Dec 30

How-To: Make a Budget-Friendly Camera Mount

If you’ve been following past Blog Cabins, then you know we love sharing time-lapse photography to capture the remodeling of our dear homes. Have you ever wondered how we get that step-by-step photography? Project manager Dylan Eastman shared a handy (and inexpensive!) project for creating a 360-degree camera mount on DIYNetwork’s Made + Remade blog. Plus, we have a video showcasing the device in action. Check it out!

Blog Cabin 2014: Time-Lapse Video

VIDEO: Dylan’s 360-Degree Camera Mount

Want to make your own? Check out Dylan’s easy-to-follow tutorial, then share your videos with us.

How to Make a 360-Degree Camera Mount

HOW-TO PROJECT: How to Make a 360-Degree Camera Mount

• Posted at 12:52 pm on December 12, 2013

1. So maybe Dylan is setting up the camera, because they ready to move the BC? We can only hope.

vicki_in_Utah on January 1, 2014 at 11:31 am
  2. Job-Site Cameras?AHHH,..WHAT A GREAT IDEA! I can't wait to see the crew in action working on my new home,lol.The anticipation of this build is very exciting.Winning this home would be a dream come true for my family.Happy New Year Everyone!

OhioGuy74 on January 1, 2014 at 12:45 pm
  3. Happy New Year, fellow bloggers! After just having finished blowing the snow off my Kalamazoo, Michigan driveway, the BC Florida site looks especially inviting. Let's get the house on the road and to the site…so I can move in well before the Winter '14 snow arrives! If I was there now, I'd have been out on the lake fishing instead of blowing snow.

RLDorf on January 1, 2014 at 2:14 pm
  4. I hear you RLDorf. Let's get this house on the road. So ready to start seeing the transformations take place. I can already see myself and my family down there enjoying the sun and heat. Having all this metal in my back makes it hard to do anything in this cold Missouri weather. I know my pain would be much less possible gone if I were in a nice warm place like Florida! I can't wait!!!!! I want this old house so badly. Just going to keep praying!!

CheleRS3 on January 1, 2014 at 8:48 pm
  5. This is going to be an interesting year for Blog Cabin. The house is a plain-jane now, but I can imagine how I'd like to change it. Love the enclosed front porch and the upper floor room (not sure how it was used before).
    I love my home state of Montana, but a winter escape to Florida might be nice once in a while.

AlainaMacGaren on January 1, 2014 at 10:23 pm
  6. Cool!!;)

AndreaMP on January 2, 2014 at 6:50 am
  7. I hope everyone had a great and peaceful New Year. Can't wait to the 7th when we can begin voting and get a first glimpse of what Dylan is planning.^_^

One thought on the Cabin Cam. If there is a NIMBY neighbor who is opposed to the BC being moved to Lake Hamilton it's possible there will not be a Cabin Cam, or that it will be severely curtailed if a privacy issue arises too. :S

AnniesOwn on January 2, 2014 at 12:41 pm
  8. Technology…amazing world we live in.
    Beautiful house I see its potential while appreciating its past. Simple beauty is my favorite.
    I am looking forward to seeing its transformation. Picturing myself living there.

J in Tucson on January 2, 2014 at 1:34 pm
  9. Thanks this would be a great idea for my small trailer park.

Anna on January 2, 2014 at 2:52 pm
  10. This is a beautiful home that really depicts the 1920's from all the craftsman features to the exterior porches and widows walk. I hope the viewers realize what a gem this house and keep all the wonderfully unique features that give the home its integrity. It will be said if this lovely home is made to modern.

Laurie Dorval on January 2, 2014 at 3:22 pm