Jan 21

People’s Choice Round Two: Vote for Master Suite Features

Blog Cabin 2014 People's Choice Vote

We’ve arrived at round two of our People’s Choice vote for this year’s DIY Network Blog Cabin. Help us select features for the upstairs master suite, from the closet design plan and headboard to the bathroom style and light fixtures. You have nine decisions to make this round. Share your picks with fellow fans (and me!) in the comments below.

VOTE NOW!

• Posted at 10:27 am on January 1, 2014

1. I am having a really hard time with my decisions. I noticed that the upstairs is being divided into 3 different areas, but the items that we are voting on is what is getting me confused. Example the comfy chairs vs the window seat bench. Is that going to be in the master bedroom or in the sanctuary/bonus room. If it is going to be in the master bedroom I would want the window seat. If it is going to be in the sanctuary/bonus room I would vote for the comfy chairs. If the sanctuary/bonus room has its own chairs that is great, the master bedroom wouldn't need chairs and a window bench would be so pretty being there close to the bed. This is my first year of doing this and I am having so much fun with it. It is hard, but it is so much fun. I also notice that people vote for partial traditional items and then modern items that are all going in the same room. That part is really confusing to me. I hope I am making the right choices. I want whoever wins this to have a beautiful home that when they walk in it feels comfy, cozy and just feels like home. God Bless and good luck to everyone.

CheleRS3 on February 1, 2014 at 4:08 pm
  2. Everything looks so cozy and romantic. Can't wait to see it all put together. All the vote choices will be pure luxury and of course I would love to see the traditional feel win but we'll see.

Laurel Helgeson on February 2, 2014 at 3:31 am
  3. Just blown away by the closet! :( Need a big walk-in closet, how is anyone suppose to get 2 peoples clothes in that dinky thing? Hate it.

dunamos on February 2, 2014 at 8:19 am
    • I agree totally. The closet appears to be marginal at best. What gives with that? And I would hope that there would be some type of laundry shoot from the master to the laundry room.

candr on February 6, 2014 at 12:05 pm
  4. Love, love, love the upstairs reading area. I have always wanted a space like this!!!

Stretch4t on February 2, 2014 at 1:03 pm
  5. Ok reading quite a lot of user blogs, I do hope that there is a team collaberating, reading and following through on replies to the many questions/answers in some sort of readable format in a easy to find area on your website. Right now I don't see it. Maybe I'm not lookig in the right place.

I'm not sure if we're already past the Black Cat question; but since I didn't reply to it and dont see a response area to these questions; Here is my opinion, Black cat is remembered for being the spirit of witches or being of bad luck. Since this house is from the 1920's black was one of the few colors available for contrast. It could just very well be the family that lived in this home were animel lovers and it was their way of expressing just that. Or they just liked the signs.

At first I had replied to the glass project as a humming bird feeder. After viwing the pictures again, it looks like a light fixture of some sort.

Audrenee' on February 2, 2014 at 4:21 pm
  6. I am voting but I would take anything that they listed, it's all beautiful. I mean, I like the idea of a window seat but if the comfy chairs won in voting there would be no way I would complain about it! Love this 1920's house and the lake location and the warm sunny locale, love it all :)

Amy on February 3, 2014 at 5:03 pm
  7. The voters' choices are great! Upstairs will be a nice, relaxing retreat.

JenniferAnn on February 8, 2014 at 1:57 pm
  8. My love for Florida is what I think is wonderful about all the choices that we made. Hopefully we can get back there someday. Love the doggies bowl since I have to big dogs that drink plenty of water.

Carol Openshaw on February 20, 2014 at 1:03 pm