Dec 30

How-To: Make a Budget-Friendly Camera Mount

If you’ve been following past Blog Cabins, then you know we love sharing time-lapse photography to capture the remodeling of our dear homes. Have you ever wondered how we get that step-by-step photography? Project manager Dylan Eastman shared a handy (and inexpensive!) project for creating a 360-degree camera mount on DIYNetwork’s Made + Remade blog. Plus, we have a video showcasing the device in action. Check it out!

Blog Cabin 2014: Time-Lapse Video

VIDEO: Dylan’s 360-Degree Camera Mount

Want to make your own? Check out Dylan’s easy-to-follow tutorial, then share your videos with us.

How to Make a 360-Degree Camera Mount

HOW-TO PROJECT: How to Make a 360-Degree Camera Mount

• Posted at 12:52 pm on December 12, 2013

1. ICE BOX! How did I miss the Ice Box?@!? I LOVE IT!!! I hope that stays! Can't have enough ice handy when you're living Florida lakeside! :)

CreativeGraf on January 7, 2014 at 9:35 am
  2. It's 9:22 here in Florida … What time does voting begin? :(

CreativeGraf on January 7, 2014 at 10:22 am
  3. Hopefully, the voting will start today despite a delay!

"This year's online voting periods are as follows:
    — Tuesday, Jan. 7 — Monday, Jan. 20: Inside and Out Features (color
    palettes, siding and flooring)

— Tuesday, Jan. 21 — Monday, Feb. 3: Master Suite Features

— Tuesday, Feb. 4 — Monday, Feb. 17: Kitchen Features

— Tuesday, Feb. 18 — Monday, March 3: Living Area

— Tuesday, March 4 — Monday, March 17: Media Room

— Tuesday, March 18 — Monday, March 31: Outdoors

— Tuesday, April 1 — Monday, May 12: "Cabin Comforts"

DeerSpring on January 7, 2014 at 11:28 am
    • Very Insightful! Thanks for sharing :)

CreativeGraf on January 7, 2014 at 11:39 am
    • : )

DeerSpring on January 7, 2014 at 8:46 pm
  4. I don't know if anyone mention the video that they show of this home yet, but I just watched it and wow I can't wait to see what they do to this home, the improvements they will make I just can't wait. I hope they leave a lot of the things that are there now, but still make all the great improvements too. (we had lost power the week of Christmas, so I might of missed it if they did). If you missed it too, go watch it now…
    See what I mean by watching the video at top of the page. Hardwood floors, old Ice box in the kitchen, 2 bedrooms, dinning room, breakfast nook, bathroom, sun porch, window walk, basement, etc.
    I hope they can put a basement in for the home at the new location too.

home_girl on January 7, 2014 at 12:33 pm
    • It really is a great home! Because the water table is so high here in FL (especially lakeside), basements are not the norm – I was surprised to see one in this home. We can, however, build UP … You see this on the coastal sides often – homes on "stilts, with parking and an apartment or storage underneath the main level. If they are unable to save the basement space for the new location, it can be recreated in so many different ways: Guest House, Boat House Storage, Stilts etc. I'm certain that DIY has something GREAT planned for this house and I can't wait to see it all come together!!! :)

CreativeGraf on January 7, 2014 at 1:26 pm
  5. I Voted!!! :) )))))

CreativeGraf on January 7, 2014 at 2:26 pm
  6. if you need air for the DIY blog home I work for polar air in lake Hamilton give us a call.

Randy Francisco on January 11, 2014 at 1:10 pm
  7. I'd have to say that time-lapse photography is most suited to the Blog Cabin adventure, and I always appreciate being able to check out the latest photo additions as the DIY renovation progresses.

Cheap Cameras on February 4, 2014 at 3:03 pm
  8. Does anyone know when the "move" will occur? and when voting starts? What an EXCITING BC!!!!!

Larry King on February 5, 2014 at 8:50 am