Feb 19

People’s Choice Round Four: Vote for All Things Living

blog cabin interiors

Round four of our People’s Choice vote has begun! We’ve gathered a bevy of interior products and materials for you to choose, from clever mudroom storage to comfy sunroom seating.

You have eight decisions to make this round. Share your picks in the comments below, and pin your favorites to Pinterest.

VOTE NOW

• Posted at 3:23 pm on February 2, 2014

1. I love having a vote. It's all wonderful. However, I can't figure out the under-stair storage, and I would like to have a better feel for the choices. I understand the one choice — shelves in a recession space. What on earth, though, is the other choice? It appears to be a set of stairs to nowhere, built out into the room. I would prefer a snack station, so that's the choice for which I voted. I have to believe that I'm just seeing the rendering wrong. Surely it won't be just a step shelf system, stuck out into the room, will it? …not to mention, supposedly, the powder room will be under the stairs, open from the other side. So which is it? …a powder room from the living room side or a storage system from the media room side? Really, I'm just quite confused.

Aunt Sal on March 4, 2014 at 5:39 pm
    • Both! This choice will be accessible from the family (media) room and will be in the area below the bottom five steps or so. That puts it closer to the foyer than the powder room which needs more height. It looks in the rendering that the snack center is probably a pullout like a giant drawer. The problem is putting food so close to the floor in a dark place where the beasts will be sure to find it and it will be a real pain to keep free of crumbs, etc.. I think somebody is trying to be a little too cute with gadgets and gimmicks.

Ralebird on March 4, 2014 at 8:23 pm
    • Ralebird, I am so appreciative of your reply. That actually makes sense to me. Now I can picture the space and how it might be used. You are quite clever to have been able to figure out the whole "pull-out" thing. Thanks.

AuntSal13 on March 5, 2014 at 8:49 pm
  2. In the media room with traditional sofa could you possibly consider adding theater seats. Love the idea of a popcorn machine!

filanddell on March 5, 2014 at 5:32 pm
  3. So far I love all the ideas with the exception of the private sanctuary. I would love the pool table instead. It would be a nice indoor activity to end a day spent on the lake. I love the way things are looking on the media plans! Can't wait for the next round!

jenwiley99 on March 11, 2014 at 9:35 pm
  4. I kinda like the coat hooks and built-in shelving idea. Too bad that I don't have enough space to do something like that in my own home. I did, however, try to make something work using some paint, wood, and an awesome wall coat hanger mount I found here: http://www.shelving.com/Skyline-Coat-Rack-p/31819…. What I made was small enough to fit in my modest space but still kept up with the clean profile and high culture design.

Alie on July 1, 2014 at 9:10 am