Jan 30

Get Details Before + During the Move

As you know from Sunday’s exclamatory blog post, this year’s DIY Network Blog Cabin has uprooted from its 90-year-old spot in Dundee, Fla. to its brand-new lakeside lot in Winter Haven just eight miles down the road. I promised you I would share more updates and details about the move. Well, here they are!

Moving Blog Cabin 2014

First, dive into our pre-move photo gallery featuring notes from build and design manager Dylan Eastman. He shares details and challenges that went into getting our home ready for its cross-county journey and renovation.

SEE THE PHOTOS: PREPARING FOR THE MOVE >>

Then, flip through our move slideshow as the home rolls through Dundee to Winter Haven. Of course, we hit a few snags along the way, including scraping the edge off a power pole. Get all the details and drama, step-by-step.

SEE THE PHOTOS: MOVING THE HOME TO WINTER HAVEN >>

Welcome to your new waterfront spot, Blog Cabin!

• Posted at 1:22 pm on January 1, 2014

1. I know I am a little behind but I just got around to viewing the moving photos. Thank so much Kayla and Dylan for sharing them with us. It was so much fun seeing the journey to the new place. So looking forward to new new contruction phase of the process. Again I want express how thankful I am for how you are including us with all you blog sharing.

Petraathen on February 2, 2014 at 3:17 pm
  2. Thanks 540sam, for your previous update on Marie and Ken. Look forward to hearing their reactions. maybe they will blog directly. Hope it is on this site. Thanks again, my best to you, Nan ;) <3 ;)

Nan on February 3, 2014 at 4:47 pm
  3. I really want to see what they come up with next. I love that they moved the house and it in FL I need this one I have two kids in FL and my husband is retiring soon

Karla on February 6, 2014 at 10:56 pm
  4. Hope the hardest part has passed :) So great seeing the moving process. The house looks so good on the new property!

JenniferAnn on February 8, 2014 at 1:46 pm
  5. Beautiful spot… And that Weeping Willow Tree is perfect!! <3

AFey2014 on February 9, 2014 at 2:20 pm
    • That's Spanish moss on a live oak, not weeping willow. :)

DannyF on February 11, 2014 at 12:14 pm
  6. Now that you said that.. I see it.. I just saw and wrote.. Still a beautiful tree… <3

AFey2014 on February 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm
  7. Someone took the cats down? You mean someone stole them?!? If so that is disgusting!!

Maybe you could make some replacement tribute cats?

MyLadyNight on February 12, 2014 at 7:42 pm
  8. I think before moving one place to another place we should get more knowledge about that new place. And we should also concern that company which provide good moving facility.

Removals on February 20, 2014 at 3:08 am
  9. Woww!!! You left me dumbfounded… A 75 year old newspaper section in that house and efforts you did to move the house uphill – cross country journey to the lake side is simply amazing. The pictures really took me for a ride. Great work guys….

bobfortune on March 14, 2014 at 1:50 am
  10. Wow! As a contractor I have to say that I really enjoyed this! I have never attempted a move but would love to try one someday – maybe a small one to start.

Warwick Handyman on March 15, 2014 at 6:04 pm