Dec 30

How-To: Make a Budget-Friendly Camera Mount

If you’ve been following past Blog Cabins, then you know we love sharing time-lapse photography to capture the remodeling of our dear homes. Have you ever wondered how we get that step-by-step photography? Project manager Dylan Eastman shared a handy (and inexpensive!) project for creating a 360-degree camera mount on DIYNetwork’s Made + Remade blog. Plus, we have a video showcasing the device in action. Check it out!

Blog Cabin 2014: Time-Lapse Video

VIDEO: Dylan’s 360-Degree Camera Mount

Want to make your own? Check out Dylan’s easy-to-follow tutorial, then share your videos with us.

How to Make a 360-Degree Camera Mount

HOW-TO PROJECT: How to Make a 360-Degree Camera Mount

• Posted at 12:52 pm on December 12, 2013

1. This is amazing! A dream home for sure. I get to follow along, like I'm there every day, watching the progress. Brilliant!

Nancy Jo Jones on December 31, 2013 at 1:09 am
  2. Oh that 360 degree viewing is awesome but can I please be there to see it in person?

ladyomi2014 on December 31, 2013 at 3:49 pm
  3. How cool is this! Love it!

2014dreams on December 31, 2013 at 5:35 pm
  4. Ohhh how cool! Thanks Dylan for posting this for us. I have always wondered how you guys get the 360 shots for the other homes you have done. I am looking forward to seeing a lot more on our Blog Cabin 2014!! <3

jchristie24 on December 31, 2013 at 5:50 pm
  5. I can't imagine when I might use this camera mount but my creative son uses his go-pro a great deal so I will gladly share with him! Thanks for the info!

Downonthefarm on December 31, 2013 at 6:54 pm
  6. WOW! that is soooo cool I love it.
    Happy New Year to everyone Love Ya xDxD:D
    P.S. Kayla your doing a great job.:D;)

MaryPA on January 1, 2014 at 3:05 am
  7. Thanks Kayla and Dylan! Could this be a hint that our cabin cam may soon be up? Can't wait!

grammagail on January 1, 2014 at 9:12 am
    • Grammagail, you read my mind….I am doing some wishful thinking also, soon the cabin cam will be up and running! Yahoooooo!^_^

amberPA on January 2, 2014 at 6:14 pm
    • I hope we get a cabin cam. I love sitting in on things then coming on the blog and discussing about what we have seen.:D

JudyInMich on January 7, 2014 at 7:44 pm
  8. Love it!! Super excited

KarenRN54 on January 1, 2014 at 9:27 am
  9. Oh my gosh! This is killing me! I just can't wait to start voting!! Does anyone know when the "move" will occur? and when voting starts? What an EXCITING BC!!!!! The property is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

CreativeGraf on January 1, 2014 at 10:11 am
    • Hi – I am interested in voting on the items used in the Blog Cabin. How can. Make that happen?

Teri Baldwin on January 3, 2014 at 12:47 pm
    • The voting hasn't started yet … Keep checking in to see when they announce the voting has begun … once it does, you will see it on the main sweepstakes page for BC … Good Luck :)

CreativeGraf on January 3, 2014 at 1:23 pm
    • Thank you so much! I love this show and have always thought it would be fun to be one of the bloggers. I will keep checking back and will hopefully start voting on the 7th. Thanks again!!!

Teribaldwin on January 3, 2014 at 2:58 pm
    • You are very welcome. I love it also … I had so much fun sharing all the things I had voted on with my husband when the final product was aired on TV :) I love that the viewers have a say in what goes into the home – DIY Network is BRILLIANT!

CreativeGraf on January 3, 2014 at 5:48 pm
    • Voting starts on Jan 7th.

AnniesOwn on January 3, 2014 at 1:37 pm
    • YAY!!! I'm so excited!!! Thanks for the confirmation :)

CreativeGraf on January 3, 2014 at 5:46 pm
    • I just voted! How fun!!! This is going to be a great experience!

Teri Baldwin on January 7, 2014 at 2:46 pm
  10. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE!!!!!
    I hope everry one had a nice and safe new years eve, now are we raedy for whats to come this year on Blog Cabin?

Steele71 on January 1, 2014 at 10:28 am