Jan 27

Cabin Cam is Live!

Blog Cabin 2014 Cabin Cam

Can you all really handle any more exciting Blog Cabin news this week?! I’m here to let you know that our Cabin Cam is back. Come back daily after sunrise (Eastern time) to see the latest construction progress on our dear home. It’s going to be a fun ride.

Go to Cabin Cam Now >>

• Posted at 3:49 pm on January 1, 2014

1. So cool…thanks! Can't wait to see the live feed . :)

Lea81194 on January 30, 2014 at 2:13 am
  2. That little red building had electric cords going to it from the camera the first morning after the house was parked.

Denise_D._ on January 30, 2014 at 7:42 am
    • The electrical cable doesn't go from the red hut. It runs in front of the hut and connects to the electrical junction box that's about 10ft behind it. There's a green hosepipe coming out from that red hut. I'm sure it's one of the well heads for the plot. :)

Clive on January 30, 2014 at 11:13 am
  3. Getnutzangel2 on January 30, 2014 at 8:36 am
  4. Cabin Cam is great I love the little tulip poplar (I think that is what that little tree is to the right of the front end of the cabin) and hope it can be moved, a great specimen tree and beautiful in all seasons. I think this site has great potential and the home will be a model of functionality and the team witll do a great job. I hope we can see more soon but since Kayla and the team are right on the ball about posting updates we will I'm sure! Love the cabin cam! Thanks for the news.

dollhouse09 on January 30, 2014 at 10:17 am
  5. Good Morning to all,
    Just got off the cam. Have been watching these three white birds for 5 minutes. Did see them yesterday also. Looks like it is raining pretty good. Do not know anything about these birds. The three were all white with short orange lags and long beaks or bills (don't know the difference between a beak or bill). Can anyone tell me what they are? When I always see them they are between the cam and the boat house, just this side of the burn pile and the small area of water in that corner of the lot.
    Side note: Sun is out in PA today. Temp now is 13 degrees, was 6 overnight. Looking forward to a high on Sunday of 40 degrees. Will not know how to act. May have to break out the shorts.

Jay Michajluk on January 30, 2014 at 10:53 am
    • They're Great Egrets. :)

Saw several people walking to work wearing shorts this morning and we're at 24F presently. That's still 45 degrees warmer than Tuesday morning. Summer's just around the corner. :*

Clive on January 30, 2014 at 11:01 am
  6. I am so excited to get my internet fixed! I would have hated to miss this! So sorry that the area is experiencing our nasty winter, hopefully this will not affect the plans for this beautiful cabin for long. There seems to be a lot of land for the yard crews to work with…..I look forward to seeing what wonderland this season will create. I hope the neighborhood will forgive the dust as the final product will be something they will be proud to live next to!

stlmom1 on January 30, 2014 at 11:08 am
  7. Good morning all,
    I am posting this again – my original post was removed. will keep this short and to the point (will not ramble)
    Was using the cam this morning and saw thee white birds (white with short orange legs and beaks) What are they called. I saw them yesterday also between the cam and the boat house just in front of the burn pile and the little pond. Looks like it is raining pretty good.
    Just a side note: 13 in PA this morning 6 overnight expecting 40 by Sunday. May have to break out the shorts. Well that it again – see if it goes. I need to stop offending the computer software.

Jay Michajluk on January 30, 2014 at 11:14 am
    • Your post showed fine both times. ;)

Clive on January 30, 2014 at 11:16 am
    • I restarted my laptop and loged in again. Now I see the second post and the question after on page 4. Am I doing something wrong?

Jay Michajluk on January 30, 2014 at 11:42 am
    • When that happens I just log out iof my internet browser and log back in. Usually clears the glitch. ;)

Clive on January 30, 2014 at 11:58 am
    • you may have just solved alot of people's problems clive…..

twoTERRIERs on January 30, 2014 at 12:10 pm
    • Those birds were egrets. I have seen both Great Egrets and the smaller snowy egrets with black legs. Also have seen ducks, Reddish Egrets which are about the size of the Greats and gray with a reddish head and neck. Seagulls made an appearance just before the rain started and there have been some tiny shore or marsh birds that I can't zoom close enough to ID. Looks like some great birding here.

grammagail on January 30, 2014 at 12:41 pm
    • Yes the older I get the better I enjoy birding.

Jay Michajluk on January 30, 2014 at 1:23 pm
    • Hi Jay, I think you are talking about little egrets. Down here they are called "cattle egrets;" sorry don't know the correct name. Cute little things that hang out. It's rained pretty hard for the last 24 hours but cleared up this evening. Going to warm back up this weekend…yeah! At least in Florida the cold only last a few days and then back to better weather. Best!

djslay on January 30, 2014 at 9:44 pm
  8. I posted a comment twice and it did not go either time

Jay Michajluk on January 30, 2014 at 11:16 am
    • Just disregard this. Sorry to fill up the blog with junk. Let’s just say that it is Comcast’s fault – they have big shoulders.

Jay Michajluk on January 30, 2014 at 11:47 am
  9. With some of the comments turning to Legoland, here's a nice piece of garden art Grundy could work on during his spare time at the Blog Cabin: http://www.legolandphotos.com/photo.php?PhotoNumb

DBCoop on January 30, 2014 at 11:29 am
    • Cool. May be a draw for the real thing. I am still on gator watch early in the morning. (is that the right time?)

Jay Michajluk on January 30, 2014 at 11:51 am
    • Great! I knew he had gone somewhere! Looks like there are a few of us doing gator watch in the morning.

grammagail on January 30, 2014 at 12:28 pm
    • Not so much time of day as sunshine to bask in.

grammagail on January 30, 2014 at 12:28 pm
    • WelI guess today is not the day. I guess if you are a gator and you are going to get wet you may as well stay in the water.

Jay Michajluk on January 30, 2014 at 3:10 pm
    • I thought gators only have two times, dinner time and nap time. ;)

Clive on January 30, 2014 at 4:50 pm
    • That's a great idea! :)

djslay on January 30, 2014 at 9:48 pm
    • Thanks DBCoop for the address of the "garden art". I was looking through several art pieces and I can see quite a few pieces Grundy could work on. I think he could come up with a few special pieces as well. That really was great art. There would be a good number of pieces to make up one arrangement. That also gives me some rainy day ideas for my grand kids and I think they would get a kick out of them, I sure did just looking at them.;) I guess I need to invest in some legos. I will let you know if any of my grand kids show any artistic ability. Of course that would be my objective opinion.:);) Have a warm, wonderful evening:D

Sheri McNamara on January 30, 2014 at 9:49 pm
  10. Really enjoyed the cabin cam but part of our view is missing. Checked the panoramic its missing there as well. Oh well hope that is where our outdoor bldg. is as it isn't in the rest of the view. Thanks for the views.

Tammy on January 30, 2014 at 12:17 pm