Jan 7

People’s Choice Round One: Voting Starts Today!

Blog Cabin 2014 Construction Vote

Today’s the day you’ve all been waiting for. Starting today, you can begin voting for inside-out features for this year’s DIY Network Blog Cabin. You’ll have the opportunity to vote on the exterior siding color, window pattern, interior paint palette and the flooring installed throughout. Vote up to 10 times per day on DIYNetwork.com, and pin your favorite picks to Pinterest. I’m dying to know what you pick!

VOTE NOW!

• Posted at 1:15 pm on January 1, 2014

1. By the way, the floors in this house look very restorable. Why are they being replaced???? People pay good money for old flooring and it's it "green" to restore rather than replace?

southmeadowfarm on January 14, 2014 at 10:54 am
    • Dylan's comments about extensive water and termite damage may mean that these floors, although looking OK in photos, aren't in great condition to be re-used for flooring. They may well use some in another project if they really are salvageable. :)

AnniesOwn on January 14, 2014 at 12:40 pm
  2. I love the bamboo flooring and the Prairie windows. The cottage will be wonderful after it is finished and and updated with all new modern furnishings and new paint… I can't wait to see it completed…..

Sophie on January 14, 2014 at 12:11 pm
  3. I agree with the person that said there should be a deck or porch all way around. I wish the photo of the blue choice was clear and a little lighter blue/ It looks darker than what it would be. Shar

Shar on January 14, 2014 at 1:56 pm
  4. I love old houses. In fact, I wish my parents farmhouse was still standing. Would love to have it and renovate it. Reallly like the choices for inside-outside and hope the winner enjoys them! I would like to see a wraparound porch on the house, but if I won, I would be happy with the sunporch. Never had one so that would be a different experience. Love watching all of HGTV's shows, love Nicole (could you rehab my house?).

Kathy on January 14, 2014 at 4:09 pm
  5. I have to agree on the maple (US Product) over the zebra bamboo stripe…I don't much like the stripe, and I like keeping things US…

doliver on January 15, 2014 at 12:12 pm
  6. Hate to complain but it really is cold in California. I know I know I aint seen anything if I haven't been east. But hey we aren't used to this. I've lost a lot of plants this year with two months of freezing nights…wah!!
    Seriously, I hope you are all keeping warm though. Wow, what a fantastic house, huh? This poor baby deserves to be queen again. Don't you just love the widows walk? Fantastic entertainment room, and that view!! I cannot see bamboo in her though, much too contemporary and busy. A friend has it and it seems it's all you notice when you walk in, just too hit you in the face busy. She needs quiet walls, and floors. Opening up some of those walls, maybe reversing the staircase (looks to be facing the rear) to make a nice statement from the living room. Colors and eclectic styles leaning toward traditional in furnishings would be fun. I agree with you April and Maow, light green outside blending with the gorgeous surroundings and with those prairie windows… yes yes yes. Shes back!

JackieOC on January 15, 2014 at 2:20 pm
  7. i live 10-15 minutes away i would love to be the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUNFLWR on January 15, 2014 at 3:42 pm
  8. Good choices for most of the decision, they're all very appropriate with a few exceptions. The striped bamboo, which is currently winning the flooring choice is too busy. And the color of it would not compliment the interior paint choice, Neutral Nuance, that is also currently ahead in the poll! Both flooring choices would work with the Nautical paint choice, though I still think (as do other comments here) that the bamboo is too jarring, just too busy for what should be a relaxing venue. One would get very tired of it pretty quickly. My vote for the exterior is the sunny yellow!

emmalv on January 15, 2014 at 4:52 pm
  9. Wow! a chance to win a blog cabin home in Florida! How fantastic is that. Viewing the photos and video and floor plan of the 2014 blog cabin I do have a few suggestions: If the architect(s) are still working on the new floor plans, is it possible to design the shared living space on the top floor where all the Fantastic lakeside views can be seen and have the bedrooms on the first floor?
    To get a better more balanced use of the Indoor property and Outdoor landscape, is it possible to expand the floor plan of the house?

Audrenee on January 15, 2014 at 5:44 pm
  10. I've changed my mind on the interior colors. I'm usually all about saturated traditional colors. But I now think the Neutral pallet will be a perfect backdrop that makes it super easy to drop in some pops of tropical colors like…Ocean aqua, sea glass green, coral orange, lobster red, sky blue.
    Yep…I'm all in on the Neutral Nuance team!!

Gail on January 15, 2014 at 10:53 pm