Dec 9

Coastal-Inspired Holiday Decorating Ideas

Happy Monday, everyone! Can you believe we’re already knee-deep in the holiday season? [And I haven't even started shopping for gifts yet. Eek!] This time next year, one of you will be sitting nice and cozy in Blog Cabin 2014 in Winter Haven, Fla. As an East Tennessee native, my winters are often filled with a mix of snow and rain, so I can’t imagine a Florida Christmas with temperatures in the 70s. How perfect is that?

It got me thinking, though — Blog Cabin isn’t seaside, but its Florida surroundings certainly call for coastal holiday decor come next Christmas. I thought I’d share some of my favorite coastal-inspired decorating ideas that tie in perfectly with The Sunshine State.

Decorate the Mantel With Rustic Elements + Neutral Hues

Driftwood = Yes!

Coastal Holiday Decorating Ideas

Get Inspired: 10 Coastal-Inspired Holiday Decorating Ideas >>

Tie in Unexpected Pieces, Like This Fisherman’s Sweater

Coastal Holiday Decorating Ideas

Get Inspired: Coastal- and Cottage-Style Christmas Decorations >>

How would you decorate a Florida lakeside home for the holidays? I’d love to hear your decorating ideas.

• Posted at 2:50 pm on December 12, 2013

1. Great look festive yet tasteful, Keep it up

two ragdolls on January 1, 2014 at 12:05 pm
  2. Would love to see a lot of whites and blues……maybe sometimes a mix of the two to give it that aged finish…..try to keep a lot of the old charm…..Ill probably say that over and over….but thats me…..I was born in the wrong century! lol

EdensMOTHER on January 2, 2014 at 10:14 pm
  3. Just thought of this…….put some old colored depression glassware on the shelves!!!!!! YEAH BUDDY!

EdensMOTHER on January 2, 2014 at 10:17 pm
  4. This is my kind of decorating. I take it as a positive sign that "JOY" is boldly displayed above the fireplace!

joyadams2014 on January 3, 2014 at 1:26 am
  5. Hmmm,..I'm kinda thinkin' to ace the pirate idea,sounds cool but that was a long time ago.I should've said Nautical.There are many dark tones in a Galion and my idea was more light-filled rooms with a blond floating floor that is soft to walk on(Possibly beechwood)with a white or sand color for the walls,maybe burnished plaster throughout.This will multiply the light many times.Thanks,just trying to add some interesting comments.

OhioGuy74 on January 6, 2014 at 10:00 am
  6. I really liked your sea themed decor. It will be great if you use surfboards decor and wall art. It will add wavier feel.
    Thanks
    Dave Clark
    danasurfboards.com/decorative-surfboards

Dave Clark on January 8, 2014 at 4:45 am
  7. Your coastal home decorations are really very nice. Coastal home decorations have a unique attractiveness. I want to say that you can also use surfboards for decoration as they are also coastal theme based items and also are in trend nowadays.
    Thanks

dave clark on January 9, 2014 at 7:49 am
  8. Lovely fire place with the wood logs placed inside! The grey blocks on the boarder compliment the whole fireplace so well. Great job!

Dorking Stoves on February 4, 2014 at 12:05 pm