Jan 21

People’s Choice Round Two: Vote for Master Suite Features

Blog Cabin 2014 People's Choice Vote

We’ve arrived at round two of our People’s Choice vote for this year’s DIY Network Blog Cabin. Help us select features for the upstairs master suite, from the closet design plan and headboard to the bathroom style and light fixtures. You have nine decisions to make this round. Share your picks with fellow fans (and me!) in the comments below.

VOTE NOW!

• Posted at 10:27 am on January 1, 2014

1. I am so glad the top floor of blog cabin is turning into a social area. The private sanctuary idea is just perfect. Window seats are very uncomfortable, and I don't like anything stationary as I like to move things around over time. Having a modern spa like master bath is very appealing, even in a bungalow styled home. Some times a more modern touch is just what is needed even if it isn't the original "style" of the home.

suzanne on January 26, 2014 at 6:05 pm
  2. I just LOVE everything about this Blog Cabin. I'm voting according to my "likes"… but hey! Whatever gets the vote will be awesome!!! :D

Imacajunme on January 26, 2014 at 6:56 pm
  3. When looking at some of the pictures of the BC in its original location before it is moved it was also on some water. Looks like a small lake. Does anyone know if it has a name?

Jay Michajluk on January 26, 2014 at 7:48 pm
  4. Looking at the pictures of the BC in its original location I noticed that it is also on a small lake. Does anyone know if it has a name?

Jay Michajluk on January 26, 2014 at 7:58 pm
    • It's not on a lake but Lake Ruth is about 500ft north; Lake Menzie is about twice that distance to the SW and Lake Marie the same distance to the SE.:)

Clive on January 26, 2014 at 9:57 pm
    • From the latest blog from Dylan Lake Hamilton is now the nearest lake to the Blog Cabin. :D Woo Hoo we've moved!!!

Clive on January 26, 2014 at 10:00 pm
    • Yes, you are right. They removed my post yesterday but it was moved last night.

djs on January 26, 2014 at 10:07 pm
  5. Always heard about sink holes in fla but I never had much concern about them but now it seems don't take the bc house and move out of fla. what happened to the guy was awful, but I have been in fla living,vacatioing and never concerned. I of course do not want to walk in front of 18-wheeler but I believe in God. I would loved to live in Fla in the BC. I think about it frequently and try to iminagine what it will look like on the home place. I keep my 10 votes for the window seat coming. Voting exciting can't wait to see winners and next bedroom. can we take it?

bogartandbacall on January 26, 2014 at 9:29 pm
  6. i love the exposed truss in the master…. so the upcycled light fixtures and the traditional bath are a natural choice… i just can't wait to see it all done….

kellyrae326 on January 26, 2014 at 10:07 pm
  7. I am doing the voting 10x/day in the nine different areas. I know which ones would make me the happiest ,but all in all, i love that house no matter what, and I would be honored to own it no matter how the votes work out. I have lived in Florida all my life and plan to do so with my husband for the rest of my life(and his of course). I truly want to win that home and intend to do so if it is Gods will. Love and blessings to all. Please be safe in this crazy, busy world. Hugs and kisses.xD:*<3

Sheri McNamara on January 26, 2014 at 11:09 pm
  8. Some great choices! I prefer the window seat because anyone can buy a chair, at any time, but only the Blog Cabin winner can have a custom-made window seat by Grundy and the other talented DIY guys and gal. I chose the pebble-floored shower because of commonness as well; everyone and his uncle has a tile bathroom (and we don't know what the mosaic pattern would be, either) but the pebble floor (comfy on feet) is much less pedestrian, and especially appropriate in a waterfront home. The headboard, too, made of reclaimed materials would be much more unique than a common fabric-padded, and 90's look, one. (Remember the reclaimed headboard in last year's Blog Cabin?). Lastly, I'll comment on why I chose the modern lighting. The old lighting is just old-fashioned unless the milk glass globes are true, quality, antique milk glass but we haven't been told that, so I chose modern — a safer bet to go with a contemporary bath anyway. Those were some of my votes and some of my reasoning. Enjoy your voting!

AuntSal13 on January 27, 2014 at 12:18 pm
  9. Every thing is beautiful you really caint go wrong.

Debra on January 27, 2014 at 2:57 pm
  10. Just want to make a point for thought on the coffee/tea bar versus the evening bar. My husband and I take turns having trouble sleeping and one of us is usually up an hour if not several hours before the other. The smell of coffee is wonderful when you are awake, but the strong odor can be overwhelming and disruptive for the one still sleeping. Quite often, the coffee maker is moved into the garage so that the smell doesn't flow through the A/C vents. For this reason, it seems a coffee maker would be impractical in a bedroom location for many. I personally would much rather a nice glass of wine or a cocktail in the evening while watching the sun go down!

LAUDGIRL on January 27, 2014 at 4:08 pm