Feb 4

People’s Choice Round Three: Vote for Kitchen Features

Blog Cabin 2014 People's Choice Vote

It’s time for round three of our People’s Choice vote, and we’re moving to the main level of the home. For the next two weeks, you’ll be selecting features for the kitchen. From the island top material and cabinet colors to the refrigerator and accent features, you’ll have a variety of ways to help design this year’s kitchen.

Keep in mind though, your flooring pick from round one will greatly affect the cabinet choice you pick in this round. In round one, you chose the tiger strand bamboo flooring, so choose the cabinetry color that will best coordinate with that design.

Have fun, and be sure to share your picks with the group.

VOTE NOW!

• Posted at 10:53 am on February 2, 2014

1,067 Comments

1. I'm going with the majority, give me the copper and pot rack. The free standing double range would be great. It's amazing how many time you need to have 2 ovens.

Allan Spraight on February 18, 2014 at 6:02 pm
  2. Hi everyone, It looks like that question regarding the type of system used in the foyer is fixed. Anyway did anyone notice that the compass is the same as last years 2013 Blog Cabin.. I hope more people take a chance on voting on larger piece. It's a large border the shape of a rug made from mult. pieces/types of wood. It is stunning. Anyway there are some great pieces to be voted on.:D<3As usual, I do not believe there are any wrong ideas.DIYNETWORK does so much for us and I do appreciate it! Take care every one and keep warm. Hugs and kisses to everyone!!!!<3:D

Sheri McNamara on February 18, 2014 at 6:06 pm
    • The other floor design is from the 2012 Blog Cabin in Maine. I guess Dylan's staying with his winning designs.:)

Sally on February 18, 2014 at 10:42 pm
    • I noticed that too Sally. Sticking with what works! Both are beautiful so I don't think we can go wrong with either!

stlmom1 on February 19, 2014 at 9:56 am
    • Be careful! You are not voting on the design, but only the LOCATION of the design. The one shown with the compass rose will have a "door mat" location. In most houses that means it will be covered by a…door mat!

Ralebird on February 18, 2014 at 11:13 pm
    • Good catch!

stlmom1 on February 19, 2014 at 9:57 am
    • I was just about to post the same thought. Unfortunately the mat style would be covered up in my home.

LAUDGIRL on February 19, 2014 at 10:08 am
    • Mat-style doesn't mean it's going to be just inside the front door. It refers to shape and size, not position. Either will work. They're just asking whether the whole floor or, probably, the center should have a design. :)

I'm trying to decide which will work best with that tiger stripe bamboo. I think the herringbone may clash (to my eye) so I'll go with the mat-style smaller inlay. ^_^

Clive on February 19, 2014 at 11:25 am
    • I would normally agree, but since the wording is "Floor Mat at the Front Entrance" I feel more comfortable selecting "Center of the Foyer". I would hate to cover up a beautiful inlay and could not live without a mat at the front door.

LAUDGIRL on February 19, 2014 at 12:42 pm
    • Unless they've changed the wording again the selection is for "location", not for size, shape or pattern. There may never be a compass rose or herringbone pattern because that is NOT what is being voted on, just location.

Ralebird on February 19, 2014 at 2:22 pm
    • I really like the center of the foyer design for the flooring because it would define the space.

Lana on February 19, 2014 at 10:52 am
  3. In looking at the new choices I really like the shot for the chair made out of reclaimed wood. Dark floor, white trim, white blinds and light blue walls. I could be spending many enjoyable hours out there.

Jay Michajlluk on February 18, 2014 at 11:57 pm
  4. Are we getting a garage near the kitchen? Looks like something is being staked out.

Lana on February 19, 2014 at 9:02 am
    • That's the kitchen!

Ralebird on February 19, 2014 at 2:26 pm
  5. I noticed that too Lana. Something is gonna be there. Kudos to all those hard working people on the property. They are very busy and it shows. Beautiful work everyone. You are the best!!!<3:D

Sheri McNamara on February 19, 2014 at 10:26 am
  6. It is currently warmer in Winter Haven right now then what our high is for today. I miss the warmth and that sun looks really inviting. I am a little curious as to what they have planned for the west side of the house.

Slps60 on February 19, 2014 at 10:58 am