Jan 21

People’s Choice Round Two: Vote for Master Suite Features

Blog Cabin 2014 People's Choice Vote

We’ve arrived at round two of our People’s Choice vote for this year’s DIY Network Blog Cabin. Help us select features for the upstairs master suite, from the closet design plan and headboard to the bathroom style and light fixtures. You have nine decisions to make this round. Share your picks with fellow fans (and me!) in the comments below.

VOTE NOW!

• Posted at 10:27 am on January 1, 2014

1. Just want to make a point for thought on the coffee/tea bar versus the evening bar. My husband and I take turns having trouble sleeping and one of us is usually up an hour if not several hours before the other. The smell of coffee is wonderful when you are awake, but the strong odor can be overwhelming and disruptive for the one still sleeping. Quite often, the coffee maker is moved into the garage so that the smell doesn't flow through the A/C vents. For this reason, it seems a coffee maker would be impractical in a bedroom location for many. I personally would much rather a nice glass of wine in the evening while watching the sun go down!

LAUDGIRL on January 27, 2014 at 4:10 pm
    • You could always add a under the counter wine cooler for those evenings when you want to have that glass of wine and read a book or watch the sunset. That is what I would do if I was blessed to win the home. That way you have the best of both worlds. :0)

Paradise68 on January 28, 2014 at 1:29 am
    • Good point! They could put a race track in my bedroom and I would be happy…as long as I win!

LAUDGIRL on January 28, 2014 at 11:45 am
    • Good point back! LOL

Paradise68 on January 28, 2014 at 7:22 pm
  2. A NOTE to all the Bloggers who want the 'Built in Window Seats' and the 'Private Sanctuary' to win!!!

We have til MARCH 31st to vote and pull both of them out of the hole 'so to speak'…Please don't get

discourage and give up because they are behind and don't give up on something You want to see in your

"Blog Cabin" when you are the LUCKY Winner…Vote Vote Vote!!! ^_^:)B)<3

Jennie/Florida on January 27, 2014 at 7:02 pm
    • Date Correction—Voting for the Window Seats and Private Sanctuary ends February 3rd

Jennie/Florida on January 28, 2014 at 12:35 am
  3. Yeah it looks like the Master bedroom and bath is going to be upstairs in the widow's walk area, with the expansion that they've been talking about. I am voting for the private sanctuary since it will be right off the Master bedroom and I wouldn't want a "game room" or bonus room right outside my bedroom door. I'd rather have a private sanctuary there that I can go to, have a cup of coffee and watch the sun come up over the water. All the other choices are great too. I picked the coffee/tea bar for what I said above. The comfy chairs (though that was close with the window seats}.The open beams in the master and cloth headboard, since I agree with another blogger that with the beams the recycled headboard might be too much wood and overwhelm the space. The traditional in the bathroom, simply because I love the recycled traditional light and thought it would blend better with an traditional look (maybe with a claw foot tub) and the mosaic tile for an earthy feel. All choices are great and I'm sure the DIY team will make it flow beautifully….as they always do.

Paradise68 on January 28, 2014 at 1:18 am
  4. Love the choices and waiting to see which ones end up in the cabin. I'm not sure about pebble stone in the shower, is it easy to clean?, but I love the modern look so that's what I'm voting for.

Flchic on January 29, 2014 at 1:02 am
  5. I love this home already. Getting to make choices is great. The fact that I could win this home totally astounding!! I truly believe that no matter what , I am thankful for the opportunity to meet so many people from so many places. For goodness sake, please keep warm and be safe. Good evening to all.<3<3:D:D

Sheri McNamara on January 29, 2014 at 9:46 pm
  6. Some great choices and no matter what plays out, they always look amazing :-)

Diana on January 30, 2014 at 4:27 am
  7. Just finished the voting for the day and noticed that the two main highlights that are remarkable are that the Upstairs Room Use has gained another percent. 52% …what a turn-a-round. The Master Bathroom Style
    is now at 91%. Is that the highest percentage of any vote?

Jay Michajluk on January 30, 2014 at 3:38 pm
  8. No way could I sleep with that big fabric headboard .. looks way to big for the bed .. sore eye candy for sure .

sandy on January 30, 2014 at 9:16 pm
  9. It would be nice if the video would work .

sandy on January 30, 2014 at 9:25 pm
  10. I think we do not have enough information to make choices about all of these details. We need to see the revised floor plan in order to get a feeling of spaces and privacy. Is there another family room etc. How large is the bedroom and is napping or sleeping possible with the family activities so nearby. What specifically are the differences in the closets.
    I could not find the revised floor plan and links to any details. I am certain it will be wonderful once completed, but all pieces of the puzzle must fit together.

PCGg on January 31, 2014 at 12:08 am