Jan 16

A Pre-Weekend Project Teaser

I’m sure you all are still pouring over the existing floor plans and making big plans for the weekend. I know I am! Continue casting your 50 final votes (you can vote 10 times per day!) in round one of our People’s Choice program, and get ready for round two coming up on Tuesday morning.

Until then, I had to share this picture that project manager Dylan Eastman recently sent over. He said he has been experimenting with some projects for this year’s DIY Network Blog Cabin.

Blog Cabin 2014

What do you think he’s working on here? Let’s talk it up over some morning coffee.

• Posted at 11:46 am on January 1, 2014

1. If I know Dylan, it is a new helicopter to fly his camera on. He would get more of a kick out of that.:D:D

540sam on January 16, 2014 at 2:14 pm
    • I received one for my birthday. A little over 24" long and fast. Will handle a camera real well. HOA here will not let you do that. Breach of privacy.

Jay Michajluk on January 16, 2014 at 10:48 pm
    • Ahhh yes, the dreaded HOA. What do they do when a real one flies over?:)

540sam on January 17, 2014 at 6:22 am
  2. Maybe he is going to decorate the plate with mosaic. Another there a rod and shade there is the plate to make pattern on, also there is a jar with a design on it. Over laying paint colors. I seen it done before.

Denise_D._ on January 16, 2014 at 3:14 pm
  3. My first thought was a table lamp, but then the liquid and what looks like sand paper threw me off. I 'll stick with a lamp.

RitaANewYorker on January 16, 2014 at 3:21 pm
  4. Maybe a hanging penant the plate on top of the jar and hole in center of both hanging over the sink or reading nook.

Denise_D._ on January 16, 2014 at 3:27 pm
  5. oil lamp

twoTERRIERs on January 16, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    • maybe convering an oil lamp

twoTERRIERs on January 16, 2014 at 8:11 pm
    • That's what I think.

Wind Chime Girl on January 16, 2014 at 10:31 pm
    • nice to see you wind chime…..it is an interesting picture

twoTERRIERs on January 16, 2014 at 10:34 pm
    • Hi TwoT's, yes it is.

Wind Chime Girl on January 17, 2014 at 10:24 pm
  6. I'm going to keep with the lighting theme and guess some sort of glass lamp for the outdoor patio area. :)

Clive on January 16, 2014 at 3:34 pm
    • Clive, I love that idea. Imagine sitting out with just the light from the lamp, staring out at the lake. Sigh…

Kayla@HGTV on January 16, 2014 at 3:52 pm
    • As I watch the snow fly past my windows, Oh yes!! ;)

Clive on January 16, 2014 at 4:18 pm
    • Kayla he posted a recipe for Kumquat Marmalade on made and remade.

Deborah Maness on January 16, 2014 at 5:15 pm
  7. Check out #made&remade. He posts his recipe for Kumquat marmalade.

Deborah Maness on January 16, 2014 at 5:14 pm
    • I thought it was interesting that what we all thought were oranges growing on the new BC plot are actually kumquats. :p

Clive on January 16, 2014 at 5:16 pm
    • I thought those were tangerines not oranges, but kumquats makes sense too.

vicki_in_Utah on January 16, 2014 at 7:28 pm
    • Dylan, said that they were one of two types of citrus trees growing on the site.

Deborah Maness on January 17, 2014 at 7:55 pm
    • Mystery solved then. :) Oranges and kumquats on the plot. I've never really appreciated fresh kumquats but made into marmalade I'm sure they would be a wonderful on my hot buttered toast with my chai on the dock watching the sunrise from BC 2014. B):D:p

Clive on January 18, 2014 at 10:50 am
    • Below the picture it states they are oranges.

webwoman on January 18, 2014 at 3:11 am
  8. Ok, so now you've reeled me back into this Blog Cabin mania…. I left my broken heart in Atlantic NC and now this…2014 right here in my back yard….I didn't realized you still had me hooked ….that project looks like a mason jar hanging light for sure! Don't you know we drink our sweet tea out of them here in Florida?

8I8 on January 16, 2014 at 5:25 pm
    • A lot of us left our hearts there, but always hope the next one is better. Going to be very hard to beat that one. I would have prefer ocean to a lake with gators, remember when the Mom is nesting they will do anything to protect it.

Denise_D._ on January 17, 2014 at 9:17 am
    • It was mentioned earlier that it was a light-I tend to agree and yes, with bottles or jars. Will look pretty with lights in them??:>)
      Also, I agree with Denise about the lake vs. ocean and the gator thing:<(:<( that would certainly be a worry for me. I guess I will take a shark over a gator-just more familiar with ocean stuff:>)
      I would fear for my dog-dogs if I lived in a bigger place but, I will worry about that if I win, LOL!
      Have to go vote now:>)

ruffybc on January 18, 2014 at 11:38 am
  9. It looks to me like he is putting together some plans for a bathroom. I love the pattern on the bottom of this jar. I know that it will be a wonderful room.

abIrvine123 on January 16, 2014 at 5:42 pm
  10. I am not too sure about Florida? Think I will set this one out and let other people enjoy.

Hawkweed on January 16, 2014 at 5:44 pm