Dec 9

Coastal-Inspired Holiday Decorating Ideas

Happy Monday, everyone! Can you believe we’re already knee-deep in the holiday season? [And I haven't even started shopping for gifts yet. Eek!] This time next year, one of you will be sitting nice and cozy in Blog Cabin 2014 in Winter Haven, Fla. As an East Tennessee native, my winters are often filled with a mix of snow and rain, so I can’t imagine a Florida Christmas with temperatures in the 70s. How perfect is that?

It got me thinking, though — Blog Cabin isn’t seaside, but its Florida surroundings certainly call for coastal holiday decor come next Christmas. I thought I’d share some of my favorite coastal-inspired decorating ideas that tie in perfectly with The Sunshine State.

Decorate the Mantel With Rustic Elements + Neutral Hues

Driftwood = Yes!

Coastal Holiday Decorating Ideas

Get Inspired: 10 Coastal-Inspired Holiday Decorating Ideas >>

Tie in Unexpected Pieces, Like This Fisherman’s Sweater

Coastal Holiday Decorating Ideas

Get Inspired: Coastal- and Cottage-Style Christmas Decorations >>

How would you decorate a Florida lakeside home for the holidays? I’d love to hear your decorating ideas.

• Posted at 2:50 pm on December 12, 2013

1. I think your ideas were great for decorating a Florida home for the holidays. I would use the light blue, silver and white as the basic colors to decorate.. I would make a wreath with the blue and silver colors and maybe add a few sea shells to the wreath. I really like the " joy" lettering you used. Other letter words for the holidays can be "Believe", "Hope", or "Faith" to be used. I would have to put a candle in each window to make the home welcoming. Decorating a Florida home for the holidays would be so much fun!!

flortenndreamer on December 10, 2013 at 11:11 pm
  2. Love the tree decorations in your pictures. They are beautiful! I also like the way you did the word "jolly" with an anchor and on wood. The white birch in the fire place is a very creative idea. Thanks for the ideas.

flortenndreamer on December 10, 2013 at 11:23 pm
  3. Now that is a very creative Wreath

Galamie on December 11, 2013 at 4:43 am
    • I worry about the bike in the fire place though XD

Galamie on December 11, 2013 at 4:44 am
  4. The whole Christmas design is beautiful!

I like the wreath on the front door….the shells being tucked into the green, lovely.

And the lettering in the word JOLLY….very clever!

The sun bleached starfish as ornaments on the tree.

I like the birch within the fireplace…the bike should be just fine. What little child is going to be excited about that gift!

Trish on December 11, 2013 at 11:25 am
  5. I love Christmas, and what you have done is beautiful , but I would like to see more color, along with the natural items.

MargueriteSilva on December 12, 2013 at 7:32 am
  6. I love the idea of using magnolia leaves & palm branches with fruit (orange, grapefruit, pomagranet) and then mixing in some star fish as a nod to both the season and the sea.

Gail on December 12, 2013 at 6:57 pm
  7. This home is absolutely lovely. The original character is still there and the remodeling is fantastic. A praise report to all!

Sharon price on December 12, 2013 at 9:01 pm
  8. Haha that is cute

Insulate on December 12, 2013 at 9:02 pm
  9. Love all the colors and decorations! We might start having to stage some spec homes with that holiday theme.

Cajun home builder on December 13, 2013 at 12:05 am
  10. Love all the colors and decorations! We might start having to stage some spec homes with that holiday theme.

Mark on December 13, 2013 at 12:23 am