Feb 4

People’s Choice Round Three: Vote for Kitchen Features

Blog Cabin 2014 People's Choice Vote

It’s time for round three of our People’s Choice vote, and we’re moving to the main level of the home. For the next two weeks, you’ll be selecting features for the kitchen. From the island top material and cabinet colors to the refrigerator and accent features, you’ll have a variety of ways to help design this year’s kitchen.

Keep in mind though, your flooring pick from round one will greatly affect the cabinet choice you pick in this round. In round one, you chose the tiger strand bamboo flooring, so choose the cabinetry color that will best coordinate with that design.

Have fun, and be sure to share your picks with the group.

VOTE NOW!

• Posted at 10:53 am on February 2, 2014

1,067 Comments

1. The camera is still off line this morning just the panorama view is available and it was taken a few days ago.

Jay Michajluk on February 18, 2014 at 10:01 am
  2. You are right RLDorf. It's just like watching a still life picture with a little movement. I do love that gorgeous 5 acres and now I can (and will) take the time to visualize my yard and where I might put things such as several small gardening sections and what I might plant. Also I can think about where the outdoor kitchen, patio areas etc. I cannot wait to use that tractor for mowing and using the disc(sp?) for gardening. Of course, we have to have a fire pit, it will ward off mosquitoes, as well as roasting hot dogs, marshmallows etc. Of course this is all imaginary, until I win this fantastic 2014 Blog Cabin in warm and friendly Winter Haven. Believe me I will win this home!!! Good morning to all.I hope you guys in all the frigid areas will soon see and feel the warmth you all deserve. Gods' blessings to everyone and please stay safe. Love and hugs everyone.<3:D^_^

Sheri McNamara on February 18, 2014 at 10:18 am
  3. Yes, yes, yes! The new voting options are in!!!<3xD

Sheri McNamara on February 18, 2014 at 10:33 am
  4. What does everyone think of the new Living Spaces choices that just went up? Voted yet??

webwoman on February 18, 2014 at 10:36 am
    • I voted this morning webwoman, but I was a bit confused. I hope everyone recognizes the compass choice. It was done on the 2013 B.C., so I hope people will choose the other one. It is beautiful. The foyer choice for bench seat vs. hooks etc is confusing. It appears to me that the description part may be reversed. I chose the pic with beautiful seating, but is it backwards?? I think that there are no wrong choices, but some of it did confuse me. What do you think, webwoman?;) I do love that house and intend to win it!!! Will see…<3;)

Sheri McNamara on February 18, 2014 at 11:02 am
    • I know what you mean. I did have to vote by the pictures the first time. It was hard not to waver on a couple. I was pleased to see the floor choices. I do think that the area is to small for the rug design and voted for the compass from the 2013 BC. I liked them both, but think the long lines will make areas look larger. Just my thoughts.

Jay Michajluk on February 18, 2014 at 10:05 pm
    • There is NO choice for a compass rose. The design is NOT what is being voted on – only the LOCATION for whatever design they choose to be placed centered in the foyer (and probably larger) or right in front of the door where a door mat normally would be.

Ralebird on February 18, 2014 at 11:38 pm
    • Thanks of pointing that out because I too thought we were voting on the design but now I see it clearly states "location"!

Slps60 on February 19, 2014 at 12:25 am
    • They're great. Nothing contentious and everything will work. Not sure I'll bother to vote. I think I'll just sit back and see what the good people of the country put in my new home. :)

Idahomom on February 18, 2014 at 11:24 am
  5. Okay, I am confused already. See what you think. With the options of bench style cabinets vs. hanging hooks etc. I think the pictures are reversed from the descriptions. I am going to continue along, but let me know.:S

Sheri McNamara on February 18, 2014 at 10:39 am
    • I agree! The pictures do not match with the description.I voted by the wording,not the pictures,hope it is right!

Pat on February 18, 2014 at 2:23 pm
    • I've changed my mind. The captions and words do fit. The issue is that the captions could be switched and still fit. As I already blogged I believe DIY needs to just call it option 1 & 2 as with the MBR closet or re-word the captions completely.:)

Clive on February 18, 2014 at 2:30 pm
  6. Please help Virginia, on the voting on foyer option bench vs. hooks etc., is something backwards.? Oh and by the way, welcome to the blog, Virginia.<3:D

Sheri McNamara on February 18, 2014 at 10:41 am
    • Picture labels seem to be reversed on foyer storage.. Please fix. I hope no one gets confused. I want the bench.

Lana on February 18, 2014 at 11:08 am
  7. Hi Virginia, so good to have you 'on board' the blog.

Could you take a look at the 'Foyer storage option' vote please. It appears that the images don't match the descriptions that go with them. I suspect the captions have been switched by accident. Can you let us know if those are indeed the correct captions and whether our votes go to the wording or the picture? ;)

This has happened before, it's nothing new to have the captions on the wrong images. :$

Clive on February 18, 2014 at 11:33 am
  8. To all bloggers, Camera is up and running!!!!!!!!!xD

Sheri McNamara on February 18, 2014 at 12:31 pm
  9. Whew, those are tough new choices! I see that several other bloggers caught what I saw as well. Thanks to you, Virginia, for looking into that storage description for us! This home is going to be great!

stlmom1 on February 18, 2014 at 1:40 pm
  10. Well, I believe I'm wrong about the mixed captions for the Foyer storage. They are probably correct for the images.

However, they're very confusing. Both options have a bench seat with storage underneath and both appear to have closets. Maybe if DIY could simply call them option 1 and option 2 that would help.

For my 2c worth the option that's winning has (IMHO) a flaw in that wet coats will be hung on pegs above the seating, thus, dripping on the upholstery. ;)

Clive on February 18, 2014 at 2:17 pm
    • My take on this is that the two closets, one either side – the top picture – will not happen. They're just showing them but that would never fit into the space. I'm guessing the choice is between the lower picture with all the storage boxes and the four distinct spaces and the top picture with the coat hooks, shelving above and padded bench seat. Ignore the closets on the side.

DannyF on February 18, 2014 at 3:56 pm
    • "Bench Seating and a Closet" I read that as a single closet and a bench. That picture shows a padded bench and only that one shows a closet. It's also a lot more finished looking and puts more things out of sight. That one has my vote.

Ralebird on February 18, 2014 at 11:50 pm
    • DIY completely changed the wording of the descriptions after I blogged that.

I agree that now it's a little more clear but only one closet, not two as shown in the picture.

DannyF on February 19, 2014 at 1:18 am
    • Clive, The upholstery might be the Sunbrella fabric that is for in or outdoors and could handle lightly wet coats, that is what I would use there anyway! But I have to agree with you the images are confusing.

Slps60 on February 18, 2014 at 4:03 pm
    • Do you think that both options will have the open storage/hanging for jackets, umbrellas, shoes, etc.? I hope we get some clarification on this as well. That just seems to be a mess waiting to happen! I really liked the option of a closed door closet for jackets and to hide a gaggle of dirty shoes. I guess there is always the laundry room, it has a door!

stlmom1 on February 18, 2014 at 4:23 pm
    • Clive,
      I am thinking that the options will be placed in the inset as part of the LH wall as you are looking at the inside of the front door. I like the idea of having doors and drawers covering stuff at the front door. If this was located in the back near where you would go out the open design would work best. Now we have 4c invented.

Jay Michajlluk on February 18, 2014 at 11:50 pm