Jan 7

People’s Choice Round One: Voting Starts Today!

Blog Cabin 2014 Construction Vote

Today’s the day you’ve all been waiting for. Starting today, you can begin voting for inside-out features for this year’s DIY Network Blog Cabin. You’ll have the opportunity to vote on the exterior siding color, window pattern, interior paint palette and the flooring installed throughout. Vote up to 10 times per day on DIYNetwork.com, and pin your favorite picks to Pinterest. I’m dying to know what you pick!

VOTE NOW!

• Posted at 1:15 pm on January 1, 2014

1. This would be a Blessing to My Children Hubby and I, and our dogs and two cats :) I will be praying hard for this home to be our New home :)

Anna Mosley
    Proud Mommy of 7<3

ANNA MOSLEY on January 15, 2014 at 11:12 pm
  2. This would be a Blessing to My Children Hubby and I, and our dogs and two cats :) I will be praying hard for this home to be our New home :)

ANNA MOSLEY on January 15, 2014 at 11:16 pm
  3. Wow. I'm a week late on the voting! I love love love the bamboo flooring! If only I could make up for lost voting time! I can't wait to see this one!

dsterli9 on January 16, 2014 at 12:46 pm
  4. I wonder if the window style could be split with the prairie Windows in the Widow walk area. Colonial on the ground floor.

pappysfav on January 16, 2014 at 7:26 pm
  5. The exterior color siding is a close race! I thought the interior paint palette choices were a bit bleh, especially considering we're in Florida.. I love lots of color! But I quickly realized I'd appreciate this house no matter which features win the vote.

JenniferAnn on January 16, 2014 at 11:06 pm
  6. Agree with the sentiment that whatever the siding or trim work or interior paint choices, we are all loving the experience of helping to choose. And who would not love to have such a gift, a beautiful, charming cabin to live in and love, either for vacationing in sunny Fl. or for year round living? Not to big to handle in one's retirement years. I'm sittin' now in a cabin of sorts. It's just my husband and myself now, so we have retired to a 'mobile home' which may seem 'tacky' to some (the idea used to bring up scenes of delapidated metal siding and dirt roads to me, but I've changed my mind). It's actually great. I lovingly call it my Summer cottage, and then it becomes my Winter cabin in this Jan. cold front that even we in the south are experiencing. BURRRRR! Glad to be a part of such an amazing following for all the years of Blog Cabin. Thanks for letting me share. LOL to all and BON CHANCE!

Trish on January 17, 2014 at 11:13 am
  7. Hi everyone, I love this old Florida home, I like the vintage look of it and the old home style. I would have preferred to have windows more like the ones that are already in place, so I chose the windows that most resembled them the Prairie Windows. I hope the DIY people plan to keep to the original plan of the home as much as possible. The Oak Flooring looks warm and inviting. I would also use the same Oak Flooring up stairs on the floor as well as on the ceiling, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Tammie904 on January 17, 2014 at 12:20 pm
  8. someone had wrote this cabin flooring looked like 1989 dream home beaufort sc. looked it up'it did have similiarities ,besides being beautiful. anxious to see floor plans here-can be so many plans and decorations. the water in front of the house is it swimmable/playable? Is there Hoa or similar for area? and what about country clubs? Just wondering about homeplace. thanks.

bogartandbacall on January 17, 2014 at 8:08 pm
  9. Is it my imagination or are there some posts from late yesterday missing? It seems like there were more than 6 posts in the under 24 hour window.

grammagail on January 18, 2014 at 10:26 am
    • This post was from yesterday and the missing posts did appear a while after I submitted it.Thank you for hearing me. Probably just getting busy with details for the move and time crunched.

grammagail on January 19, 2014 at 10:51 am