Jan 7

People’s Choice Round One: Voting Starts Today!

Blog Cabin 2014 Construction Vote

Today’s the day you’ve all been waiting for. Starting today, you can begin voting for inside-out features for this year’s DIY Network Blog Cabin. You’ll have the opportunity to vote on the exterior siding color, window pattern, interior paint palette and the flooring installed throughout. Vote up to 10 times per day on DIYNetwork.com, and pin your favorite picks to Pinterest. I’m dying to know what you pick!

VOTE NOW!

• Posted at 1:15 pm on January 1, 2014

1. It looks like the bamboo has an insurmountable lead; I guess a lot of rugs will be in order to hide the garish "design". That's really too bad because the oak could be stained to almost any color which would give the rest of the interior design so much more flexibility.

Ralebird on January 20, 2014 at 4:11 am
  2. The yellow color used in the architectural drawing of the house is all wrong. The James Hardy yellow, Woodland Cream, is just a beautiful color! It has been used on an historical home in our neighborhood and is the most warm, soft beautiful yellow I have ever seen. You need to vote for the yellow fellow bloggers. The James Hardy siding is the bomb and I know several people in my area that have used it on their houses.

Nancy Jane on January 23, 2014 at 1:37 pm
  3. Love this old house and think it will be gorgeous on it's new lot. It's so close to my little grandbabies in Tampa that winning it would enable me to take care of the little ones while their parents work and get in some Grammie time with them. They are three years, and three months right now. Since the death of my husband, nothing has brought me joy as much as these little girls and being able to live near them would be the fulfillment of a dream. I hope whoever wins it will appreciate it and enjoy it with their family members.

Carolyn Biggers on January 23, 2014 at 1:59 pm
  4. Looks good! Except maybe the color of the front door. Not my color, but it does have that caribean look. I like the green color. I don't care for yellow homes. White trim ties in nicely. The hardwood look on the steps is also a nice touch as opposed to a plain white step. Good character.

Rumney on January 25, 2014 at 10:44 am
  5. I'm so disappointed that people have lost the appreciation and value of a "real" wood floor – instead would have something that is expendable, trendy and laminated. I've lived in a house over 100 years old and there is absolutely no replacement for the hard wood floors. The best thing about it was when pulling up the old carpeting and being so grateful to see wood floors rather than laminate. The first thing I am going to do when I win the blog cabin is put in "real" wood floors!

wood girl on January 29, 2014 at 3:53 pm
  6. I really like the idea for the 2nd fl master suite. Great job. Can't wait to see what other plans are coming. With 5 ac.; there's a lot of yd to mow.

Sandy S on February 1, 2014 at 1:01 pm
  7. wasn't sure about the bamboo… but have since changed my mind since seeing it in person…. the yellow door is a real pop of color… i can wait to see it…

kellyrae326 on February 5, 2014 at 3:25 pm
  8. I like the house and every thing, just wish it had a elevator in case my son is in wheelchair & many people is handicap but guess someone on S.S. can't win this…?? how much money is offered with it… cash…?

firstdealjudy on February 6, 2014 at 2:08 pm
  9. Looks like cherry cabinets are going to win out but I think with the darker color floors maple would be the better choice. Oh well

William Bosma on February 10, 2014 at 1:23 pm
  10. Where is the garage? Florida is known to have hurricanes. Will hurricane storm windows be installed?

JohnnyLee12_5694401 on February 15, 2014 at 11:59 am