenty of land in Central US, let alone cabins that need upgrades. Our is 2 1/2 hrs. N and a little E. old hunting shack they use multi wall material. I know there are many others. I saw one along time ago where hgtv or DIY help a guy fix it up real nice. I can't remember his name. Maybe Steve ? Maybe they could do a show call crash my Cabin.

Denise_D._ on February 21, 2014 at 3:49 pm
  5. Well, I have put my votes in for today. I am praying that the percentage starts going up on the front floor foyer. Don't get me wrong, I think that they are both pretty, I just think that the first one would look better with the bamboo hardwood. It matches so well with it. I am glad to see that the rustic outdoors is moving up and I hope it beats out the retro. Again, they are both cute, but this is suppose to be a cabin and they are taking things from the outdoors to inspire that area. I know that know matter how it all turns out it will be great. I hope that with all the hard work that the pro's are doing that we give them good decisions and that they don't think that we are all crazy with all the different looks going on. Have a great day everybody and happy voting. Guys don't work too hard. You have a long road ahead of you. Stay safe & God Bless.

CheleRS3 on February 21, 2014 at 9:13 am
    • I've been wishing the BC folks had chosen to paint the 'powder room' instead of putting wallpaper in there. I despise wallpaper, especially in a steamy moist bathroom.

AlainaMacGaren on February 21, 2014 at 10:39 am
    • Ok, I just looked at the floor plan. The powder room where the wall paper is going to be used is under the steps and it just has a toilet and sink in it. So the wall paper should do all right in there.

CheleRS3 on February 21, 2014 at 11:37 am
    • Powder room will unlikely be 'steamy or moist' – no bath or shower.

I agree though, I don't like wallpaper and these designs look so dated. I also believe those designs will make the room look even smaller than it is. Can't see why they want to put wallpaper in that tiny powder room under the stairs.

DannyF on February 21, 2014 at 11:39 am
    • Alaina,
      They might do a subway tile trimmed with a decorative molding, 1/2 to 3/4's of the way up each wall, then use the wallpaper only as an accent to the ceiling capped off with a crown molding. Or they could do a beadboard molding up each wall in the same manner topped with wallpaper.
      I have a different perspective on wallpaper in a bathroom, it might be more challenging to keep nice looking, staining or spotting might be an issue. Tile, or beadboard on the lower portion of the walls would be easier to clean, and harder to stain or damage. I've been hoping the wallpaper will be used as a wall accent only.

Mel on February 21, 2014 at 4:33 pm
    • I agree! Sometime its hard to tell what something will look like from the small swatch/picture we are given. I have faith in our DIY experts to make our choices work into a beautiful, functional home!

stlmom1 on February 21, 2014 at 12:52 pm
    • Amen stlmom1. I believe that our DIY experts are just that. Experts. I think we have seen it over and over again. Wallpaper has come a long way and more importantly they are the people hanging it! Since there is only a sink and a toilet in that room, steam probably won't be an issue.<3:D

Sheri McNamara on February 21, 2014 at 9:41 pm
  6. From what I can tell, the powder room is going to be underneath the step area it looks like in the new plans. It will just have a sink and toilet. So that shouldn't be too bad. The problem I am having now is trying to find that blueprint of the first floor again. The new one, not the old one.

CheleRS3 on February 21, 2014 at 11:27 am
    • The new blueprints can be found by going to the Blog of Feb.3.

stlmom1 on February 21, 2014 at 12:59 pm
  7. Is anyone else watching "our" little cabin go down onto her new foundation? Those guys setting the jacks and crawling around right underneath even as the house inches down are amazing! It takes trust in your teammates to do that!:'( Scary just watching, but soon our little cabin will really be home.B)

SID on February 21, 2014 at 12:52 pm
    • Yes. Been watching it slowly descend for a couple of hours now. :D

Clive on February 21, 2014 at 1:08 pm
    • I keep taking peeks. It's an amazing process and I can't wait to see the video. It was truly fascinating watching the process for BC 2013, but that had a lot more intricacies I think. Here, they are starting on a fresh location.

TwoCorgis on February 21, 2014 at 1:19 pm
    • Me too Clive. It's bit like watching paint dry until you catch someone crawling between the steel support racks and foundation blocks. LOL, I was relieved to see them finally climb out from under there.:o I've never seen this before so I'm amazed how perfectly everything is lining up. Really have to admire all the skill involved, like watching a complicated symphony, or perhaps a ballet.:)

SID on February 21, 2014 at 1:22 pm
  8. Happy Friday, Bloggers! It looks like a melancholy overcast kind of day in Winterhaven. Hopefully, our curious eyes on the Cabin Cam are helping the workers shake of the gloomies!

TwoCorgis on February 21, 2014 at 1:33 pm
  9. How exciting to see our Winter Haven home finally resting comfortably in her new lakeside surroundings. I bet she's as anxious as we are for the renovations to begin.

Full steam ahead!. We're bound for new adventures and uncharted waters — with a course carefully set by the People's Choice votes past, present and yet to come.

DBCoop on February 21, 2014 at 1:52 pm