Jan 21

People’s Choice Round Two: Vote for Master Suite Features

Blog Cabin 2014 People's Choice Vote

We’ve arrived at round two of our People’s Choice vote for this year’s DIY Network Blog Cabin. Help us select features for the upstairs master suite, from the closet design plan and headboard to the bathroom style and light fixtures. You have nine decisions to make this round. Share your picks with fellow fans (and me!) in the comments below.

VOTE NOW!

• Posted at 10:27 am on January 1, 2014

1. Hi DIY. I love to read in bed and support the upholstered headboard. That said, like most here, I want to remove the fabric and toss it in the washer along with duvet covers. I solved this years ago, I have a an upholstered headboard with easily removable fabric, which I can take off and wash quickly or change if I want a different fabric accent. There are a dozen ways to do this. I'll tell you no more as this is a creative project if DIY is interested. My bed is a king, so this will work for a king, queen, double or twin.

ChicagoBirder on January 25, 2014 at 8:18 pm
    • ChiBird, I hope you get heard. I changed my vote to the upscale (not-so-good) version because I could no longer stand the idea of a dirty headboard and dust mites. I have allergies!! to their offal.
      Since upholstered is WAY in the lead, I'm begging the DIY Powers-That-Be to hear you out.
      When I read in bed, my head never touches anything but pillows. But when hubby reads or watches T.V., his head is right there scrubbing against the headboard. Yech!
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on January 26, 2014 at 10:36 pm
    • If you plan on staying in the blog cabin, just buy yourself a new headboard – maybe a brass one, and perhaps a king size bed.
      You can change anything yourself.

webwoman on January 27, 2014 at 11:11 am
  2. hum, good it looks a few more new voters maybe put their 2%'s in today. Private sanctuary finally ahead of rec room

twoTERRIERs on January 25, 2014 at 10:17 pm
    • Don't forget time zones. The vote may change and some may go back to their old vote in remembering why they voted that way. Company they have over, family members that like it better one over the other, get kids off their video games, get heavy people a option other than running out doors.

Denise_D._ on January 26, 2014 at 9:56 am
  3. After reading everything again i don't think the bedroom is upstairs. Two seperate rooms so i've changed my vote on a few things. Would really like upstairs to be lite and airy. Not the cosy and dark of the north. Let the sunshine in everywhere. I need the lite and i knowmany do. Thats why we move to Florida.

edee on January 25, 2014 at 10:53 pm
  4. Hello to all my Dear Blogging Buddies!!! I have missed You guys soooo much!! I will fill you in later about what has been going on with me since last October, but first I'm anxious to tell you that I drove by "Our" new Blog Cabin location and it is so Beautiful…It's going to be another great adventure..Hope we get the camera Cam back…Surely Mr. Eastman will treat us again, Pleeaaassseee!!! The Homes around there are Elegant, big and all have Big Properties…Nice Country setting!!! Some distances from shopping…
    The BC property looks huge and looks to be wider roadside and tapers off somewhat toward the Lake, at least that is how it appeared to me…Nice wooden fence, they will have to remove lots of fence to get the BC in. No trees roadside but starts toward the middle of the property… I spotted the big Garage/Barn nestled under a beautiful cluster of trees..Couldn't tell if those were Orange trees or Oaks… I have a real good closeup picture of the Barn, BC lot and some neighbor's homes and would love to share them with you but know I can't do that right now, maybe later on…^_^
    I love the style of the old house and hope that it will keep it's Southern Charm..Love the steps to the porch and the grand entrance it had..With a new foundation and the rooms opened up for more space and a better flow throughout will be great..Old Door knobs, light fixtures, wicker furniture, ironing board, Ice box, fireplace and corner Hutch is so nice and loved the brass bed…Would love to see those added back into the decor.
    I Missed the first round of voting but all won that I would have chosen except for the Bamboo flooring..Would prefer the white oak..Bamboo will get scratched up from the Florida sand… Second round of voting, I voted on all that is winning except the "Comfy Chair"…With a view like that, I would sit at the windows every chance I got to soak up all the beauty…My thoughts on chair…It looks as though the 'Private Sanctuary' is winning so you are already getting Comfy Chairs…The built-in window seats are multi-functional and will give more space to the room, plus storage…That big old "Comfy leather Chair" is going to be mighty hot in our Florida weather..
    You will be putting towels on the leather so you won't stick to it..B)^_^…Florida weather is nice but it can get miserable during the long summers months and when it's hot, not much comfort unless you're sitting under the AC…or in a pool or lake.. Oops—Gators!!
    I live on the east coast of Florida/Cape Kennedy area and it gets hot…Glad to be back to say Hi to all my Blogging buddies…I have missed you all.^_^:p;)xDB)<3<3<3

Jennie/Florida on January 26, 2014 at 1:02 am
    • missed you too jennie….hope all is well..

twoTERRIERs on January 26, 2014 at 1:35 am
    • Thank you two TERRIERs, so sweet of you…

Jennie/Florida on January 26, 2014 at 11:42 am
    • Oh Jennie, been worried about you. So glad to see you back on and that all is well with you. Haven't spoken since your brothers situation that kept you on the road. I'm sure we have all been waiting on your input on a cabin so close to you, relatively speaking. Mari and Ken are on the way to BC2013 in uncharacteristically cold weather, but I'm sure they will stay warm. I wish they would have posted the new floor plan before voting, but maybe they think more guessing is more fun. Anyway, thought i"d jump in and say welcome back friend.

540sam on January 26, 2014 at 8:38 am
    • Hi Dear Sam, thank you for your concern, still having issues with my brother's health, he is still in the Rehab after being released from the hospital in October and I'm staying at his home in Clermont, FL to check on him everyday and take care of his home and finances……He lives about 35mins from the new BC location and I took a ride down there to see if I could find it…Took a chance of going down Lake Hamilton Drive. I recognized the property right away from the aerial views….Beautiful land and surroundings…I know they will have to remove trees for the Cabin…I sure wish they would have someone to take them out and transplant them along the fence area by the road…would be such a waste to cut them down:(
      Sam, I hope you and your family are well and had a nice Christmas Holiday…Have you had any snow yet??? I do miss "Our little Cottage" on the Outer Banks and hope that Mari and Ken are getting to enjoy that little piece of Heaven…Would love to hear what they found when they get there and their thoughts…Maybe something soon…
      I'm home now, checking on it, but I will be going back to Clermont in the morning…Maybe I will take another trip to Lake Hamilton and see what activity is going on…I'm keeping the road hot, hope my car survives B)<3 Take Care my dear friend!!!

Jennie/Florida on January 26, 2014 at 12:27 pm
    • PS Sam, no excess to a Computer in Clermont to check in…Bummer:( A part of me is missing when I can't Blog with my Buddies and keep track of the People's Choice outcome..Plus I can't vote daily and it looks like my votes would really help at this point…Oh Well, I know Mr. Eastman and Kayla will make great decisions…
      Sam I know it's fun for them to keep us guessing but to make the right decisions about something so important as the Blog Cabin, the new floor plans should have been given to us from the start…Just My Thoughts B)<3^_^

Jennie/Florida on January 26, 2014 at 12:45 pm
    • I agree Jennie about getting the new floor plans before the vote starts, it would make our P/C votes much easier! Oh, I imagine our in-the-dark remarks give them some great laughs…

I doubt the floor plans aren't worked out by the time the voting starts, they have to know the items and spaces can support the designs we pick. There's been so many blogs about our desire for a returning live cabin cam this year & the new floor plans, but no word from DIY about either. =/:S:'(:

Mel on January 26, 2014 at 6:09 pm
    • Welcome back Jennie!

grammagail on January 26, 2014 at 8:42 am
    • Thank you Gail, nice seeing you…Remember last BC when you and I were getting sooo upset because they were taking all the antiques out of the Cottage and leaving them in the rain and the front door wasn't closed for days and how we were so upset because the inside was getting wet….That little Cottage was my favorite and now another has arrived and is almost in my brothers back yard, well 35 minutes away..
      so I will do my best to keep up with the progress and share my findings…^_^B)<3

Jennie/Florida on January 26, 2014 at 3:58 pm
    • The chair isn't out side, with air or some favor on your body you wouldn't stick. They have cool wheatear to and window seats don't recline, hard surface, who said they would but in storage. I seen where they didn't. I would do my own or wood chest from my name now.

Denise_D._ on January 26, 2014 at 10:10 am
    • From my Home now. There goes my I pad again.

Denise_D._ on January 26, 2014 at 10:12 am
    • I beg to differ, if you live in Florida, you will probably wear our traditional daily outfit—shorts !! As Jennie said, towels on leather !!

gremol on January 26, 2014 at 12:09 pm
    • Yep! gremol you are right! I live in Florida and towels in the warmer months are a must! My legs perspire too and that is why I stick to my couch and recliner if they are not covered when it is hot outside. That is like a given down here! :p

jchristie24 on January 30, 2014 at 1:57 am
    • It's so nice to see you back on the blog Jennie <3 I was getting worried, And I missed your input on the blog!
      How exciting to hear you've been to the BC's future site!
      It looks like several trees need to come down to get the house close to the lake, and I wonder if tree removal, thinning, has begun yet? From other locals it sounds like the house is about ready to be moved.
      This is so exciting this year to see a whole new process with the house move.:p

Mel on January 26, 2014 at 10:32 am
    • Hi Mel, thank you so much for your concern and worry. I'm still traveling to Clermont to my Brother's home and staying weeks at a time and come home for a few days to get things caught up here. Long story, I did blog a little to Sam about what I'm going through…I don't think my brother will be going back to his home. He isn't well enough…He has been in Rehab since last week of October and doesn't seem to be getting any stronger..It's So Sad:(
      I have missed so much of the up coming BC, have a couple of days to catch up..No computers at his home o.0:( so will have to run through all to catch up..Pretty pleased with People's Choice #1 except for the Bamboo and happy with #2 except for the "Comfy leather Chair"…Would rather have the window seating to enjoy the second floor view and storage….How beautiful that view would be…I am going back down to Lake Hamilton next week to get an update and will let everyone know what I find..Can't wait. The trees they remove for the BC could be transplanted across the front of the property and not chopped down, that would be a waste.:( …Also give the property a little privacy ..Shade is needed in the Summer time especially in Florida…..Just some of my thoughts…Have a good day B)<3

Jennie/Florida on January 26, 2014 at 3:09 pm
    • Jennie, I agree the front of the property would look nice with trees along the red fence. I'm glad you feel the trees aren't to big to be transplanted, it was hard for me to tell that from street view and aerial images.

It's sad to hear your brother isn't getting stronger :(
      It's hard being a caregiver. I remember how emotionally and physically exhausting it was, especially with distance involved and trying to manage two homes …… Hang in there Jennie, and know you & your brother will be in my prayers.

Mel on January 26, 2014 at 5:52 pm
    • Thank you Mel for your Prayers, they do help^_^<3

Mel did you notice on the Camera Cam today, it looks as though they have taken out quite a few trees…as I see it, they left only a few..What's up with that??? Please tell me I am mistaken…Did you see that?? Let me know if you see what I'm talking about…Bummer!!! I hope my eyes are just
      tired and over workedo.0o.0:(B)

Jennie/Florida on January 27, 2014 at 8:28 pm
    • Soooo glad you are back Jennie, I have missed you, and your comments, was hoping you would come back and tell us what you thought about the 2014 BC since in is in your home state. Hope all is well with you and yours.

vicki_in_Utah on January 26, 2014 at 10:46 am
    • Thank you Vicki, I have missed Blogging and now trying to catch up..The 2014 Home is beautiful and I love the old house and can't wait to see how it turns out..Our home where I grew up in Alabama was very similar to this one with the front steps and the front porch..I loved our home where I grew up…..
      I wonder who is going to be Mr. Eastman's "side kick" this BC..Will Laurie be back??? I know Mr. E and Crew will create another "Wow Cottage" for some lucky winner…I have missed a lot of voting and see they could have used my votes on a few…Bloggers who are not familiar with the Florida heat might have made some bad choices for the heat in Florida…The property is beautiful and on a country road…The neighbors have nice big homes with lots of property..Very nice Homes in the area..Will try to go back next week to see where they have put the Cottage B)^_^<3 It's about 35 minutes from my Brother's home in Clermont…Have a good warm day^_^B)<3

Jennie/Florida on January 26, 2014 at 3:42 pm
    • Jennie I am pretty sure Laurie will be back as she has been blogging with us once in a while. Are there really gators in lake Hamilton? Is there a library in Clermont? that you could go use there wi–fi? we really need your input.

vicki_in_Utah on January 26, 2014 at 5:28 pm
    • Jennie, I have not blogged with you before, but just like to read what the locals have to post. I agree that FL can get hot. My dad lived in St. Petersburg for over 25 years and we enjoyed our visits with him. I do not think the West coast of FL gets as humid. We have vacationed all through that area of FL many times. Do they still have the glass bottom boats at Cyprus Gardens? It has been very cold in PA this winter. We have had snow on the ground for the most of Dec and Jan. We have not seen temps over 32 degrees for weeks. I could use a little humidity right about now.

Jay Michajluk on January 26, 2014 at 2:50 pm
    • Hi Jay, welcome to this years Blog Cabin. When I was young and visited Florida, humidity was never an issue because we were all so excited to Vacation in Florida, we never noticed the temps or just ignored it..LOL.. I moved to Florida when I was 16 yrs old and have been here ever since.That's a long time ago..LOL The climate is changing all over the World and Florida is too..Yes there is a breeze on the Coastal areas, mostly warm and that may help some, but if you are in the middle of the state you get heavy humidity and you seem to roast..Too much cement everywhere that heats up and Your clothes get soaked and a change of clothing is in order and you can fry your breakfast on the sidewalk… Wearing dark clothes you will bake and anything dark on your house will absorb the heat. Don't get me wrong, I've been a sun worshiper since early teens and baked on the Beach every weekend but now the sun seems to be extra strong and one can bake in 30 minutes in late spring & summer…
      Maybe someone else can answer your question about the Cyprus Gardens glass bottom boats, all I know is that Silver Springs have or had Glass Bottom Boats…
      I feel so bad for you and everyone who lives up north and having to go through the north pole weather,
      I can't imagine the coldness you are getting and all that snow for so long. Your temperatures are so unbelievable…You need to come to Florida just to thaw out..LOL B) If I could send you some Humidity
      I would…in the meantime….make some hot green tea, layer up good and stay warm ^_^B)

Jennie/Florida on January 26, 2014 at 7:12 pm
    • Thanks for the advice. GBB may have been Silver Springs. I have a picture when my wife and I were much younger. thanks again – with tea in hand.

Jay Michajluk on January 26, 2014 at 7:55 pm
    • Hi Jay, as a local to answer your question regarding Cypress Gardens, it doesn't exist any more. It is now home to LEGOLAND Florida. Only other LEGOLAND in US is in California. CG was famous for waterskiing as the first show to do so back in the 30's. The glass bottom boats were at Silver Springs, located close to Ocala. Unfortunately, it is closed now, too, as numerous other attractions across Florida. But, there are alligators, LOTS of gators, in all our waterways. Gator Boys TV show has grown in popularity because they catch them & rescue them. I prefer to eat them. :) We grow big mosquitos, too. Hope that BC will have bug machines for spending the evenings outdoors around the fire.

djs on January 26, 2014 at 10:21 pm
    • Can you also eat those big mosquitos?

Ralebird on January 27, 2014 at 3:58 am
    • djs I am sad to hear that. I think that trip pack then to both places. Will have to dig out all those pictures that we took that trip. Thanks for the info. I will be checking out Legoland sometime.

Jay Michajluk on January 27, 2014 at 11:51 am
    • Oh, Jennie, I'm so glad to see you are still here. I wish your brother all the best and you are such a good sister!
      You are one of the main reasons I came back for BC 2014. Stay with us, promise?
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on January 26, 2014 at 10:49 pm
    • Hi WCG Thank you, you are so sweet…I will be going back and forth to Clermont as long as he needs
      me…He is my only Brother…I have lost 2 brothers and my Mom and Dad have passed so he and I are
      the only 2 left…He is 82 and has no children..I'm fortunate to have 2 daughters, 3 grandchildren and one 7 months great granddaughter…What a joy for me!!
      Are you excited about the Bungalow/Cottage??? I saw the property in person and it is beautiful, can't wait til the Camera Cam is up and running so we can view the day to day activity…I won't be blogging much or voting and will miss updates because my brother doesn't have a computer. I'm going to have to work out something so I can vote and keep track of the Blogs..Take care for now, will try to keep in touch..^_^B)<3

Jennie/Florida on January 27, 2014 at 3:31 pm
    • Yay, Jennie…we have missed you, too…happy you got to go by the BC property. <3 ;)

LLColeman on January 27, 2014 at 4:26 am
    • Hi…LL, Hope You are well and happy…It was so exciting to actually be there at the property where Our Cute little Bungalow/Cottage is. I walked the road fence and got some real good Pics but not sure if DIY would permit me to show them, we will see. I have a great shot of the Barn/Garage nestled under the nice shade trees..The property is beautiful, big and lots of grass to cut….Should be fun for the winner!
      The Neighbor's have really nice big Homes and some are very Elegant and all have at least 5 or more acres of land and fenced in…
      I hope the Blog Cabin will fit in that area and stand tall like the rest of the Neighborhood..Ready to get started….
      I'm going back to Clermont tomorrow to visit my brother and will be there for a week, so no Computer!
      Bummer…Can't vote or blog until I get back…I hope to drive back down to Winter Haven and see what is going on at the BC…See how that goes…Take care!! B)<3

Jennie/Florida on January 27, 2014 at 2:28 pm
    • Do they have a public library in Claremont? Usually they let you use their computers for a short while if you ask.:)

Sally on January 27, 2014 at 2:55 pm
    • Hi Sally, i'm sure they do, i'm not that familiar with Clermont.. i will have to find one, Thank You,
      i never thought of that.^_^

Jennie/Florida on January 27, 2014 at 3:43 pm
    • Jennie
      Sorry to hear about your brother and his health issues-thoughts and prayers for strength and wisdom to do what needs to be done. God Bless
      Thanks for all the nifty info about the BC property. It is always great to hear other first hand sightings:)
      I agree with you about the comfy chair vote-by voting for the window seat you could have the best of both worlds. I am sure there will be other chairs in the room? and you could also have the choice and the function of a window seat? It seems like a no brainer to me? I agree too with sticking to the chair in the heat LOL! not really:<( and sorry to say the gators:<(:<( ugh! yikes! :x o.0<3

ruffybc on January 27, 2014 at 8:30 am
    • Hi Ruffy, thank you for Your Sweet and kind thoughts…My brother is communicating better and his thought process is much better and he has excepted his health issues now and is more calm about his situation. So glad he has calmed down and enjoying his daily company from his neighbors and friends..
      Hope you and your family are well and you are not freezing and snowed in like others..Stay warm!
      Love the window seats and could spend many hours there enjoying the wonderful views and maybe take a nap or reading a book…Sure hope by some miracle the window seats will pull out in front and make a photo finish ^_^B)<3 Take care <3

Jennie/Florida on January 27, 2014 at 3:00 pm
    • Jennie, it's so great to hear from you! I've missed you so much dear friend! <3 I'm sorry to hear your brother is having such a hard time, and am sure it's also very difficult for you. Check in with us whenever you can, and in the meantime know that good thoughts and many prayers are with you.<3<3<3

SID on January 27, 2014 at 5:59 pm
    • Thank you so much my dear Sid, it has really be a difficult 4 months for me, but I have to be strong for my Brother who is going through a very difficult time. As I said to Ruffy above, He is excepting his health issues better and has calmed down. He is finally enjoying his neighbors and friends who visit him on a weekly basis…Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers, they mean so much^_^<3

Jennie/Florida on January 27, 2014 at 6:43 pm
    • webwoman on January 27, 2014 at 6:51 pm
    • The web cam is up and on now. http://www.diynetwork.com/blog-cabin-webcam/packa

webwoman on January 27, 2014 at 6:53 pm
  5. If the 'comfy seats' are leather, you DO NOT want them in Florida, too hot & sticky to sit on !!! Window seats would let you enjoy all of our sunshine !!

gremol on January 26, 2014 at 12:05 pm
    • I second that gremol! I live in FL and have leather furniture. It all gets covered in the summer time because it is sticky and uncomfortable!!

jchristie24 on January 26, 2014 at 4:33 pm
    • Gets pretty hot where I live in the summer, too. Our AC kicks in and keeps things chilled. Summer and winter I love sinking into nice overstuffed leather! I would think that there would be AC installed at the BC.

Downonthefarm on January 26, 2014 at 6:19 pm
    • Oh yes! There will certainly be air conditioning in BC 2014! lol

jchristie24 on January 26, 2014 at 8:42 pm
    • I was just wondering whether the type of leather is important. Is suede finish leather as uncomfortable as polished leather? :)

AnniesOwn on January 26, 2014 at 7:06 pm
    • Someone asked (told) me not to comment on my preference for the window seat so I just have a question about leather chairs; does it make a difference if a person lives in a dry or humid area? Also with so many Vegans out there, do you think it might be made out of Fake leather?

Eugenia27 on January 26, 2014 at 8:01 pm
    • Fake leather – isn't that naugahyde? My spell check doesn't know this word!! Years ago, Hubby use to ask me how many Naugas had to die for (fill in the blank). Ha!
      Eugenia, in any weather leather needs to be treated periodically.
      I can answer to having leather furniture in a moderately humid climate, but not in a constant high humidity clime like Fla.
      The humidity in our part of TX is 80% or more one day and 15% or less the next. Depends on which way the wind blows. But in Fla.,it's pretty much humid most of the time.
      You have a valid question.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on January 26, 2014 at 11:38 pm
    • you are so correct…

twoTERRIERs on January 26, 2014 at 8:58 pm
    • gremol, I really do hate to disagree with you. I have three leather chairs. One huge, cushy one with an ottoman is upstairs in my 'sanctuary'. Soft as butter. No sweat. We have A/C.
      The other two are recliners we have in our living area. Hubby reclines in his bare. The chair, not him!
      I have a throw on the seat of mine and another throw on the back. Depending on the weather, the chair can get cool. We love our leather chairs.
      Vegans or not, when beef gets processed, there will be a few things that can be used by all. Leather is one. It's been used by humans since the beginning of humans. Fact of life.
      From my experiences visiting friends in Fla., they keep the A/C on year round to keep out the humidity. The leather furniture will be fine. There are no open windows in homes in Fla. IF they want to keep the mold, etc. out.
      I'd love a bit of humidity right now. We're still in the teens, for days now. Too much or too little. Neither is any good.
      BTW, I don't like to sit (shorts) skin-on bare, scratchy fabric either.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on January 26, 2014 at 11:10 pm
  6. Wouldn't this be nice for a pair of chairs in Blog Cabin? They'd work in the MBR with window seats or elsewhere in the house. Great indoor outdoor fabric choices too.

ChicagoBirder on January 26, 2014 at 3:08 pm
    • Hi Chicago! I was just tbinking of that! A nice fabric comfortable chair would be much better for any room in a Florida home! I live in Florida and have leather furniture. In the summertime, the couch and my recli.er vet covered since I tend to live in shorts or sundresses. I stick to the leather and it is so annoying not to mention uncomfortable! If the window seats do not win this vote then I would love for DIY to choose some nice, comfy fabric covered chairs! :)

jchristie24 on January 26, 2014 at 3:46 pm
    • These chairs are small.  Perhaps there's room for both along with the window seat.  The chair is in the outdoor furniture line, slipcovered and available in 15 colors so really easy to keep clean.  Another option is the window seat, an ottoman in front and one chair to the side for conversation for two.  This  chair is also large enough to be comfy and small enough to move around.

ChicagoBirder on January 26, 2014 at 4:00 pm
    • Excellent idea! You have the perfect solution for this intense debate! lol :p

jchristie24 on January 26, 2014 at 4:21 pm
    • Hi jc, if you have a chance, go to the Room & Board website and take a look at the fabric colors.  No matter what blog cabin does, there is more than one color that will work.  Even a pop of orange to go along with Florida orange trees and the Kubota tractor.  The palm chair is 31″w x 33″d x 24″seat ht w cushion.  Could do a matching sunbrella fabric on the upholstered headboard.  Too many ottoman options to decide. Fun to see them all.   I can't wait to see this house and property completed and furnished.

ChicagoBirder on January 26, 2014 at 10:33 pm
    • Hi CB I just checked out the site. Beautiful pops of color to use and there are 3 sizes or styles for the chairs. I really like the corner chair too. Depending on how much room there is for the chairs, the corner one could actually seat 2 for sitting and of course 1 for lounging. With ottomans this would be a great chair to use up there. Also, your suggestion for the headboard material is aswsome too! I really prefer the Sunbrella Canvas. Great shopping CB!!

I also cannot wait to see the house and property completely finished and shining—ready for it's new owner! I would so love to win this house! <3 <3 B)

jchristie24 on January 30, 2014 at 2:31 am
    • interesting I like the idea of versatility…..

twoTERRIERs on January 26, 2014 at 10:35 pm
  7. Thanks to all for reconsidering the window seat vote.

Jay Michajluk on January 26, 2014 at 3:46 pm
    • yes, unfortunately it looks as if we are still behind

twoTERRIERs on January 26, 2014 at 4:37 pm
    • It's not over until it is over. the quite area has passed the party zone. that was a total flip. It may still happen. keep voting 10 times a day.

Eugenia27 on January 26, 2014 at 8:05 pm
    • indeed….they are hard to come by and would be great to have a real craftsman design….i loved the little seat in blog cabin near the stairwell…..white and layererd …. it was stunning, one of my favorite things in the house.

twoTERRIERs on January 26, 2014 at 8:57 pm
    • Mine too.

Eugenia27 on January 26, 2014 at 9:06 pm
    • thankfully …. i cant imagine having a pool table or party room next to a master bedroom, but each to his own…

twoTERRIERs on January 26, 2014 at 9:33 pm
    • you might want to look they moved blog cabin today……does that mean the master suite vote is almost over????On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Debra Meyer <debra.leighm@gmail.com> wrote:thankfully …. i cant imagine having a pool table or party room next to a master bedroom, but each to his own…

twoTERRIERs on January 26, 2014 at 10:31 pm
  8. Hey bloggers keep on blogging. Your comments convinced me to change my vote to the built-in window seats. I also changed my vote to closet 2. I a still voting for the flat ceilings, which is still losing.

Love cabin on January 26, 2014 at 5:28 pm
  9. Hey everybody, I hope everyone is well. This is for everyone who is hoping for a game-room instead of a private sanctuary. We are losing the battle. If you vote I hope you are using all 10 votes that we are allowed. We were ahead in the beginning and now we are behind. We are not behind by much though, so get out there and use all your votes. You can always go and sit on the front porch and lookout onto the lake if you want some serenity, but unless a game-room is built there is no place else we can go in the house to set up a room like that. Good luck to everyone when the winner is chosen.

gmartell54 on January 26, 2014 at 5:57 pm
    • Gmartell,
      The vote now is for the MB and bath, the Bath Crasher show designs and finishes the space we are voting on now.
      There will be a Mega Dens in the home. I can say this with confidence because the Mega Dens show gets their own vote, and room to design, and that is the round 5 vote for the Media room. In the past the Mega Dens spaces have had games, HD3D smart TV, karaoke, dry bars, gaming consoles, DISH Hopper, an alcove for reading, a loft, all types of multi-purpose spaces and fun spots for family time. I can't wait to see what they do this year! Mega Dens is in the lineup again this year, and will give you a great space for your family fun which I believe is best away from your master bedroom.

Mel on January 26, 2014 at 6:33 pm
    • I prefer the Social Bonus Room option as well.

The "Widow's Walk" is the most blogged about room of the home so I personally would want to share this feature with as many family members and friends as possible. Also, since this home comes with a Master Suite with Master Spa Bath I would already have plenty of personal space to unplug when needed.

MAOW on January 26, 2014 at 6:34 pm
    • I believe two megaden rec rooms is one too many for the size of house. The 5th round vote is for a 'Media Room' which is how they describe the main indoor rec room. You will get that anyway so I would like somewhere to relax and be calm as well as the rec room. There's also 5 acres of outdoor rec room usable at least 11 months of the year. ;)

AnniesOwn on January 26, 2014 at 7:04 pm
    • To be honest, the most least used room in my houses was the formal dining room. Most all meals 99% were served and consumed in the eat-in kitchen/breakfast area or the living/family room/den. I would convert any formal living to an entertainment room or a room fitting for the surrounding area but not a formal dining. I would even take a card table/crafts room over the dining. Maybe that billiards table would fit nicely in the room. Lay a piece of fine wood over top and presto…great for wrapping Christmas/Chanukah gifts or designing the new pool and screened-in pool/patio area. The area would have a knee high wall to help with the gators that occasionally meander throughout the day and night, especially after the afternoon rainstorms and lakeside (just a little piece of mind for the grand kids).

kmh on January 26, 2014 at 7:08 pm
  10. What are the regular activities on Lake Hamilton given the airplanes often land on the lake but at the other end. Many residents skiing or enjoying the lake boating or fishing?

kmh on January 26, 2014 at 6:01 pm
    • Hi, Lake Hamilton is a large lake, fairly shallow. You can enjoy fishing, water skiing, and other water sports. Paddle boarding is becoming very popular down here…you stand on a surf board and paddle around. Also, there is a private Country Club on this lake and that cash prize could pay your membership fee (it was just redone and pricy to join for the average person). Golf, tennis, swimming, etc.

Diane on January 26, 2014 at 10:05 pm