Jan 10

Explore the Existing Floor Plan

Happy Friday, everyone! This week has just been full of treats here on the blog. First, the People’s Choice vote launches, and now … the existing floor plan is here! For me, it’s hard to really understand the layout of a home through images. Now, you can really comprehend what the home looks like and make your predictions on what’s to come in the renovation. Project manager Dylan Eastman shares his commentary and unnoticed details throughout the floor plan “tour” to help you all navigate.

Dylan Eastman Chris GrundyProject manager Dylan Eastman and tool expert Chris Grundy on site at Blog Cabin 2014.

Dylan Eastman Chris GrundyDylan and Grundy scoping out the home’s floor plan.

Check out the original floor plan >>

What do you think is changing? Share your renovation dreams with everyone.

• Posted at 1:32 pm on January 1, 2014

1. I hope Chris Craft joins in and puts in a tricked out ski boat!

Jackie on January 20, 2014 at 9:41 pm
  2. Really needs to have a larger kitchen. Perhaps get rid of the breakfast nook and make an eat in kitchen with a pantry to add storage space. Love the hardwood floors, nice wide baseboards,window trim, French doors, glass knobs, built in ironing board. Where would the laundry room go? A larger kitchen window would be nice. Bigger closets and a tub in the bathroom are a must. Game/reading area upstairs with room for overnight guests. Keep a front porch & put a swing on it!

Jan Webster on January 20, 2014 at 11:38 pm
  3. I wonder if the current space measurements will be offered. That would certainly help in identifying what is modifying in the structure.

STILE TILING on January 21, 2014 at 6:32 am
  4. I've been a HGTV fan for years, voting on Blog cabin, and entering all the contests possible. I am excited to have ya'll in my back yard. I drove past the house this weekend and saw the crew hard at work prepping for the move. And the lot you are moving the house to…gorgeous!

A couple of suggested add-ons to consider…hurricane shutters and a generator back up system for power outages.

June Gump on January 21, 2014 at 7:21 am
  5. I like the bones of the house. I too dream about what could be done to a house when I see one. My home is 23 years old and having lived in it so long and adding on I have learned so much about what I would do different. I would love to see this house opened up instead of all the cubby rooms. The property looks like it has great beauty and one so needs to see that from inside as well as out.

Peaches22 on January 21, 2014 at 9:04 am
  6. Possibilities are endless for this 2014 Blog Cabin! I can't wait to see it all beautiful again. The second floor has so much potential to be made much larger, more bedrooms, media room, bathrooms etc. Excited!

Brenda S. Dalton on January 22, 2014 at 1:34 am
  7. Most likely the entire floorplan is changing. I read the add-on is being torn down. I could C a game room of the widow's walk. I would love 2 C a wrap around enclosed porch., with every bedroom having french doors opening on 2 their side of the porch. They would B little oasis's 4 the occupants.

Nilsa lugo on January 22, 2014 at 2:15 am
  8. My first thought was "Wow, look at all the doors". A couple rooms even have 3. That's such a waste of valuable wall space. I would get rid of the breakfast bar and the bedroom hallway wall in the kitchen, that would really open up the space. I love the sunroom and the porch, great for relaxing and enjoying the view. The upstairs has tons of potential, I could see the crew from Mega Dens going crazy up there. Can't wait to see the progress!

jenwiley99 on January 22, 2014 at 1:44 pm
  9. I am happy and to know this blog, thank you. Like my Tito engineer before said that, you can alter your existing floor plan without completely rebuilding your house. So it's better to learn how to expand our existing floor plan.

Angelica Cortis on January 28, 2014 at 1:22 am